Used 2006 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Bavarian beauty
By 2006 BMW Z4i

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have only owned this car for 5 months and love it. Previous car was a 1998 Porsche 911, while the Z4 cannot compare to the 911 in performance it comes very close and cost a lot less in purchase price and maint. cost. I also think it is a better looking car. I have gotten more looks and compliments then I did with the 911.

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, performance, reasonable gas mileage 25 mpg avg. and ergonomics

Suggested Improvements

I think the z4 should come standard with 255hp, it would then be much closer to the Nissan 370Z and the 911

Remake this Classic
By Skeep

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The BMW Z4 Classic. Lines are right. The sport edition roars. I live in Germany and this Classic gets stares all the time--drove her to Paris and they simply stared...

Favorite Features

Sport package rocks. Run flats. A true rag top instead of a "wanna be" rag top like the new Z4. Premium sound is purrrrfect.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing.

Fun -- Fun -- Fun -- in the Sun
By funits

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought the car with 17,000 miles. The car is amazing to look at, never mind amazing to drive. Fast, confident and gorgeous come to mind. Or as a friend said after riding in the car, "I couldn't stop smiling"! The interior is comfortable and well laid-out. The MPG is incredible -- I'm averaging 28-28 MPG (low of 25, high of 32.2). I did replace the OEM run-flat tires with regular tires and the ride quality improved 100% with no loss of handling and improved wet road handling. My car is still under warranty and the few issues that needed to be fixed where taken care of by the dealer no problem, even though I'm the 2nd owner. Drawbacks: it is a little challenging to get in and out of!

Favorite Features

The look of the car, the premium pkg, the sport pkg., power top, killer stereo, bi-xenon lights, heated seats, silky smooth 6-speed, halo lights, great available space in the trunk with top up or down.

Suggested Improvements

Either improve the ride quality of run- flat tires or replace with regular tires. Wish I had an 6-disc in dash CD. Wish they'd invent an option to keep the dust off the car.

Fun on wheels
By Mikenmass

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

With today's prices it's hard not to consider an upscale model car. The styling is great but the engine and handling is what is special about a Z4. You probably need alternative transportation for the family or pets but a ride in a roadster will always be a treat.

Favorite Features

Engine, transmission, styling.

Suggested Improvements

CD changer

Incredible automobile
By swantz

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Dreamed of owning one of these for a long time. Finally traded my Jeep Wrangler for this certified used Z4. What an incredible automobile. Handles like a dream and I'm stared at and asked about it 24/7. Handling, fuel economy, and styling is like no other.

Favorite Features

Comfort and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps better cup holders and BMW should give lifetime access to automatic phone dialing emergency system instead of 1 year but these are certainly minor.