Used 2007 Suzuki Reno Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Reno for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Extremely Well Thought Out

Charley Reno, 03/08/2007
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Suzuki Reno is a superb value. Up and coming Suzuki delivers with just the right formula. It has unique and attractive styling, in and out. It also has lots of standard features, pretty darn good stereo CD with four 2-way speakers and four 1" tweeters (all 8 are door-mounted). I like its smooth acceleration and seamless shifting. It has nice 15" tires with full wheel covers. I also like the 8-way driver seat plus 3-position lumbar support. It's no hot rod, but for less than $14,000 there's a DOHC 2.0 liter 4-cylinder GM-designed engine that is more than adequate (made in Australia). Obviously, the gas mileage will not be 33/38 like the tin cans out there get, but 22/30 ain't bad. Plus, you're getting a lot more car for almost the same price. Definitely check this one out.

manual transmission

Ellen, 09/10/2009
4dr Hatchback w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am not happy at all with the transmission in this car. I am already repairing the clutch. the transmission has too much play and is very finicky with RPM to get a shift at the right time for "economy" I have always driven stick shifts. I have 48,000 on the car right now, as I commute a good distance to work. Would not be my choice again. I miss my KIA !!!!

Same Problems As the '06

Cris, 10/13/2006
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was put into a '07 Suzuki Reno after I had “hard start” issues with the 2006 model after having the car for just five days. The ’07 model developed hard start issues, again after just five days. The dealer put me back in the ’06, which he claims is fixed. This issue first became apparent in the ‘06 last Spring, although the company has yet to develop a permanent fix. Suzuki claims (through the dealer) that the hard start problem is limited to the ’06 and the ’07 I got was a fluke. If I could get Suzuki to void my contract, I would and I would never again buy a Suzuki or recommend one to anyone, even my worst enemy. Don’t even consider this car!

A Good buy Even Better

SportDog, 01/19/2007
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Reno has a lot more get up an go than I had expected. On my trip home from the dealer I had stopped for a traffic signal and pulled out when the light changed and was up to 35 mph when I realized I was still in 5th gear. I got 29 mpg on the trip home from the dealer. I decided to drive from home to the top of Whitetop mountain (1,600 ft to 3,100 ft altitude). It went up the mountain at 40 mph in 5th gear with no feeling of strain or handling problems on the 25 mph curves. When the pavement gave way to gravel and 4 inches of snow I down shifted to 4th gear and slowed down to 35 mpg and zipped past several 4 wheel drive vehicles sitting in the ditches. Mu 49 mpg on the trip was excellent.

My Reno

Dewalt, 09/23/2007
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

First off, let me tell you that I am one of those guys that races every car I buy. I am a mechanic as well so I do all my own engine work. I have modified my Reno with minor modifications and I do pretty well at the track with it. Because of the type of car that it is no one ever sees it coming and they underestimate it. It does great on a drag strip but the handling leaves a lot to be desired. I bought the car for a work vehicle initially but then my curiosity got the better of me and now that I have raced it I am thoroughly impressed with it.