Used 2006 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Z4 3.0si
By z3toz4

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had my Z3 for twelve years, finally bought a Certified Z4. Be very careful with Certified, even though BMW has fixed all the problems that have come up, mine has been in the shop for MAJOR suspension and engine problems. It has been in the shop 20 of the 60 days I have owned it. Not what I expected from a BMW Certified car. Now that I think I am past the problems this car had, I really am enjoying driving it! Much smoother, powerful ride than Z3.

Style, handling, WOW factor, Ipod connector and integrated use with steering wheel controls

Would like better fuel economy and some type of option for a spare tire if desired.

3 Years Later
By Garhuff

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I ordered this car after seeing it at the Autoshow, even though I was only able to test drive the convertible. I took delivery of it at the factory, and I have loved it ever since. I still get a thrill when I see it parked in the lot. I constantly get 'thumbs ups', wherever I drive it.

The stance of this coupe. It's a hot car. The handling and breaking are amazing. I drive rental cars for my work, which can be scary when you are used to driving this car.

The center console storage is a little awkward... could use a tray of some sort to keep things from moving around. This is a very minor complaint, but there's little else to gripe about.

Fun on wheels
By Mikenmass

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

With today's prices it's hard not to consider an upscale model car. The styling is great but the engine and handling is what is special about a Z4. You probably need alternative transportation for the family or pets but a ride in a roadster will always be a treat.

Engine, transmission, styling.

CD changer

Bavarian beauty
By 2006 BMW Z4i

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have only owned this car for 5 months and love it. Previous car was a 1998 Porsche 911, while the Z4 cannot compare to the 911 in performance it comes very close and cost a lot less in purchase price and maint. cost. I also think it is a better looking car. I have gotten more looks and compliments then I did with the 911.

Looks, comfort, performance, reasonable gas mileage 25 mpg avg. and ergonomics

I think the z4 should come standard with 255hp, it would then be much closer to the Nissan 370Z and the 911

Can't Go Wrong With a Bimmer
By Bimmer4Life

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car just a couple months ago with 9,900 miles on it. Always loved the 3 series but fell in love with the Z and I got a good price, too and previous owner paid for all the options [wood dash, power seats/convertible top, HID headlights]. I get looks everywhere I go, and the front styling resembles a 6-series I suppose. Acceleration is best at higher speeds, that's where it really shines. I wish it had more accessible low-end power, but you can't have everything. I average about 25 mpg, but when in traffic that number plummets. Overall I'm extremely satisfied with this Bimmer.

Unique exterior styling, space-saving pop-in cupholders, large trunk space, steering wheel mounted stereo controls, fast power convertible top.

Better weight distribution. It's so front heavy that any slope change or even going over reflectors will send the car veering off the side. My only complaint about the car.