2009 Chrysler Aspen 4.7L V8 5-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2009 Chrysler Aspen - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 5-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Aspen model:
The Beast
By rock47 on 07/27/11 15:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned an Aspen for 4 years now and it's been nothing but the best for me. I think the middle row has plenty of room and the seats lay back giving you more room. The third row is a little snug but don't anyone sit back there but the kids. I don't know what Aspen anyone else is driving but my Aspen rides smooth!. If I had to say anything bad about it I would say the price of the Aspen is a little steep! and the gas mileage could be a little better. The other sad part about it is they don't make it anymore and I don't wont to go back to a car.

Great Vehicle for the Money
By Stan in Texas on 09/10/09 18:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We actually wanted to buy a Tahoe, Yukon or Expedition. However, a comparably equipped Chrysler Aspen was about $12K less. That's a lot of money, so we went with the Aspen. I've never been a Chrysler fan, but I am willing to give them a shot. I think Edmunds was too hard on the Aspen in their review. So far (2100 miles) we LOVE our Aspen. This is a leftover 2009 model and the dealer ship was REALLY dealing. They knocked $11K off the sticker price and gave us $3K more than we owed on our 2007 Explorer.

Smooth Hemi Power in a Large SUV
By Kevin K on 08/11/09 21:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My first impression was that it had a CVT transmission its shifts so smooth, but NO. The transmission does not seem to give the same punch throughout a wide range, my Nissans in the past were much better in that area. Interior makes you feel that you are in a nice vehicle, it is also an attention getter on the exterior. For a 6,400 LB SUV it accelerates fast, you are king of the Trucks/SUVs on the road without a Hemi. Will take "most" 6 Cyl Cars as well, just stay away from some of the import powerful V6's like the 2009 Maxima. It is a little bouncy on major dips/bumps, but not overly so. The Brakes are sufficient, but could stop a little better. Handling on sharp bends is average at best.

Love My Aspen
By aspen_j on 07/08/09 10:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had a 2005 Durango and this Aspen drives more like a car when compared to it. What really sold me on the Aspen was the heavy discounts, Sirius Backseat TV, remote start, alarm, chrome wheels, power liftgate, and 3 rows. All other brands didn't fit my budget with those same features.