Used 2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chrysler Aspen - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aspen model:

The Beast
By rock47

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned an Aspen for 4 years now and it's been nothing but the best for me. I think the middle row has plenty of room and the seats lay back giving you more room. The third row is a little snug but don't anyone sit back there but the kids. I don't know what Aspen anyone else is driving but my Aspen rides smooth!. If I had to say anything bad about it I would say the price of the Aspen is a little steep! and the gas mileage could be a little better. The other sad part about it is they don't make it anymore and I don't wont to go back to a car.

My favorite features of the Aspen is the touch screen radio and the rear cam and I also like the running boards on the truck.

I think the should bring the Aspen back at the same size and make the gas mileage better on it. I know we are trying to make the cars and trucks smaller to have better gas mileage but some people are bigger then others and cant fit in little cars and trucks. I'm a big guy not fat guy!!

Great Vehicle for the Money
By Stan in Texas

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We actually wanted to buy a Tahoe, Yukon or Expedition. However, a comparably equipped Chrysler Aspen was about $12K less. That's a lot of money, so we went with the Aspen. I've never been a Chrysler fan, but I am willing to give them a shot. I think Edmunds was too hard on the Aspen in their review. So far (2100 miles) we LOVE our Aspen. This is a leftover 2009 model and the dealer ship was REALLY dealing. They knocked $11K off the sticker price and gave us $3K more than we owed on our 2007 Explorer.

Chrome wheels, reclining second row bucket seats, Hemi engine, Navigation system, leather and suede upholstery, power rear door hatch, unique styling. I love the wood trim and the wood steering wheel. Access to third row seats is very easy. I think the whole package is rather elegant.

Better fuel efficiency would be nice, but when you buy a full size SUV you know you aren't getting super gas mileage. Plastic on interior doors is somewhat cheap looking. Leg room in second row is somewhat tight.

Smooth Hemi Power in a Large SUV
By Kevin K

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My first impression was that it had a CVT transmission its shifts so smooth, but NO. The transmission does not seem to give the same punch throughout a wide range, my Nissans in the past were much better in that area. Interior makes you feel that you are in a nice vehicle, it is also an attention getter on the exterior. For a 6,400 LB SUV it accelerates fast, you are king of the Trucks/SUVs on the road without a Hemi. Will take "most" 6 Cyl Cars as well, just stay away from some of the import powerful V6's like the 2009 Maxima. It is a little bouncy on major dips/bumps, but not overly so. The Brakes are sufficient, but could stop a little better. Handling on sharp bends is average at best.

Hemi, Most affordable vehicle in this class size and features, 3 rows of seats, Exterior Style, Touch screen functions, Neat programmable features, Power lift gate, Standard auto start, Great AC when put into Max mode. Not many others have it, nor will anymore.

Breaking Power, Handling on curves, Would like to see 1-2 more miles per gallon, in a vehicle that shuts down 4 Cyl, Picture quality of back up view camera, For a 376 HP 400+ ft of torque vehicle 6,400 Lbs or not - I expected a little better 0-60 but don't get me wrong it is not sluggish.

Love My Aspen
By aspen_j

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had a 2005 Durango and this Aspen drives more like a car when compared to it. What really sold me on the Aspen was the heavy discounts, Sirius Backseat TV, remote start, alarm, chrome wheels, power liftgate, and 3 rows. All other brands didn't fit my budget with those same features.

Sirius TV, remote start, power liftgate, adjustable pedals

HID lighting, Blue Tooth standard.