Used 2008 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

Used Corolla for Sale
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons
4.25 out of 5 stars

I have no reason to complain

mopart600, 07/08/2013
S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 08 in November of 2007 brand new. Since then I have put 215000 miles on it. I have had it serviced at the dealership and kept up with all of the prescribed maintenance. Other than brakes, which are obviously a system designed to wear out, I have only had to replace one wheel bearing at 190000 miles. Other than that its just gas and oil. This car has been fantastic to me and since it is still in such good shape I'm going to drive it until the wheels fall of...which may be a while at this rate.

4 out of 5 stars

The best economical option out there

rsucre, 01/27/2015
CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My first car was a 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6 3.5L automatic. After driving it I fell in love with the Toyota brand. However, as a college student, owning a Camry got very expensive in regards to gasoline and maintenance. Therefore I decided to go with a more economic option and trade-in for a 2008 Corolla CE. I felt like it was the best decision possible. I needed a car that was both reliable and efficient with fuel, and the Corolla exceeds both of these requirements.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Perfect commuter car

lonniegray, 01/10/2013
S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is an economy car, a little higher priced for that purpose but you get what you pay for. What I was willing to pay for was dependability, good gas mileage and easy to drive. What I got was exactly that. I bought this car new in 2008 and have driven it 120,000 miles and it has NEVER been in the shop except for oil changes, new brake pads and tires. It has been very dependable and worth every dollar I paid for it. It isnt a sexy car, or the best handling or very powerful but it does get around 33 miles per gallon, nice trunk space and decent interior space for its size. Overall, this car is perfect for what it is intended to be, highly recommend it to anyone.

3.75 out of 5 stars

You don't buy this car for fun/looks...

patsrule5412, 12/19/2009
S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for about 2 years now, and overall I think Toyota makes decent cars, but this car is kind of overhyped a bit. It gets great gas mileage and I love it for that, but the seating position is a bit awkward (you get used to it) and it feels like an economy car, nothing more. The looks...well, calling this car even remotely "sporty" does not work. The ride on the highway isn't too bad, but to me it's a little too loud, at least louder than I expected, and I can feel some vibration which can get on your nerves. Overall it's a decent car, and I don't mean to sound so negative about its looks, but hey, you buy it for reliability and mileage, I'm just not flat on the floor impressed.

5 out of 5 stars

My first Toyota

A West, 08/28/2015
S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After being in a wreck with my truck I decided to buy an car for fuel mileage. I looked at several vehicles before settling on the Corolla. Here are the reasons i choose it. First off I bought the Corolla S because of the factory body styling and you can not see the exhaust. Second the reviews on this site gave me a good feeling about the reliability of the vehicle. Third the safety of the vehicle, My wife tends to drive it every now and then with our daughter. The Toyota Corolla was the right choice. I have had it for 2 years now without a single issue. I would buy another one tomorrow if needed.

3 out of 5 stars
4.38 out of 5 stars

2008 Corolla S

rjvatlanta, 04/14/2012
S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 75,000 miles and now own it 15 months and 20,000 miles later. Other than changing the oil and brakes & rotors, I have had no mechanical issues. Bought it as a reliable commuter car and it is living up to the assignment.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Great Commuting Car

Cat22, 10/14/2008
CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first Toyota I have ever owned and I am very satisfied with the Corolla. I commute 110 miles each day (mostly highways) and I have gotten as high as 41 mpg. My average mileage ranges between 37 to 39 mpg. Who needs an expensive hybrid with this kind of mileage. The engine is willing and fairly quick from a stop light. The five speed is fun and the ratios are well spaced. The a/c works great and there is plenty or room for passengers and parcels. Although the handling is not quite as sporty as my old Mazda Protege, it is a much quieter and smoother ride. Overall, very impressed with the Corolla. Is it perfect, no. Is it a great commuter, yes-especially at the pumps.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Great car!

Christine, 08/09/2009
LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My last 9 cars have all been $35+ luxury cars. When my last 2002 Odyssey bit the dust (after 220,000 miles) I decided to buy a car that would pay for itself because of improved gas mileage. After test driving a Civic, I realized I needed something with more interior space and focused on the Corolla instead. I found a great deal on a used 2009 LE, and have enjoyed it ever since. Very spacious inside (important, as I am tall as are my 4 sons) and great gas mileage. I do consistently about 38 miles per gallon on average and as such the car pays for itself (compared to my Honda). I only wish there was a remote trunk release and a horn beep when you remote lock the doors. Overall, rate it A+.

2.75 out of 5 stars

ABS ISSUE

tenabell, 05/23/2013
S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 corolla's ABS have now caused me to be in 2 wrecks..they lock up completely and my car just slides.If the roads even a little wet its worse..I was told most likely a faulty sensor?? Anyone else with ABS issues?

5 out of 5 stars

Corolla is great

Johnnster, 07/12/2008
LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

MPG! MPG! MPG! I am commuting 65 miles one way and need my Corolla to rescue me. I have check MPG yesterday and it was 41.6 MPG (gas tank was less than half full), average driving speed was 65-70 MPH and A/C was on most of the time (speed 1 since it was not very hot). The motor is very quiet and road noise level is very low for a car of this size. This car has exceeded all my expectations!

12345...10