2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Nice Truck
By rhymas on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Overall a very nice truck. It does what I need it too, it is very comfortable and the ride is excellent. Even the fuel economy is good.

CHEVY SILVERADO Z71 LS
By J.Davis on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for a little over 10 months so far and I absolutely love it. I have 16000 miles on it and have had no problems whatsoever. I love the sharp new front end and rear tail light design! I like the Vortec 5.3 but it seems like it needs a little boost in horsepower, it doesn't seem like 285, i think it should be around 300 or so. Gass mileage isn't the best i get about 300-400 miles every time i fill up. Also, the interior electronics seem out of date and need updating, but those are minor improvements. So far, the best vehicle i have ever driven!

Outstanding Truck
By sunman on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

After owning both a Ford, and Dodge (the worst)truck. This Silverado is a pleasure to drive. My wife calls it the "Lexus with a bed." I had a problem early on with the 4WD warning message appearing. After GM said that they had no fix. They finally determined that it was a faulty Encoder Motor. They changed it and it's been fine since. That has been my only issue. It's been very reliable. I find the interior materials much improved over former GM products. I would certainly recommend this truck to anyone. It rides and handles great. Very comfortable. 5.3L Engine has plenty of power, and yet gas mileage at 16.5/19 on average. Great for a large truck.

10k mile update
By daltam69 on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Like the power of the 4.8 but I probably should have gone with the 3.73 axle ratio instead of 3.42 for a little better acceleration/pulling power. Barely getting 15.5 to 16mpg in mostly city driving. Overall very happy with this truck so far...like the smooth strong power and roominess. Ride is a little spongy but comfortable and quiet...looking to upgrade suspension for appearance/performance.

Average Truck
By mtbau on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I find this truck to be average. It has the steering thump noise, found in chevy trucks since 1999 that chevy won't solve. Also had mildew smell in the air conditioner, the dealer installed a circuit board to correct this. Also the truck has the common transmisson shudder on acceleration.

Great ride
By H.S. 617 on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I think the Chevy 4x4 Silverado 4dr. Z71 is great purchase for those individuals who plan on driving the vehicle how it was intended to be driven. The truck has an excellent ride and drive, and still maintains decent off road capabilities. The towing capabilities are plenty for most of the consumers in the market for this truck. The interior is comfortable and easy to keep clean. I have done some off roading and am satisfied with the truck performance. There are cheap and easy after market add ons to increase horsepower.

REAR SEAT COVERS
By Steve Chermak on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Floor mats left on back seat during transit left imprints that after two months and three trips to dealer still show. Dealer will not replace yet and poor materials used on premium seat covers . Also problems with factory alarm system and interior lighting.Back window noise

03 4x4 4.8L
By BCKNBLK on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

When the 03's first came out I hated the new design but it grew on me. I added a billet aluminum grille and it looks like a whole new truck now. The power of just the 4.8L impressed me so much that I thought it was a 5.3L at first. I had two Dodge Rams previously and the vortech motor would just walk all over the 5.2L and 5.9L's I had in my Rams. Overall it's a AWESOME truck and Chevy got back my loyalty with this truck!

What a great truck!
By Mr. Chip on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I traded in my Volvo XC 70 because I saw this truck at the dealership as I drove by every day for three weeks. I have not been disappointed. Plenty of power and compliments! Runs and looks great. Great build quality and very comfortable.

2003 silverado
By peter janke on 12/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

this is an out standing truck