Used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used B9 Tribeca for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Timing Chains break - No support from Subaru

ob108, 06/20/2013

This comment is dated, but I was looking for a recall notice. While your story is not a good one, here is one better. Less than 84000 miles on it when the timing chain fails. That cause the cam gear to fail and the dealer says they don't replace timing chains they replace motrs if they fail Scary I thought. I fix it and $2400 lighter it was running again only to find out that the main bearing was damaged and cannot be fixed. That's why the replace motors. You would think that Subaru would stand behind one of their most expensive models. Nope I am on my own. To them I thank them for eduacating me that I will never trust them again.

Our Experience After 6 Years & 70k Miles

pbfoot, 04/28/2015
Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

True and unbiased. Picked up our B9 Tribeca in 2009 with 30k miles as a family car for a young, active family. Drawn in by its AWD, NAV, DVD and 7-Passenger seating. Drove until 2015 with 100k miles. Car was mostly reliable until recently when the problems forced us to unload. It originally felt solid, well built, safe, with a quiet interior. Over time, its weaknesses became apparent, and shakes and rattles piled up. I agree with others' headlight complaint. So poor it was dangerous to drive at night. Service is expensive. The car is so rare that dealer service and oil changes are a must. Suspension and drivetrain components started needing replacement by 100k. 100% would not buy again.

Great...for a while.

Bianca, 02/27/2018
Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car used in 2013 with about 78k. This was the first car I bought on my own! Previously had a 1998 Chevy cavalier (my first car I got in high school)! The subaru was a 7 passenger, limited, grey interior, with navigation. I LOVED this car when I first bought it. It was comfy, roomy, and had everything I needed and more! In 2015 my check engine light came on, the car would shake horribly, and completely struggled to accelerate...uh oh! But, problems are to be expected in a 9 year old car! Took it to a local shop to see what the problem was. Store owner claimed to love this vehicle and knows all about them...yeah...! Told me it was the battery connection and changed the battery for me. Great! Check engine light turned off, shaking stopped, accelerating went back to normal. I’m good to go, or so I thought. Nope! I live in Nebraska and the weather can change at the drop of a hat. Began raining one day, about two weeks later, and all the problems came back. Took it back to the shop twice before they decided to shut down their store without notice and without actually fixing the problem. Cool, what a waste of $500. Whatever, problem came and went as the weather changed for over a year. Weird, but apparently this vehicle is notorious for that, according to other reviews and subaru forums. Fast forward to 2017. The problem continued to come and go, but now the car was over heating and air conditioning wasn’t working (in the awesome heat of the summer - had upper 90’s this summer). Yay! Took it to multiple Subaru mechanics and NO ONE I mean NO ONE could figure out the problems. Kept driving, probably dumb, but oh well. Finally the power steering went out...while I was getting onto the highway. Let it sit for two weeks or more while I looked at buying a car. Well, as I was taking it in to be traded in it literally shut off, like the entire thing. Wouldn’t drive, lights turned off, compass on rear view mirror had all the lines flashing with it making no actual letter, wouldn’t accelerate, and lord knows what else was happening (I was in panic mode because I was on a main road). Finally had it towed to a local Subaru specialty shop and a NON-Subaru mechanic figured it out! Turns out the previous shaking was caused by a bad spark plug, like the wiring inside. The rest of the problems were caused by the serpentine belt going out (just under $300 for parts and labor). Car was back up and running, until about a month later when the check engine light came on again. Took it to autozone to check the code...it was the 3rd spark plug again which was causing me to drive on five cylinders instead of six. Light never turned off (since about November 2017), then started over heating again and the inside of the car was not warming up...aka, my windows wouldn’t defrost...in the middle of winter, cool, literally! Anyways, decided to go with a Honda CR-V this time around due to the massive headaches this thing was causing me. I turned in the keys with about 151k. Overall, it’s a good car, but left me with massive headaches when no one could figure out how to fix the problems. Last note, the car does not get 18/23 mpg. It’s more like 12/15. I was averaging 13 mpg since I drive highway (which bottlenecks during rush hour) and city. Will I buy a Subaru in the future, I don’t know. If I do, it’ll be a legacy or Forester or a more “popular” car because parts are VERY LIMITED in the States for this vehicle. Hope this was helpful for someone looking into this vehicle!

Huge Disappointment!

Unhappy, 04/29/2009

Boy, am I disappointed and angry. This B9 started breaking down at approximately 40,000 miles and has not run properly since, despite four trips to the dealership. I lost all compression and had to have 2 Valve intakes, 2 valve exchanges, 13 o rings, and several gaskets replaced. It took two breakdowns to get this fixed. Now, one cylinder is not functioning. The dealership is not wanting to admit that this is a lemon and replace it as they should. I have contacted the national Subaru corporation for all the good it will do me. Be careful if you buy this auto. You too could get stuck with a lemon.

Great...for a while.

Bianca, 02/27/2018
Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Best Car Ever!

Candy Larsen, 06/11/2019
Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2006 used from a dealer. I drive up to 800 miles a week. This SUV has NEVER had a single issue. With time, I have replaced the life gate support which I popped in myself and I do the wipers myself. Contrary to other comments regarding oil changes and service needed to be done at a dealer is bogus. I now have over 200K on this SUV and recently had my cats replaced and the bushings replaced, all at a cost of under $800. That is the most expensive repair to date and is to be expected with that much mileage. I will be buying another Subaru, but not for awhile. With regular maintenance and assurance from my mechanic, I know this SUV is good for another 200K. The acceleration and MPG is fantastic. Thanks Subaru!

Love it!

DaveD, 01/26/2006

We bought it to replace our Pontiac minivan. We we're looking for 4WD/AWD, 7 usable seats and better gas mileage than Sequoias and Tahoes. We were torn between the Tribeca and the Pathfinder. These were the only midsize SUVs in our opinion with usable 3rd row seats other than the Pilot. The Honda Pilot's interior seems too plain, like a work car. The Pathfinder drives like a truck. We bought the Tribeca and love it! We've already been on a 400 mile trip in the Tribeca and the kids had no problem in the 3rd row. Great car! Fun to drive and we have all the room we need. Decent gas mileage for a AWD SUV and it drives more like a car. We just wish it had automatic lights like GM cars.

Having Second Thoughts

parrotfinalia, 06/02/2009

Bought this to replace a Blazer with 112K. This has been in the shop more and for "unknown issues" than the Chevy ever was. Fell in love with the styling and the kick, but the electrical system is a joke. Mileage is better then the 99 Chevy and took a 3600 mile trip that was fun the entire way. This is my first Subaru but due to the "unidentifiable" mechanical issues, I doubt I will purchase Subaru again if the company does not stand behind their product. My love for the safety, quick response and original styling is being overshadowed by the maintenance issues that should not be happening in a car that is under the 50,000 mile warranty.

Becca is Best

Roger, 05/23/2016
5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

update: I still love my Tribeca B9. Still looks great, had the transmission flushed and shifting is fine once again. and Yes, I still get asked if it is new car - I think because people are not used to it and it is in great shape - green metallic with light tan leather interior. All of the safety warnings have been resolved in a positive way. old review: I love my Tribeca, one of the best designed SUV's. Subaru was not bright to dump the designer of this set of 2006 cars - Jaguar picked him up. Car is not a fast off of the line car, but it does well otherwise. I have about 112000 miles on her and bought Becca used from a dealer when she had just under 60000. It had factory tow set up and we tow small trailers and once in a while a boat. it does well with both. The trans has been doing some odd down shifting waiting a bit too long before the shift and then needing to shift down two gears rather than one. I am often asked if it is a brand new car - a lot to say for a car that is 10 years old. I just was given a recall for hood latch - they do not have the part but ask me to wait until they come in - just hope the hood does not blow off (ha ha I think) It had another recall for puddle lights that also took a long time to come in, I got a new loaner from the dealer and drove that one fro several months. Dealer has been great about service - always washing the car after and doing very small things for free (example a plastic clip fell off, they just replaced it, no charge. My grandson stuck a CD in and jammed the entire player so it will not work, the dealer took it out but could ot get the cd out - said a new one was going to be $1000 so we just do not use the CD. Overall, I love the car.

2006 tribecca

rich, 10/10/2015
Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

just found headlights online and replaced ....installation was a snap as subaru put an access panel under car to get to the 3 screws....drive axils are a pain though

Love the car, HATE the headlights!

Hope Stewart, 03/28/2009

This is a great car. Very comfortable, great ease in getting in and out of car. Smooth ride, fun to drive except at night. Low beam headlights are horrible, especially in rural Montana with not streetlights, just a lot of deer. Extremely dangerous! I have to drive with high beams to see, but this is not always possible with oncoming traffic and weather conditions. We have taken it to Subaru shop several times and another mechanic, and nothing can be done. If I had test driven this car at night, I wouldn't have bought it. The lights take away from all of the great things that I love about this car. I am afraid to drive it at in the dark, but I have to in the winter. Car is dangerous at night!

Boring

Mari, 03/06/2009

I enjoyed my SUV at first, but I've experienced numerous quirks the past year. My tire pressure light flashes off and on, regardless of the actual tire pressure. I've gotten to feel like every drive I make will end up with a flat tire, I'm getting paranoid. Even if the AC/Heat is off, I still feel air coming in from the outside. The radio volume goes up and down when it wants to. The seatbelt buzz is annoying, especially when I have to "buckle up" library books and the such.The door locks have been repaired and replaced 3 times. Any one else out there having these same problems or is it just my car???

Final pick

DLS, 05/21/2005

Sorry, will pick up Tribeca in 2 days. Just arrived on showroom floor today - but did take a 1 hour test drive. For 2 months have looked at Mercedes C & E, BMW 5, Audi A4&6, MDX, RX330, and Volvo XC70. MDX getting mixed reviews and low mileage for 45K. RX330 is plush with nice features but again 45K with Navigation. Mercedes, BMW and Audi getting mediocre marks from CR on reliability. FINALLY found a car with the right features and performance for the right price. This car is as quiet as the RX330. Zero road noise and a whisper of wind noise at 70 mph. Hwy MPG = mid-20's. Excellent radio, Nav, AWD, loaded with safety features and (hopefully) Subaru's good rep. Car is tight, responsive and solid.

Headlights are horrible

Janice, 07/22/2010

I am having a horrible time with headlights. Very little light and hard to see about 12 to 15 feet in front of car. Had headlights adjusted multiple times. So frustrating. Anyone have this problem?

Satisfied

OM, 04/16/2010

Bought this car in 2005. Handles the Michigan snow great. One of the best handling cars out there. The engine is a little weak for the size of the car and the gas mileage is poor for a 3.0 liter. Interior is nice and comfortable, and quality is good. If maintained properly the car will be in great mechanical condition.

best car i ever owened

jcp6, 03/05/2014

never had a issue with this vehicle. as long you keep up with regular oil changes etc... good family vehicle extra seats come in handy. handles really well especially in snow.

Door Locks

Door Locks, 04/07/2009

It's fun vehicle to drive, but I have door locks. First it was the driver side front door lock that is not working. After few months I found out now it's the front passenger side door lock is not working and recently I found that rear passenger side door lock is not working also. I tried dealership to repair it, but due to mileage on it I have to pay $350 for each lock. NO OTHER ISSUES. Does anyone has this problem? Can this be a defective locks from the manufacturer?

Wow...from Subaru?

FirstSubie, 05/31/2005

This vehicle is truly a refreshing drive considering all the other SUVs I have owned. I think the thing that will blow you away is the interior. The fit and finish and design is on par with our Teutonic friends from Germany. It almost has a "cockpit" like feel from a fighter jet and the electroluminescent gauges are awesome. Also, get the "puddle" lights. They really finish the vehicle off nicely! The Boxer motor is amazingly smooth as is the tranny. Shifts are seamless and road/wind noise is non-existent. The driving experience is very pleasing. The Boxer motor provides a low center of gravity so you have sharp/precise handling, not "tippy". Sports car handling with SUV clearance!

We like it a lot

drjochen, 10/12/2005

We have has the car for 2 months now and we like it a lot. It is very solid and doesn't drive as bad as your standard SUV/minivan. It drives more like a passenger car. It also roomy inside without having the monster size of some SUVs.

My 06 B9 Tribeca all wheel drive 7 passenger

The Davis', 02/23/2020
Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well my wife and I are extremely happy with our tribeca. It has 300k miles on it it still has massive power. Rides great .all wheel drive is a monster and come rain, snow, or mud. It doesn't matter. The subaru B9 tribeca is going places that other's won't. ....only thing we lost remote to DVD player and it is a little pricy. All N all we love it .we trust it's safety and durable.

Bushings replaced 2x

chris, 04/13/2010

Well we have 70,000 miles on our B9 Tribeca. We have had to replace the stabilizer bar bushings (under warranty) and today control bar bushings. We are not under warranty any more so it wasn't covered. The repair helped but there is still a knocking underneath where my feet are. Not as bad as it was thou. I like the car but these issues SOA should do a recall on them and the headlight issue. You can not see at night. Its like a shade is pulled over your headlights half way and the only way to see far is with them put on high beams. Its a comfortable car. Gas mileage could be better. This expensive of a car these issues should of been taken care of.

Disappointed in Subaru

marianne7214, 03/01/2012

I like my Tribeca overall, however, I am extremely disappointed to find out that I need new bushings (like many other owners with a low mileage car). This would appear to be something that should be recalled, however, SOA has yet to do so. Dealer cost to replace bushings is over $1000. I was also disappointed to find out how hard it is to get/install anything for the car (windshield wipers, replace light bulb). Windshield wipers aren't available at auto parts stores and light bulb took dealership mechanic over 30 mins to install.

So-So

E, 01/21/2010

We have owned this for a year now and I somewhat wish we had something else. We have two kids and were used to a 4Runner which has A LOT more room than the B9. Fuel economy is horrible, and it really only likes 89 or higher. The heated seats are nice as well as the DVD. The interior is also pretty cool, however, that is about it. We are running into some mechanical problems now. The engine is making some sort of loud rattle every time you throttle from a stop. All in all, just so-so.

Disappointed

MJ, 08/11/2010

Interior is so comfortable and it has all the bells and whistles. However, the performance is horrible. When attempting acceleration at any speed including highway entering the engine revs to almost 7000 rpm before it kicks in and sometimes I can have the pedal floored and it still doesn't accelerate. Like others mentioned there is a problem with the headlights and poor visibility. Also, blind spots are very dangerous, almost hit 2 cars. And tire pressure light has been an issue since day 1. Goes off for a day after filling tires and then starts flashing again. Had a 2005 Ford Escape with 170K miles, should have stuck with Ford.

Good vehicle but poor dealer service

sewel, 12/18/2010

My Tribeca has been a great car but factory dealer service was terrible- On my way home from their shop the dashboard lit up like a xmas tree- with only 40k miles it needed some regular service. They reported to me that the electic wire harness was faulty-critters had chewed it and it need to be replaced at more than $1000- was told it was a common occurance on Tribecas???? This one is parked inside athome so wtf- Since that visit the car has had many new problems my advise is to keep away from the Subaru dealer in Plano, TX when times are hard some people go beyond to create more business

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd.

Paul, 11/28/2008

Good ride, sturdy, comfortable (important for me as I drive 2 hours a day).

Perfect Vehicle

MeMe, 06/12/2009

This vehicle has met everyone of my needs and then some. I went from a Mountaineer which I liked for space but hated for gas. The Tribeca surprised me in how much room was in the back for loading and hauling. It is quiet (I drive interstate for work), smooth, and looks great. I have had minor wear and tear problems (what car doesn't) but everything has been covered by the warranty and been fixed immediately. I also get great gas mileage (have never seen it under 18 in town) and I am not overly-cautious or a slow driver! I plan on owning this car for many many years!!

Great car for the money

T Jenks, 09/27/2005

My other car is a newer Cadillac, and I have only driven it once since I got my Tribeca 8 weeks ago. If you don't want a speeding ticket, you need to use the cruise control. This is a very well engineered car, that you know as soon as you close the door and take it for a test drive. I was looking at the Outback just for winter driving and skiing. Test drove the Tribeca, and was sold immediately. Test drove the Murano, and RX330, and I believe the Tribeca has much more bang for the buck.

Great crossover

Luis, 07/25/2006

The lease of the Tribeca is one of the best secrets in the market. This vehicle gives you everything you want in a crossover. Great performance and handling, I would just make the engine a bit bigger than the 3.0, everything else is an absolute 10.

A great addition!

ROB, 06/20/2005

Let me begin by saying I finally found the sport version of mom's soccer van. From the moment you enter the the well thought out cabin and take a seat behind the whee, the ergonomically correct dashboard and steering wheel seem to wrap themselves around you but still let you know you are in control.

And I thought my Outback wagon was fun!

Adrian Rivera, 08/09/2005

This is a great car. I was initially put off by the price tag until we did our comparison research & test drives. All of the comparably equipped competitors came in over the price I ultimately negotiated my dealer. It handles great and has much more power than my 4 cylinder Outback wagon. It has an excellent turning radius and is very easy to park . My only complaint is the gas mileage but we expected this moving up to a 6 cylinder SUV. We love both the interior and exterior styling of the car. It is definitely a head turner and I, only having it for short time, have been asked about it numerous times.

I love it more every day!

Karen in AZ, 10/18/2005

This is a major upgrade from my previous vehicles ('05 Outback, '99 Forester, '92 Legacy). I looked at various other mid-sized SUVs, including the more expensive luxury makes, but this was an easy choice. The legroom, ride comfort, seat height, quietness, rear AC fan/vents, acceleration, and low entry/exit are the main reasons I bought this vehicle. After owning it for over 4 months, and 8400 miles, I can honestly say I love it! I have taken it on everything from extended interstate miles to various back roads and forest services roads, and it has performed beyond my expectations. If it proves as reliable as the other Subies I've owned, I'll be keeping this one for a very long time!

AWD nice - short on details

Dr. Dave, 08/25/2006

We had driven the Lexus RX 330 and Acura RXD and found both superior in ride and quality. However the price on those 2007 models was prohibitive, and Subaru was promoting a nice finance incentive for the 2006 B9s. I thought the B9 was overpriced at $37K, but at $30K with the navigation system, we thought it was fair. It's a beautiful body design and the power train is efficient. Those wide tires will grip anything, especially nice for the wife's winter Michigan drives. Driving it is noisy as it's not as baffled as our Lincoln LS sedan. The sound system sounds a little hollow too, but it is adequate. The ride was bumpy, and we now found out that all 4 tires are out of balance, needing 2 new.

A complete Ride?

dsmyers, 01/13/2007

This ride met all criteria when we purchased. At least we thought so. It was advertised and listed on the sticker to get 18 city 23 MPG highway. The highest we have seen is 16.9 MPG. Bums me out that I didn't verify this before we purchased. We have to set aside some extra $$ in budget for gas. Also, we can't be the only ones. There is something very different with the low beams. It displays a broken line in front of you. The Subaru factory said that's the way it is. Subaru dealer said we were not first the TB9 owners to make this claim. It is a flaw I tell you. Subaru (everyday is a winding road). A dark winding road can be dangerous one. During the day it is a very sturdy, safe ride.

hazardous headlights

aok, 03/13/2007

Nice look and ride in daylight. Very dangerous low beam headlights. We had it checked out and service said that's the normal operating characteristic. Can't see 10 feet in front going down a hill at night. Flawed design-needs safety recall. Another Tribeca owner said it's like a horizon line right across your vision. It's a notched line, pitch dark on top. Need to drive with high beams on-creates another safety issue for oncoming cars. Poor, hazardous headlight design. Service has heard it lots-why don't more bring it up?

Subaru Tribeca, great car, under-rated

Chris V, 07/05/2009

I love my B9 Tribeca, great SUV overall. The only problem it seems is the color of my SUV, I have the 2006 Gold, it's a light color gold, and it seems to have some kind of damage to the color, like it's lighter in some areas. I don't know what this is... BAD PAINT or SUN DAMAGE? Hmm. :/

Underwhelmed

A. Grupp, 05/15/2010

Overall, while I like the car and feel very safe driving it, I have been disappointed with a few issues. First, I agree with others citing the headlights as an issue. Not only is the low beam ineffectual, but I have had to replace the bulbs numerous times. Second, the heating has failed so I will need to spend $1K+ to fix it. And,now,the A/C is an issue. Third, there is a blind spot on the passenger side due to the small rear window. Fourth, the electrical system has been causing problems. I am sold on Subarus, just not on the Tribeca. I own a Forester and have owned the Outback. Love/loved both. Will revert to one of them moving forward.

Stylish 7-seater

zoomer, 09/07/2010

Purchased new in '05. Reliability has been good, none of the issues reported by others. Performance is fine for an SUV. Third row comes in handy now and then for our small children and others. Weren't many 7 seat options back then (not MDX, Highlander, etc.) and we didn't want the mega SUV or minivan. Overall, happy with the experience.

Tribeca is the best

Jackson W., 10/21/2005

Subaru is a very unusual brand for me but after taking the new Tribeca for 24 hours test drive I could not stop my self and bought one. Unbelievably stylish, great performance, nice features, great fuel economy. It is so luxurious, and comfortable. It changes the everything about the SUV we know.

Tribeca B9 is a winner!

Indiogoa, 07/30/2006

We checked out several SUVs in this size class before buying, including the Murano, Highlander, RX300 and Pilot. This SUV outclassed all of them for interior and exterior styling, performance and overall value. We are impressed with the handling and ride of the Tribeca; it is fun to drive and handles tight curves with little or no body lean. Our Tribeca gets about 22MPG highway with four passengers and camping gear, about 17.5MPG around city. It cruises well on the highway. The third row is cramped, fine for very small kids. But for our family of four, the third row serves as a cargo hold. The sound system and DVD are outstanding as our all the extras, heated seats etc. Overall, this is a great SUV.

It's ok---nothing fancy tho!

Marilyn H, 12/07/2006

The gas mileage is over-estimated, as is the quietness inside. I wonder because I see so few Tribecas around if I should have bought something more common.

Subaru 3.0 H6 engine.

Cracked Knuckles, 04/19/2019
Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A common problem of the 3.0 engine: Passenger side cylinder head cracks in the middle cylinder. (Try to find a used, right cylinder head anywhere in the country. Very hard to find. Left side heads are easy to find.) Watch, and clean your MAF often to avoid lean running, and elevated temps. High temps will crack your head!

awesome snow machine

Paul, 01/31/2016
Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like it. This is my first run with Subie. I am very nervous only because I've always drive VW or Audi. First day tire pressure light, and most there after. We baught an unlimited mileage warranty due to the fact that is is used. Washer reservoir froze. It doesnt shift worth a damn durring acceleration, but thats ok because i like the sport shifting anyway, not really an auto tranny fan. Gas mileage sucks, tank is tiny. No bluetooth, unless i want to pay someone to install aftermarket. But my kids love the room. I took my 6'4" neighbor for a ride in the back seat and he loved it. To be honest ive never been in a car where if the seat was all the way back i couldnt reach the pedals, pretty awesome if u ask me ive got really long legs short upper body. It is as solid in snow as any of my Audi's if not stronger. I think it actually handles better in snow than on dry ground. Had to do headlight about a week after i baught it. But i knew it was going when i baught it, and to be perfectly clear is easier to change Subie bulb than a chevy trailblazer's. I think that the so called handy men posting are not so handy. All in all it has kwerks. But it is used, thats why we got warranty. We baught it for upstate NY snow and it does its job... WELL! Now for the kicker. My wife went to pick up dinner. Was in the restaurant maybe 5 min. Came out car clicks but wont start. I went up to parts store grabbed a battery thinkin our winter has killed old one...... Still clicking. Never fear our warranty is here. But i am worried about this being a Subie thing. I wanted this to be my daughters first car. Hope i didnt make the wrong choice by switching for Wolfburg

Nice Family Vehicle

PEB, 07/04/2009

This s.u.v. is as close to my dream vehicle as I will get for a while. Beautifully designed in and out and comfortable. The only 2 things that is a very small minus is that the wipers have to be bought from Subaru unless you change the whole arm...can't fit flex or other types of wipers. Second, the power in the first generation tribeca, the B9, is a bit low for hwy passing, but still does the job. Overall...would recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a four dour. We love it...beats a tiburon when you have kids!

Oh, my Tribeca!

Donna, 10/31/2009

I bought this SUV used and I was kind of wary about buying used, but this SUV makes all that worry go away. I love that I can warm myself with the heated seats. That my kids have tons of space in the back. My husband loves driving it and changing from automatic to manual. Great family vehicle. Excellent trunk space. Not to mention you don't see them much here in Long Beach, California since I bought it I've only seen 3 on the road.

Amazing

Erik, 11/22/2009

I love this vehicle, it has given me zero problems and I've owned it since new, Just took an 8K mile trip to colorado (from mn) without any issues, the 3.0 climbed pikes peak without breaking a sweat, what a treat it is to own this vehicle. I work at a subaru dealer and see these vehicles come in from time to time, but not for any types of problems, only for routine maint. I would buy another in a heartbeat. This is currently my 2nd subaru, my other is an impreza (1996) with 250K miles, and has been turboed since 100K miles. These cars are indestructible!

Great Car!!

Jaap, 12/23/2009

Just bought a Tribeca after test driving several SUV's. The final choice was between a Murano and the Tribeca. I was able to get a great deal on the Tri (maybe due to the bad reviews on looks). This car is great! Moved from Texas to Massachusetts and needed a car that would be safe in the snow . Just survived my first snow storm and this car handles suburb. Especially the guided traction control helped me out in some slippery situations. 3rd row is a joke but it is made up for by the double sliding middle seats. I'm 6'3'' and the legroom in the back seat is great. Power is at higher RPM (by design) so don't be afraid to rev it up when needed. I found the 250 hp to be sufficient.

Power Steering gone after 300 miles

Michele, 08/15/2005

Three days after I bought my Tribeca, the power steering went out. I had to have it flat bedded back to the dealer. The fluid reservoir is full, no leaks, the belts are fine. I guess I will find out how good this dealer is in how they treat me through this. I just hope it is not something that will happen again and that they fix it right. I LOVED the car before this happened and will probably love it again when it is fixed and I feel confident it will not happen again.

To drive a B9 is to want a B9!

John Giambalvo, 08/28/2005

I happened upon the B9 while out driving other vehicles in its class. It was the fifth drive in less than a week. After about twenty seconds, I knew this was a superior ride to all of the previous ones. In the three weeks since taking it home, it has only reinforced my decision. I wait for the chances to drive it. I can't wait for snow to come. It's obvious that Subaru knows AWD given the incredible popularity of the Outback. The B9 is an utterly new level of Subaru. The cockpit is even fun to just be sitting in. I warn you, if you take for a test drive, you will want to take it home.

Love our new car!

HJD, 07/16/2005

First new car we've bought in twelve years, so it was a big decision. My husband is a car nut, and swore he was not going to buy a Subaru. But this won us both over. We love it. Very convenient, great interior design, very comfortable PLUS we are averaging 21 MPG (we live in a large city, so this is amazing to us). Test drive it and you just might buy it.

51050