2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - So far so good...

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

So far so good...
By JimP on

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

In July 03 I purchased a 2003 5 speed, 2 door. I have slightly over 300 miles on it so I can't say much about reliability. Seems like a decent car for $8840 (time will tell). I'm certainly convinced that the $14K sticker price is just another marketing scam. You would be a fool to pay that much for any car like this. You know thay made profit on what I paid! I hate the marked up sticker prices and the facade that the rebates are real. Insults my intelligence.

Favorite Features

The low price. The AC is very cold, (so far). The 140 HP 4 cylinder does well with the 5 speed. Radio sounds decent. Fold down rear seats are a nice feature. Good placement of parking brake. Standard feature tachometer is cool. Ultra Silver paint looks nice.

Suggested Improvements

Sun visors are too big; they hit the rearview mirror when folded down. I feel like I might break the door handles if I pull them too hard. Many interior parts seem too delicate. Should make rear disk brakes standard (with no extra cost).