Believe all of the good stuff
By Ron M on
2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I bought my Av new in 2004. GM should have named it the Transformer. There isn't anything I can't do with this truck. I carry full sheets of plywood and sheetrock (and it stays dry in the rain). I've carried firewood, gravel and anything else a regular truck does. I've gone camping with four others in the passenger compartment, my four wheeler in the back, two canoes on top, towing four wheelers and gear on the trailer behind. I live in Maine and the Av keeps me cool when it's in the high nineties and toasty warm when it's forty something below. It stays on the road during a blizzard like a bengal tiger on it's next meal. I will own this Av forever. Really. I still own my '72 Dodge Demon.
Favorite Features
When I have to decide which vehicle to take, I choose between: The work truck. The play truck. The five passenger family vehicle. The vehicle with the great Bose sound system. The truck that's great in snow and any other type of weather. The one that's the most fun to drive. I'll take my Avalanche
Suggested Improvements
The '02 also has two lights in the back, my '04 only one. I would put a key slot in the passenger side door. I would change the cup holders in the center console. We sit side by side, the cup holders are front and back. Why? My wife's Tahoe and a friend's '02 Av are side by side. This one bugs me.