Used 2008 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Reviews

Used GTI for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...14

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Great Compact Sports Car

Steve, 08/01/2008
2dr Hatchback w/Prod. End 05/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my very first "new" car and it's a long time waiting. I wanted a small sports car; either the Mini Cooper or the GTI fit my style. I ended up picking the GTI because I felt the flood of Minis out there on the street would dilute my enthusiasm for my car. I am extremely happy with my purchase an happy I chose this over the Cooper.

Are you kidding me?????

Dave, 11/19/2008
2dr Hatchback w/Prod. End 05/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was hesitant to buy a GTI due to "claims" of reliability issues. I took a chance and I cannot tell you how happy I am. This little rocket is amazing. Performance is top notch, fuel economy is great (26 MPG during 50/50 commute) interior quality is top notch (drive it at night) and it handles like a go- kart. For 22K with 0% for 60 months I walked away feeling like a king. There are little options to be had on this car, and it will not disappoint. Go with the basic package and keep the cost down. And yes, believe the hype on the DSG. It is ridiculously responsive. No car with this much torque and off the line acceleration should be this economical. The enthusiasts affordable dream!

Performance without pretension

JTi, 02/24/2008
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have owned and driven a lot of different cars over the past 27 years, from true two-seater sports cars to sport/lux sedans. So take that into account when I say that this car is flat out a blast to drive! I live in an area where everyone has (or wants) a BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc., and being one to never be comfortable following the crowd, I took the advice of Car and Driver and Edmunds and gave the GTI a spin. Great little car inside and out. I opted to bloat the price by loading it up with everything but nav, but it was well worth it. More sophisticated drive than the the MazdaSpeed3 with comparable performance and better looks (IMO).

Not Bad, Not Bad at All

Katsai, 09/18/2007
2dr Hatchback w/Prod. End 05/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car drives and performs well; the fuel economy is good and getting better. I previously owned a Nissan 350Z with a manual transmission and it was an outstanding performer. The GTI's performance is not as sharp and it does not have quite as much power as the Z, but is a better daily driver especially in the heavy traffic that I must deal with on a daily basis. The GTI is a very comfortable car, fun to drive, has plenty of power with very little turbo lag, exceptional build quality and easily accommodates my 6'1 250 pound frame. The 2 door has surprising room in the back for passengers, the stereo is surprisingly good, and I don’t miss my Z.

3.75 out of 5 stars

Psycho bunny

vadersv8, 04/27/2011
2dr Hatchback w/Prod. End 05/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Very fun car to drive, handles almost like a BMW until you realize you only have 200 ponies under the bonnet! Favorits: handeling, seat bolstering, practicality, gas mileage, moonroof, ninja star like factory 18' wheels. Dislikes: Lousy mechatronic issue, stereo is a big joke, low horse power, leather seats aren't plush, light electronic issues such as signal lights. Ugly black back bumper!!!

12345...14