My 7th S-10.......Yes I'm in a rutt.....
By TonyinOlympia on
2003 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)
Poor excuse for a pickup bed, but the only thing you can't haul is a 2X4 (if you open the slider you can get a 12'in if you hang on to it :). Great mid life kids/yardwork/misc projects vehicle. Gas mileage sucks, but no worse than anything else in this league. The residual power, auto headlights, and power everything are awesome. Chevy did a great job improving the brakes for 2002. This is a fair/cold weather vehicle, like all S-10's over the past few years, the heater seems to always be on. The A/C works VERY well, but it seems odd that you cannot force cool air out of the system when it is 40deg outside without turning on the A/C.
Favorite Features
Lots of power, 2 kid seats in the back and still bring the wife and 1000lbs of pellet fuel, christmas tree, or coolers and tents for the camping trip. Towing is very good for a 4000lb trailer.
Suggested Improvements
This is my 7th S-10 (can you say "Rutt". I have had issues with all of the transmissions and wiper motors - All of them! Now they have dis-continued the S-10 line after NO PROBLEMS with anything on this truck. If you want an S-10, pay the extra for a late model. Tony