Used 2010 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used GTI for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4.63 out of 5 stars

All I can say

jmroberts1, 02/14/2012
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

After owning this car for two years with absolutely no problems I am happy! I am a very satisfied with my 2010 GTI 2 door. Pretty much a base model with the dsg transmission. 35000 miles later and I am now a VW convert, I bought this as an emotional buy knowing VW's hit or miss reliability. The fit and finish is second to none and I have still not heard any unexplained rattles. Mileage has been outstanding, 32.1 overall with about 85 % being highway miles. I can get about 37 to 39 MPG's highway when I do 60 consistently and high 20's around town. Fun to drive factor is great, power is always on tap with minimal turbo lag. It handles well for fwd. Highly recommend!!!!!

4.25 out of 5 stars

One Year Later--grin still plastered on face.

mjjackson76, 01/06/2011
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my GTI (4dr, manual, 18s) for just over a year, and I'm still enamored with the car. It's solid, speedy, handles amazingly well. Yes, could use more power, but I don't need it. Handling is what makes the car so fun. Ride is a bit harsh on bad pavement, but who cares? Buy a couch on wheels if you so desire. Stereo is fantastic but touchscreen is difficult while driving, shifter precise, engine note perfectly tuned and gas mileage good on the highway--26-28mpg on spririted freeway stints at 90mph; 33 best; 13 in city worst. Two issues: brake pad came apart at 4000 miles; rattles from pas. b-pillar at 8800 miles. No big deal--all replaced under warranty quickly. Can't wait for R20.

What a car!

cobraboy1, 12/02/2012
PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Wow, this car is totally amazing! I spent 3months test driving all different cars in the class, bordering the class, and in classes above and beneath just to narrow down everything. In the end I decided on the Certified Pre-Owned 2010 VW GTI, which I bought for 19.5k with just 16k miles on the clock. The top three for me were, in the end, the GTI, Mazdaspeed 3, and the WRX Hatch. Third place was the WRX because while I loved the AWD and the power. I really didn't like the price, nobody orders the base models. the Speed3 was close but didn't have the refinement of the GTI.

One HOT little number!

Dustin, 12/28/2015
PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this GTI about a year and a half ago with 55,000 miles on it. I have done some scheduled maintenance at low costs by myself. Fantastic fun and absolutely no problems at all. I have put 15,000 on it already. This was not my dream car but it's all you need under buget. Vw GTI owner for life. You will not be disappointed, and everyone will notice you in your 6 year old car:))

4 out of 5 stars

Refined Gem

vw_gti, 03/27/2011
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The GTI is easily the best combination of refinement, speed, value, and driving pleasure on the market. I cross-shopped the car with various others and the GTI was the winner with the closest runner-ups being the BMW 328i and the Mini Cooper. I honestly don't think the GTI competes against the various Japanese cars (i.e. Civic Si, WRX, Evo) because of its level of refinement. No, it's not as fast as the WRX or the Evo, but it provides a level of refinement and all-around usability that both of those toys can't match. It's less isolated than the luxury cars but is still blessed with a remarkably high-class interior that should be the envy of most entry-luxury drivers.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Spent half my $50K car budget

milleman, 03/10/2011
PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had spent a year test driving 20 cars over 1000mi to decide on the car that would last me the 20yrs my last car did, a VW Corrado. Life's too short to keep driving VWs, but the final shootouts for months were between the '10 GTI and different flavors of 1 and 3 series BMW coupes. I was not cross-shopping any of the Japanese "hot hatches".

5 out of 5 stars

50 more horses please, no problem!

dsatl, 08/30/2010
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I love everything about this car except that it needs more power. Well, I found out, before I bought it, that you can get a software reflash that ups the turbo boost to 19 PSI instead of 10 PSI and you get 54 hp and 80 lp-ft of torque. All this is from a company that works directly with VAG (VW of America) and develops racing concepts for them. All this is safe for the car, but dealers don't really like you to do it for obvious reasons. The car now runs 0-60 in 5.8 instead of 6.6. It's a monster and that's why I bought it. It also has a stealth mode for when you bring it into the dealer.

The Best GTI in Years

Ian, 12/01/2009
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my third GTI(still own my MKI, sold my MKIV), this car is exactly what the GTI should be. The MKVI GTI is fun to drive anywhere, easy to use as a daily commuter, a blast to use in the mountains, excellent compromise between performance and gas mileage. Interior amenities are excellent, touchscreen stereo is awesome, stick shift is smooth and feels comfortable in your hand. Lateral support is top notch in a car that urges you to rip it through corners, and once you do, the XDS makes you feel like a pro coming out of them. Not sure why so many people fear VW reliability, I’ve driven them for years and never had any major issues, must be lucky.

Best car for the money

H-DUB, 06/12/2010
PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

As I get older, I place a lot more emphasis on value. In terms of what I value, I wanted economy, acceleration, utility, and styling. In my opinion, there is not another car that can beat the GTI. When I did my research, the two most important criteria were gas mileage and acceleration. So I came up with my own measure, which was average gas mileage divided by the 0 to 60 time. The GTI was far away the best performer in that measure. I've owned BMWs exclusively up until this purchase. I've got to say that I enjoy driving this car more than any of my previous 7 BMWs. I've had this car for a month now and still can't get over the great VALUE.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Obsessed with my car

npsgti, 01/28/2011
PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Got this car CPO with 9k miles on it a month and a half ago and have put about a thousand miles on it since. This car is incredible. I was in a Mazda3 for a while before this car and this car just blows it away on every level. Interior is high quality on par with Audi etc. Excellent touch screen stereo and iPod interface with a very high attention to detail from the leather wrapped flat bottom steering wheel to the subtle red stitching throughout. Very comfortable seats etc. The engine (2liter turbo) coupled with 6 speed manual (how could you get the DSG??) is a dream. Seemingly bottomless torque and plenty of power when I need it with a nice exhaust sound. Excellent exterior design. Grade A

3.75 out of 5 stars

Can you say lemon?

Synthtek, 11/13/2010
PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Love the car, love the interior, fun to drive...When it works... Car has broken down once in the first six months and need to be towed. Since that time it has been to the dealer 3 times for misfires and engine stalling out. This is a DSG vehicle... I've made three reports to NHTSA and the car is currently in the shop again... Never had a vehicle before that's been so unreliable.

3.5 out of 5 stars

Still overpriced, but a blast to drive

tepsicity, 11/25/2014
PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I still think the GTI is overpriced for its class, considering you can't get some options available on other comparable cars (have fun trying to hook up an iPod to the system and have it work through the wheel controls and enough already with the plaid cloth seats), but DAMN is it fun to drive. Way more fun than the Mazdaspeed 3 at least among the 2010 models, and any WRX in that realm would have been even more overpriced and driven to death. Fair warning that I had to spend a good $3k to replace the fans in the front in a hot climate at around 67k miles. Pissed me off to put that much money into what was at that point about a $10k car, but like I said...DAMN is it fun to drive.

Feeling 18 again!

Gary B, 04/22/2010
PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

When I traded in my Mercedes CLS500 to buy a GTI many of my friends and family thought I was having a midlife crisis. Buying practical cars has never been my habit as a life-long car guy. While the CLS is a great car, it didn't make me smile. It impressed other people more than me. I feel like a kid again just waiting to run to the store so I can drive it again! I am amazed at how much torque it always has on tap and the handling is confident and fun without being overly harsh. I was also impressed with the level of available equipment. Being able to get xenons, leather, nav, satellite radio, a great 300 watt stereo & more makes me still feel like I'm driving a luxury car.

2nd GTI

FamilyMan, 09/25/2010
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The best balance of reasonable cost, good mileage, space, looks and fun. The GTI can fit my family of 4 comfortably, gets excellent gas mileage, and is a blast to drive. My kids had originally wanted the 4- door, but ended up voting for the 2-door for the sportier looks (my choice too.) We are able to fit my daughter's standing bass by folding down half of the back seat, and still get three of us in the car. Fit and finish are outstanding, much improved over my previous '95 GTI. 6-speed is precise and easy to shift; driving position is ideal - lots of adjustment options. 25 mpg in spirited city driving; also, the suspension is still comfortable with large, Midwest potholes, rough roads

Love my car

dasboo, 05/12/2012
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car new in April of 2010, and currently have 36,500+ miles on it. One thing I love about this car is how practical it is. I can put the seats down and put my two black labs in the back. Yesterday I used it to transport shrubs for a landscape project. It is a blast to drive- I will take handling and driver feedback any day over power, and this car handles like a dream. A friend of mine has a 2008 STi, and while very fast and powerful, I do not find it rewarding and enjoyable to drive. The GTI is an all around incredible car- practical, fun to drive, and a joy to live with day to day. Also, MPG's are great. Currently have 420 miles on this tank.

Major Improvement From MK IV

Jorge F., 12/20/2009
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

When I saw the new 2010 GTI online, I fell in love. For the first time, the outside of the GTI is as beautiful as the interior and driving experience. I traded in my 2005 GTI and was amazed at the changes. The manual transmission is smoother, the car feels "tighter," and the electronic upgrades like the I-pod charger and touch-screen radio blew me away. I also can feel the extra 20 HP on this model, and the acceleration and pull is as fun as ever.

Look elsewhere

Patrick, 01/08/2016
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A sporty hatchback that gets 35mpg! What's not to love? In theory this car is fantastic and I've heard nothing but good things before buying. That VW reliability issue was always in the back of my head but never stopped me from buying. I bought it used for $17,500 in December of 2014 with 24,000miles. The first month was by far the best (Honeymoon phase) and even though Boston had record breaking snow i never had a problem even with all season tires. Soon, after 1500 miles the water pump went (under warranty) and I was stranded an hour away from home late at night. With all the potholes here in Boston I blew out three tires and dented a wheel in the course of three months. As a result of poor road conditions,my front suspension took a beating,ball joints and sway bar end links had to be replaced. Then in October with about 43000miles two coil packs blew and have since continued to randomly go. VW techs have said nothing is wrong with my car. Then in December of 2015 a fuse melted and severely damaged my fuse box (wish the car would have burnt to the ground) Now that it's been just over a year, my water pump went out again, 47,000miles (no longer under warranty). Unfortunately I'll have to shoot myself in the foot, take the loss of a few thousand and buy another car. Maybe a Subaru WRX/STI or more likely the new Ford Focus RS. Between the uncomfortable front seats, poor pedal feel and all of the reliability issues the GTI is not worth the hassle, at least not here in Boston.

2 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars
4.75 out of 5 stars

the hot hatch lives again

volsfan0911, 11/11/2009
PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Had for 1 week now. Although VW has a bad rap for reliability, so far, so good. Build quality is outstanding both inside and out. 2.0L turbo 4 banger is a beautiful motor - torque band starts right off idle practically and pulls cleanly to 6K. Shifter, clutch, steering, seats, real handbrake (a lever, not a stupid foot pedal) - all the drivers controls are excellent. No torque steer, XDS genuinely helpful. Not as fast as a MS3 but much more composed and refined. My only car and is a GREAT commuter IMHO. Reasonable mileage, comfy enough for road trips yet an absolute blast to hit backroads on. Feels much quicker than the numbers suggest. And it's FAST - 100 mph comes up quickly!

What a Hottie!

jlGolden, 11/26/2009
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

After one test drive, I was won over by the mechanical refinement and supple, elegant interior. It makes competitors (I will not name names here) feel like cheap, crude toys. The GTI offers a satisfying balance of zip & zoom, price, comfort, and luxury.

Major upgrade from MK5

Eddie, 11/23/2009
PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Let me start by saying that I was a previous 2006 MK5 GTI owner who felt that it was time to get into a new one. My MK5 was surprisingly reliable to the 50k miles that I traded it in at. No major mechanical issues at all. So I felt confident in purchasing a 2010 MK6 GTI. This car is fantastic all around. My previous GTI was pretty basic (manual tranny, cloth interior, etc..), so this time around I opted for the awesome DSG tranny and the "autobahn package" which added heated leather seats, awesome 18" wheels, and a superb 300w dynaudio stereo system w/ iPod interface. These options jacked the price to 30k, but it is well worth it IMO. This VW is hands down a better car than the Audi A3.

Amazing Car for the Money

national2010, 12/12/2009
PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my 07 TSX for the 2010 GTI and have loved every minute with my new car. The styling is improved, the interior is beautiful, the car is quick and responsive. I have not had the car for long and this is my first GTI so I can't really comment on reliability, but it is so fun to drive. I was shopping between the GTI, a genesis coupe (3.8L), and a Mazada speed 3. The GTI was hands down the best overall car, especially for the price. The audio upgrade and the HID lights are a must. If you are in the market for this style of car, it is at least worth a test drive.

What a Blast!

Don, 12/03/2009
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

VW has hit this one out of the park! Great looks inside and out in typical efficient German style. No wannabe racer boy look to the GTI although the 18" Detroit alloy wheels do scream "look at me". The six speed manual transmission is crisp and responsive. Handling is first-rate as well.

5 out of 5 stars

Sporty, Classy, Fun, Value!

jlgolden, 12/09/2009
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

In 17 days of ownership, I have put 1300 miles on my new GTI. The powertrain zip, chassis composure, and evidence of excellent engineering are a true pleasure. The fine auditory and tactile sensations serve to complete the package. Excellent visibility, great seats, well-crafted interior, superb ergonomics, and it's priced right. This car gets attention, especially from those who "get it". It's like a bargain-priced BMW or Audi all the way. People will not likely cross-shop a GTI against a brutish and bold (but lovely!)Camaro. Totally different animals. And I "get it".

3.75 out of 5 stars

lemon of the bunch

brp, 01/05/2010
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my gti because i thought it would be a great and reliable car but it turned out I was wrong on a few things.The problems started when i was going around a turn doing speed limit and it all of a sudden felt like i had a flat tire and started slowing down then was fine a few seconds later, this was taken to the dealer and they could not find a problem so i picked it up and this problems occurs on a daily basis but they say they cannot find anything, it sometimes will not let me press on brakes, maybe xds overreacting?it can be scary when brakes wont work and I have to downshift to slow down, it has been in twice for this along with once for a leaky sunroof and radio turns itself down

4.63 out of 5 stars

Price to Value off the charts

Jason, 02/19/2010
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased the 2010 GTI after selling an Audi 2.7T that was fun to drive but a financial nightmare to repair. I've got 1200 miles on my base level GTI, and have got to say that it's the best vehicle I've owned. The base package includes everything but premium wheels, nav/stereo and sunroof and I must say that for 23k its a steal. The car handles incredibly, cruises well on the freeway (29-32 mpg at 75 mph) and is nice a beauty to look at. Only flaw is that the touchscreen menu for the stereo is hard to navigate through (to switch cds or ipod tracks) while driving.

Fantasic! Improved in every area

Marcus McReynolds, 11/05/2009
PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

After having a 2006 GTI for a while and decide to move to the newer model. It is a great improvement, not one particular area just tiny improvements in every part of the vehicle. And it is a very good looking vehicle!

2.75 out of 5 stars

Underpowered, Unreliable and Overpriced

SEBASTIAN, 08/03/2010
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

When I purchased my GTI, I thought it was the best looking hatch inside and out! The fact that it was rated as Motor Trend Car of the Year was an added bonus. After almost a year driving the GTI, I got rid of it in a heartbeat. I've been to the dealer three times for a failing oxygen sensor and two more times for burnt out light bulbs. To top things off, I found out that the GTI is nowhere close to being a performance car. 0- 60 in 6.8 sec COME ON! WHAT A DOG OF A CAR. The fact that it cost almost 30k is even worse. When I actually read the Motor Trend article comparing the GTI to the MS3, WRX, and Rallyart, I found out that the GTI falls behind all three cars in almost every category!

APR Stage II GTI Makes all the differenc

wydopn, 03/15/2010
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have always been an Honda person. This is my first VW - and I loved it from first drive. The feel is very different from the SI and Speed3s that I've owned. I just had the car flashed with APR's stage II and this car is now unreal! I'm getting 26MPG around town and over 30 on the freeway plus I can blow past most muscle cars as long as I get a rolling start (otherwise I can't stay connected due to excessive torque).

The Ultimate Hot Hatch

Tony, 11/24/2009
PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car really has it all. Pick up (0-60 6 secs), amenities (touch screen radio is top shelf), practicality (hatchback & four doors), handling (XDS), and looks/style. And all this for an excellent price (between $25K- $28K, depending on your options). I really dig the new styling (front and rear are big improvements over the bulbous MkV). I still love the plaid seats and the red stitching gives the interior a very upscale feel. I love the bluetooth (very clear) and the iPod integration is near perfect. There have been a lot of reviews wanting more hp, but with this amount of pick up and midrange torque, I wouldn't care if it had 150, 200 or 250 hp...as long as it drives like this!!

4.38 out of 5 stars

Back to Driving Fun

jgs5607, 12/16/2009
PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my car for 3 weeks now and am very happy with it. I did not opt for the DSG (as nice as it is); to me the manual is more involving and fun to drive. The interior is outstanding in quality and overall layout; better than any previous car I have had. I have been breaking it in gently and my average mileage on 2 tanks has been 28 MPG (70% Hwy, 30% City) so if gas goes nuts again, and I drive sanely, it will not hurt too much at the pump. I expect when I put my foot in the turbo hard, that it will drop to low 20's, which is as good as my old car. Handling is great and the car is a blast to drive. Highly recommended. This is my first VW product by the way.

1st GTI___I'm SOLD

Atlanta Nerd, 12/14/2009
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Bought on Halloween. Surprisingly fun to drive. Corners VERY well, great acceleration, drives great and TURNS HEADS. A few minor dislikes. Bluetooth has NO functionality at all. You can answer call, that's it. Have to physically touch phone to make a call (not a huge deal). Has no internal hatch release (other than emergency release in back near hatch door.) 2 Dr is very difficult to get to rear seat despite fancy new way to move front seat forward. No way to view a to-date cumulative MPG consumption as it resets itself when you turn the car off. Love the turn signals on the inside of the mirrors as well as out.

Best Gti Ever

jdscha, 12/22/2009
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had this car for a few weeks. I have put 500 miles on it so far. I have been looking for any type of manufacturing defects but have not found one yet.

Improving on the best.

dsgfan, 12/31/2009
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Coming from the owner of a MkV GTI, this car has improved in almost every aspect. Ride feels better and handling much improved. The biggest improvement was in the interior. The 2010 model comes with one unmatched by anything this side of 30k. Far better than that of the Mazdaspeed3 or Civic Si, not in the same league as the WRX and American hot hatches.

1st time vw owner

red devil vw, 12/29/2009
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I admit i didn't know much about the GTI,after one test drive i was very impressed.The car gets respect in the road compare to the other compact cars. I really don't have much to tell since the others reviews hit it on the nose. All i know i feel invincible in the road and the respect of other vehicle.

Perfection

ted, 01/04/2010
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Superb car - great price for the total package - mine is a metallic black 4- door, DSG, roof, interlagos cloth, bluetooth. Drove it and bought it! The Mark V was an excellent car, but VW have really done the impossible and made this Mark VI a fantastic car. Performance is excellent, strong acceleration, with superior handling and chassis feedback. So far, mpg is 25 and I am sure this will improve. Interior is wonderfully crafted with impressive fit and finish and high quality materials - gives the feel of a much more expensive car. Overall, a superb package that will make you smile everytime you drive it! Some cars like the Mazda 3 Speed and WRX are quicker, but none offer the sophistication!

Smoothes out the curves

rjb, 01/05/2010
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Fully loaded - leather/ sunroof, auto/manual, bi-xenon, dynaudio, nav, 18" Detroit wheels (rough riding on all but smooth roads). Sport seats narrow, unless you're very thin. I've only had the car a week, so I can't say anything about reliability - fingers crossed. Dealer had to figure out how to take off the rear seat headrests for a much more unimpeded view - a little complicated. (Believe it or not, I traded in an '09 Acura TL w/tech. Lovely luxury but too big for me, and I wanted a more fun experience.) GTI's a blast, especially in the curves. It delivers the fun! Big smile. Worth the TL trade. Fairly well appointed interior, considering not a luxury car - looks very good.

You won't regret it...

GTIShawn, 01/14/2010
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

If you are in the market for a fun to drive, practical vehicle that is built well and even has a distinct air of luxury about it, this is the perfect car. The DSG is not the silver bullet it is sometimes made out to be, but it is quite excellent. Having a transmission that performs at the level this performs at is certainly rare for a car in this price range. I expected it to be fun, and fast, and well made, but I did not expect it to ride as smoothly and confidently as it does. This is a car that comes as close to doing it all as you can find at this price point.

Excellent Vehicle

Pat O, 02/03/2010
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Car is sporty and fun to drive. Size is small, but built well and is exceedingly sturdy. Interior and exterior are both sleek and well designed.

Fun to Drive, and Great Daily Driver

MAW, 02/08/2010
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Probably not a traditional GTI buyer as I am in my fifties and am accustomed to driving Acura's and Infiniti's. But was really looking for a vehicle this time around that is a blast to drive, while at the same time civilized enough to provide comfort for long trips. The GTI fits the bill precisely. The car never fails to put a smile on my face and it is a hoot to downshift and throw the vehicle into a tight curve. Then hit the gas and rip out of the curve. That just never gets old! With that said, the car has a very comfortable ride and does not wear you out on a long trip. Very pleased with this vehicle.

Great Car with one question

Kev, 02/13/2010
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I just bought this car today 2/12/10. I LOVE the styling of the car and the way it drives. It's the 4 door, DSG fully loaded. My question is this, as I was driving home after leaving the dealership, the little "engine" light came on. The car seems to run fine but that light won't turn off. Is it possible the dealer filled it up with regular instead of premium that caused this to happen? I hope so..I hate to be without the car for days while they fix it.

experience talks, opinions walk

charles lamb, 03/06/2010
PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

There is no substitution for self experience, after I bought this car and starts driving it I can say is like a pocket rocket but with lexus manners and race track handling, the inside make you feel like you do not want to get out of the car, in conclusion civic si and mazda s3 have no business with the 2010 gti and at least I owned a 2006 si before this gti so I know what I am talking about. I am using the gti to commute to my job 132 miles 3 times a week.

Holy AWESOME!!!

Ryan, 03/03/2010
PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I've had my GTI for two weeks now, and I love it! Consumer Reports top 10!! Stepping up from a Prius, the GTI's performance, speed and handling are amazing. I'm a 34 year old executive, people tease me that the car is too young for me, and I love that people make fun of my plaid seats! DSG, moonroof and nav are all great. Base radio is weak, ipod integration seems a bit buggy. I wish I had gotten the Dynaudio and xenons.

4.88 out of 5 stars

A great car just keeps getting better

Lt. Frank Drebin, 03/15/2010
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

First of all, carbon slate is the new color for this model and I highly recommend. The driving experience is great, in drive the car gets excellent mpg and in sport mode the car is a true sports car from the rigid suspension, 200bhp turbo engine is unleashed and distinct metallic German exhaust note that is a refreshing change from exhausts on Asian cars. With proper throttle management turbo lag becomes undetectable. The exterior of the car has been made more muscular with aggressive headlights, dual exhausts, tail light design borrowed from the tourag and red accents in the grill and calipers. Interior wise its refined due to a lot of parts from the Audi A4

4.88 out of 5 stars

Its a great car for a great price.

gtiGuy, 03/14/2010
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I love this car. VW wants drivers, they're not joking, its definitely fun to drive, but its also nice to just ride in. Quiet, responsive, practical, there is little wrong with this car. I find myself gunning it out of corners almost non-stop, the engine note is addictive, the acceleration is smooth and predictable, handling is precise and well-mannered. A tad too well mannered actually, and there is a smidge of torque steer under heavy acceleration, but its to be expected with a FWD vehicle. My one problem, potholes, if you hit a pothole in this thing it sounds like the axle broke off, my old Mazda rolled through potholes, I dodge them in the GTI.

4.88 out of 5 stars

One week in GTI and all is well!

krisko, 03/22/2010
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my 2002 M3 when it hit 100K miles as I new maintenance would start to get expensive. I have NO regrets 'downgrading' to the GTI. I gave up a good bit of power but the GTI is more nimble and fun to drive. The interior features are perfect to me, elegant and highly functional without tech gizmos that are usually not worth the time it takes to learn about them. We love the cloth interlagos (plaid) seats, funky and very comfortable. The exterior styling is a big upgrade from the 2009 model. The car looks more conservative than last year's car, while looking more muscular. And the car is a bit lighter which is always welcomed. This car is a great bargain!

4.88 out of 5 stars

If you drive you will buy it

stluis51, 03/18/2010
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my Candy White GTI now for 2 weeks. I'm very happy with the purchase. Researched for 6 months and cross shopped civic si, speed3, wrx and after all was said and driven the gti won by far. This car is sporty, quiet, super fun, and spacious. The comfort while driving is almost luxury car like but still very capable. Fuel economy is also very good for a car this fun. Nice shifter. Only option worth getting are the xenons and rubber mats. The rest is overpriced and you really dont need it. Also a consumer reports top pick, automobile mag car of the year. Be sure to haggle got my for $22000 with xenons and free mats also got the 1.9% financing which is awesome. No buyers remorse at all.

GTI rocks !!!

Mario, 03/21/2010
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

If you're looking for pocket rocket, fun, and fuel efficient vehicle look no further. Great quality in and out, could easily get away with an Audi badge. Great powerplant and car manners of a sports car. It simply puts a smile on my face whenever I'm behind the wheel!

This GTI rocks

HPinRI, 03/29/2010
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned 2 GTI's, a Mark I and a Mark II, then went to BMW's until I got sick of the maintenance expense and bought a very reliable (and boring) Camry Hybrid. When I saw the new Mark VI, it just spoke to me. I was slightly anxious about quality after a bad experience with my wife's Touareg and her Jetta before that. But, Consumer Reports had good things to say, and Automobile magazine, and every other publication I read. I'm happy to report that build quality is amazing - this car feels like a Mercedes... it's solid, fit and finish is exceptional, and it's quiet as a church. The power out of this 4 cylinder is amazing. The interior quality is very high. And it's a blast to drive.

2010 - GTI

gerard bu, 04/05/2010
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased the GTI as a commuter car. Own a 911, lx 470 and a bmw 330i convertible.looking for something fun while economical and well built. My car has a DSG which I am impressed with the quickness of its shift. When you down shift the engine revs up a bit. If you use the down shifting to reduce speed on steep down hills you need to account those few seconds of speeding up before it starts to slow down. On making aggressive turns feels a bit nose heavy and u need to down shift if you want to punch it out of the turn, else there is a bit of delay. Handling is fun not as neutral as the bmw 330i get 25/32 mpg. finish and comfort is above my exp. The room inside is also above my exp

4.88 out of 5 stars

You won't regret your purchase

eapj, 04/15/2010
PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car! Not the fastest hot hatch but definitely the most livable. Not as boy racer as the Focus SVT I once had but with 4 doors and better manners, this one will be a keeper. I was waiting for a 4 door GTI but didn't like the looks of the last model; this one looks and drives like a much more expensive car. I have owned a number of VWs and haven't had any quality or reliability problems so I expect the same with the GTI. Friends are amazed that this car cost what it did and a few have remarked that it just looks fun

51050