2006 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
What a ride!
By bcubed on 01/03/07 15:23 PM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am very critical when it comes to my taste in sports cars. My Z4 coupe is without a doubt, the best sports car that I have ever owned. The car does what it is designed to do - be driven! Some reviews suggest a harsh ride and limited visibility due to the coupe's distinctly low profile. For a driving enthusiast, these are attributes, not faults. The build quality is on par with other vehicles in its class, and the smile this thing puts on my face every time I turn the key is priceless.

Love my new BMW rag top!
By Billy Salts on 12/12/06 14:12 PM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am having a blast with this car! This car has it all, great looks, (Metallic Silver with Red Leather), 6 speed all with 255HP. This car sounds like an F1 race car when it winds up. Great clutch, great gear box and push button top. Gas mileage is about 24 mpg. I love this car.

Fun car
By Chete on 11/06/06 14:54 PM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a retiree's escape to a driving dream. It is a fun car. The optional wind turbulance deflectors allow a newspaper to lie on the passenger seat at 70 mph. The selectronic 6 speed is very smooth. The turn radius is sharp. Handling is tight on turns. A solid runner.

This is one great redo
By Michael on 11/04/06 06:56 AM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I previously owned a 2003 Z4 3.0, and now have a 2006 Z4 3.0si. While I loved the first one, the new Z4 is spectacular. Press the sport button on the si, and it changes the manners completely. I always felt that I could have used a little more power- but not so much tha I have no choice of transmissions and pay a gas guzzling tax, like the M. This is that perfect car. Until the twin turbo from the new 335 makes it over!

Exceptional in everyway
By KVK on 11/03/06 18:57 PM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car has the most road feel of all the cars I test drove. When I first got behind the wheel of an 05 3.0 I knew this was the car to get in the first ten minutes. So fun to drive and the quality of workmanship and materials are great. This car handles like a slot car with nice power. M-seats are a must. The stereo is awesome. I am 6'0 tall and fit comfortably inside. This is my first BMW and now I know what the buzz is about!

Love My Z
By Laurence on 11/02/06 13:55 PM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 2006 Z4 is a great ride! Not only great looking (I get compliments several times a week), but a great drive. It rockets off the line with the 6 speed SMG paddles providing visions of F1 dancing through my head. It eats up curves, I have had it +70 mph on highway exit ramps and is very roomy for a 2 seater. All that and I use it as my daily driver too. It gets me to and from work, and has even hauled the groceries in a pinch with its very usable trunk space. Overall it is just plain fun... a practical car that you can race in a pinch, take a nice Sunday drive or go shopping in.

Alpine white beauty
By JeffM16 on 10/05/06 12:46 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have had my Z4 for a week now and even with trying to take the car from my wife and constantly arguing about whose car is it, it's still worth every second of owning. After owning my first BMW I don't believe I could ever own another brand.

To-Much-Fun
By Gene Vest on 09/29/06 08:55 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 4600 miles, I am thrilled with this car. It is much more fun to drive than my 2005 C5 vette was, and the interior is quiet enough for conversation with the top down on the interstate. The engine provides pleanty of power, and I love getting 33.1 MPG on the highway. The handling is excellent with the sport pacakge and 18" wheels, but it does try to follow road grooves at lower speeds. The cabin and trunk are large for this type car, but the standard seats are a bit alcking in support and style. I wuold get the M seats if buying another one. This is a great looking car that really turns heads. This is my daily driver and handles wet weather wonderfully.

Got it... love it
By skoot on 09/26/06 20:27 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just climbed out of a 02 toyota mr2 into a new z4. I love the power, the room, the automatic top. I can't get the smile off my face... what a nice change! The z4 is just what I needed. I used to have a 99 corvette and I like this z4 even better than I did the vette and I liked the vette a lot.

Control the Power
By Anant Bhakta on 09/19/06 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

BMW z4 3.0si is built for fast car driver. I drove nissan 350z, honda s2000, Mazdarx8, lexus sc430 but z4 is diffrent. I was in love with car after 1st ride. Got to have that ultimate Driving Machine.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.