Used 2006 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Bavarian beauty
By 2006 BMW Z4i

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have only owned this car for 5 months and love it. Previous car was a 1998 Porsche 911, while the Z4 cannot compare to the 911 in performance it comes very close and cost a lot less in purchase price and maint. cost. I also think it is a better looking car. I have gotten more looks and compliments then I did with the 911.

Looks, comfort, performance, reasonable gas mileage 25 mpg avg. and ergonomics

I think the z4 should come standard with 255hp, it would then be much closer to the Nissan 370Z and the 911

Can't Go Wrong With a Bimmer
By Bimmer4Life

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car just a couple months ago with 9,900 miles on it. Always loved the 3 series but fell in love with the Z and I got a good price, too and previous owner paid for all the options [wood dash, power seats/convertible top, HID headlights]. I get looks everywhere I go, and the front styling resembles a 6-series I suppose. Acceleration is best at higher speeds, that's where it really shines. I wish it had more accessible low-end power, but you can't have everything. I average about 25 mpg, but when in traffic that number plummets. Overall I'm extremely satisfied with this Bimmer.

Unique exterior styling, space-saving pop-in cupholders, large trunk space, steering wheel mounted stereo controls, fast power convertible top.

Better weight distribution. It's so front heavy that any slope change or even going over reflectors will send the car veering off the side. My only complaint about the car.

Two years waiting for this car
By gary

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Two years ago I was driving a 07 PRHT Miata. Test drove a Z4 auto; loved it but couldn't afford it. This spring I traded my Miata Roadster for a 03 Z4 with auto transmission. My wife and I took it on a 4600 mile spring road trip to the northwest all in 10 days. Loved every turn, downshift, and gas stop. I auto crossed it during the summer months with great pleasure. My brother in law came to town in his pick-up and we found a 05 Z4 for him to take home. Wife and great grand kids were out riding on the week-end in her Mercedes Benz and just stopped to see if the 330ci was the same size has hers. Saw the Z4, could not believe the mileage! Of course I really wanted a 6spd.

Awesome Car
By Garhuff

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car because I loved the styling and two years later, I still get excited every time I drive it. I still get stopped by people asking me questions about it frequently. I picked this instead of the Porsche Cayman and I've never regretted it.

Exterior styling. The drive. I never thought this would matter to me, but I do enjoy the attention it brings.

Homelink wasn't available on the 2006 model, but they fixed that in later models. Other than that, the car's pretty much perfect.

Sexy, Sleek and Fun to Drive!
By Lisa

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When I went to the BMW dealer, I saw this car and fell in love. After the test drive it was an obsession. It handles like it is on rails, it thrills at every turn. It is one hot car and I consistently get 25.5 miles per gallon hwy and city. It is a headturner and it backs up its looks. It is like a motorcycle with a cage around it. It is that ultimate driving experience every time you step into it. It looks as if it chiseled in marble. To me a work of art. Me and this car were made for each other. I recommend it. Great sports car.

Outward appearance, acceleration and cornering, stereo system, trunk. Comfort of leather seats.

Better cupholders, standard windscreen.