2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Review: BUY AN LT IF POSSIBLE.

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Review

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt

LS Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

BUY AN LT IF POSSIBLE.
By unicornrides on

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a follow up to my last review (which I cannot edit) on this car.. This is a scatter-brained review from someone who was used to a V6 engine.

**NOTE: I mod my cars. This car has no major mods, yet. I use my car for: work, travel, picking up dudes.**

In 2012 I bought my 09 LS Coupe (base everything- even fake hubcaps!) mostly for the the price (22k miles and under $7.5k.)

Second car.

THIS CAR IS STRONG. I have put over 25k miles on it in under 3 years.. and have driven it off-road, over things I can't identify but sound like explosions, etc.. and it hasn't affected it at all.

Cat friendly. I OUTRUN NEWER SPORTS CARS AND OTHER CARS IN MY BASE LS. This car is TOUGH. Had my first accident in it and only got a fender bender. Automatic drives more like a manual/shift-able automatic. VERY comfortable for 9+ hour trips. Trims pop off to customize easily. HUGE fanbase behind this car. So you find all the things you ever need to know about it online. Things/parts/etc online specially made for this car. 40 mpg hwy. 22 mpg city. (50k miles on the car) Speakers are amazing! I get a lot of bass compliments. Had the front one blow (which is another common Cobalt problem.) Easy to install new stuff! Parts come cheap/reasonably priced.

THIS CAR IS #1 ON THE RECALL LIST OF ITS TIME PERIOD. Before you buy, have whoever show you proof that these issues are fixed! I, thankfully, have not had problems with mine and it now has 50k miles. Battery is in THE TRUNK. WHY?! Front end is outdated- fit a kit to it and install fog-lights in non SS versions. Trunk opening is small. Base LS needs cruise control and automatic windows/locks. Needs more cubby holes!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review