Colorado proves to be a surprising ride!
By Gil H on
2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Fleet Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)
At the time that I was shopping for a light duty truck I was impressed enough with the Chevy Colorado to take a chance at first glance. Sure there was a lot of history with US trucks in as much as how reliable they were compared to their Japanese competitors. For once, I'm happy to report that I was right (thank goodness!) in my initial assessment of this impressive vehicle. After 63,000 miles my truck still rides fine, has been hassle free and has made me a believer. It's been just what I'd hoped it'd be and a bit more. A no-nonsense, get me there-and-back, reliable truck. It's not as fancy as most the others but I have to say I'm really happy with my purchase.
Favorite Features
The most surprising aspect of this truck is the very comfortable ride. The seats could have been a bit more stout and there could've been a bit more attention paid to the dash and gauges but, overall, I'm satisfied.
Suggested Improvements
Some gun-barrel type accents or more storage for change and nick-nacks would be nice. The demographic is not only in younger "1st time buying a new vehicle" types.