Used 2009 smart fortwo Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 smart fortwo Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific fortwo model:

2009 runabout delight
By Gary Cardoza

2009 smart fortwo passion cabriolet 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

Great car for running short errands and city driving. Park easily anywhere. 2009 model bought new has had very low maintenance. Had a minor fender bender and the plastic driver door panel was replaced in an hour. Better than new. Sorry to see the gas models discontinued for the USA. Not for everyone. Great for city car.

Be Smart
By D. Person

2009 smart fortwo passion coupe 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

I have 173,000 miles on a 2009 Passion. The vehicle is excellent for what it was designed for. Any comments about the transmission being jerky is based on not knowing how to drive the car. As for the hwy, if any one out there has driven a VW Van before, the Smart Car is much more stable. If you do not like the buffeting from trucks, just roll down the windows and it will minimize it. You can make the ride better by making the tires the same size all around and putting on the next size up in a soft snow tire. Buying a used Smart Car for less than $7,000.00 is better than buying a motorcycle. The only draw back is the support Mercedes gives these cars. I am fortunate enough that I do my own maintenance. Best run around car I have owned in my 50+ years in driving.

Great city cAr
By Chelsey

Great city car

Involved in an accident
By Laney

2009 smart fortwo passion cabriolet 2dr Convertible (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

Ok, I had someone broadside my smartcar! He hit my driver door going 55-60 MPH! If I had been in any other car, I doubt I would be here to talk about it! Totaled my car, but I survived!

Love it So Much, I named it Smarty Jones ....
By Beth

2009 smart fortwo passion coupe 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

Drive it and then decide for yourself. I did and once driven knew it was the car for me. It can be parked almost anywhere, gets about 40 mpg city/hwy. Fuel efficient and lots of fun to drive!

I've been driving "Smarty" since September 2015, and still am in love with it. Folks ask me about it all the time, questions like is it safe? Does it get good mileage, what about highway driving? Of course, being in love with this car, my comments to others include how it's a great little car for doing neighborhood chores but it also does well driving on the Interstate Hwy. in spite of its small stature. I've recommended it to many who are looking for a fuel efficient car that does not cost an outrageous amount of money to keep road ready. I STILL LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!