2006 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
From a Z-3 To a Z-4
By K-Bone on 10/24/08 13:52 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well i went from a z-3 to a z-4 miss the curves and the shark gills on the side, but love the power cornering one touch roof and better sound system then the z3.Cup holders in a great spot,not in way of stick shift. Larger trunk,can fit golf clubs and small cooler in this one. They also put a glass window in this one instead of the ole plastic one. Great lighting one the front light up the road also. Owned a 2003 Boxster also at one time and this is less of a money out of pocket kind of car also.

My Toy
By Bob on 10/07/08 15:02 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I finally bought a 3rd car for our family. I have always wanted a convertible sports car. After a lot of test driving and research, we decided to purchase a used 2006 with 8,000 miles on it from the certified lot at our local BMW store. We have absolutely no regrets!! I had my heart set on a Porsche Boxster, but after test driving the Z4 I was sold. We have had it for over a year and it still puts a smile on my face every time I get in. Strong acceleration, handling, and comfort. I even drove it 487 miles in one day with the top down and loved every minute of it!!

Zed 4 3.0i
By Kipper on 07/12/08 10:58 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car after test driving SLKs, Miatas, Z300s, Boxsters and S2000s. The Zed 4 3.0i, although not the highest performing Zed 4, seems to be more refined than the other cars I tested. The handling is crisp and throttle response is quick. The 3.0i is not particularly quick for this class, but does provide a 0-60 mph time under six seconds. It is a good highway cruiser but a bit bumpy on the backroads. However, I never lost any confidence in handling while on bumpy roads. I'm averaging 24 miles per gallon, driving in both highway and city. The body style is a real head turner and the interior seems to fit the body style.

Quality with Flaws
By Peter J on 05/12/08 18:39 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Interior build quality is disappointing due to use of cheap plastics. Been back to the dealer 4 time because of annoying squeaks and rattles but dealer cannot fix. The high performance driving experience is marred by these constant squeaks and rattles, even happening at low speeds. Ride is extremely harsh. On anything other than perfect roads you can feel everything down to the road paint. The car is easily pulled from side to side by uneven roads. Tire noise is high. Of course this kind of handling is to be expected for this type of car. Otherwise, the car has exceptional performance.

Z4 truly a great car
By Olivier on 05/10/08 16:09 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have always been a corvette lover, but the Z4 took my heart away. Incredible handling, acceleration. The sport package in my opinion is a must to truly appeciate the driving experience of a Z4.

A Year Later--Still WOW
By Bill on 01/12/08 11:32 AM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Ok, my first review was Feb 2007 and at that time I was wowed by this car. A year later, living in Germany, this car absolutely rocks. On the autobahn this ragtop can cruise as fast as the others (135mph our top speed so far). But we prefer to take the top down on a sunny day and slow- drive in the right lane as everyone looks. It is that hot. We knew we were coming to europe when we purchased but I can truly say that the Z4 was designed with the autobahn in mind and is super cool to drive. Its handling is absolutely on point. It is truly the "roadster" it is purported to be. Hands down, she wins!

As good as it gets for under $50k
By Jay on 10/25/07 06:41 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The new 3.0 engine in the si model is incredible. Massive amounts of smooth power, beautiful sound when pushed hard, and a hard to believe 25+ mpg when driven hard. What truly makes the Z4 3.0si great is how well everything works together. The 6-speed manual tranny is perfectly matched to the engines power curve, the brakes have a perfect feel and no fade, the handling with the sport package is race car like.

Aw Yeah
By Bill on 02/12/07 13:06 PM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Sold the Cooper S and amped up from 194 hp to 255 on this 3.0si and we definitely appreciate the increased horsepower. Initially test drove the 3.0 and were quite dissatisfied. Same engine in the 3.0si as in the 07 335si and it shows. Sports and Premium pkgs make this car all muscle and well worth going into a "Roadster" as opposed to a "Sedan" with muscle. The one touch automatic ragtop is absolutely great because it truly is engineered right--tucks in snug and perfect. What else would we expect from Bavaria? Exterior is solid and didn't change in 2007 - so pricewise we scooped up a waiting 2006. Great move. Very glad we did.

Nothing more fun to drive
By eastofeden on 01/31/07 21:07 PM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is amazing in terms of overall styling and quality. This model looks like BMW designed the coupe first and then sliced the top off to make the convertible. There aren't many of the coupes around so if you like to have an unusual car that performs well, this is it. I've had mine for 7 months and have never seen another one on the road.

Great Roadster
By Uol_Koras on 01/30/07 14:22 PM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I tested all of the competition (SLK 350, Boxster S, S2000, etc.), and I found the Z4 to be the best in class, especially considering the price. The Z4 has excellent power (and the sound of the I-6 is like tearing silk!), great fuel economy (averaging 26 mpg+ in mixed driving), tight, buttoned-down handling, plenty of room and great safety features.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.