Used 2007 Saab 9-7X Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-7X model:

Europeon luxury for less
By TGF

2007 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Most expensive version of GM's TrailBlazer.

A GM with a touch of Saab
By chris even

2007 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It's good, not great. Lacking in some of the finer points that most near luxury SUVs have. Power lift gate would have been nice. Even a stereo that looks like it didn't come out of a Mack truck would be good. And no aux jack, how?

After a while, pure disappointment
By Jen

2007 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased this vehicle used in 2011 with about 35000 miles on it. In the years we've owned it, the transmission went out (in less than two years), the fuel sensor broke (which we fixed under the recall), the oil pressure sensor broke (we fixed on our own), the led brake light in the back went out and we had to replace it for $150, the cup holder that pops out near the radio broke...plus it was the worst cup holder that was every designed because you can only hold a small can of soda or a small fountain drink in there, other wise the drink constantly spills over on the floor, the check tire pressure comes on every now and then when the tires are perfectly fine, the service tire monitor comes on a few times a month and that's annoying, especially when there's nothing wrong with it, and sometimes the traction control will take affect in the middle of summer. Also with the power seats, sometimes the seat fails to move back or forward....we finally figured out that if you hit the front of the seat hard, it will start working again. Then back to the cup holders, there are two in the front and two in the back. I already talked about the one, but the other in the front is in a horrible spot. You can only put a small soda can there and that's it. As soon as you put the vehicle in park, the gear shifter covers the spot of the cup holder. So a larger drink, you have to take out of the cup holder in order to put the car into park. The cup holders in the back were also poorly designed (they are near the floor in the middle). Any type of vibration or turn makes the drinks fall over from the holders and spill all over the floor. Don't even get me started on fuel economy. They also designed it that the jack is located underneath the middle seats....which if you have a car seat back there, you have to take the car seat out first then fold it up to get to it. should have built it in the back cargo area. The only pros about this vehicle was the power of the engine, memory seats, great cargo area, built in air compressor, and the towing. We still have this vehicle even though we are switching over to a van, but we do feel like the transmission is about to go out again.

What a waste! The opposite of an intelligent build
By JG

2007 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It says a lot when you can't even source spare keys

Least ownership costs ever
By gmt360

2007 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this car for 85,000 miles and drive it every day. I have not had a single issue or problem of any kind in all of these years. To date the exhaustive list of repairs includes rear brake pads and rotors and new tires. That's it. Not a single penny out of pocket. I am astounded as I've never in all of my years experienced anything like this. I live in the harshest climate and still no issues. I have every single option offered except the 6.0liter v8. At the same time I purchased the 9-7, I purchased the identical Rainier. The Rainier has had a dozen expensive issues while the 9-7 is some sort of anomaly at this point.

V8 engine/towing ability for my heavy boat twice per year. Navigation screen is decent sized for what was outdated even when new. Leather is nice and has held up really good. Navigation unit has a second hidden dvd slot for the navigation disc behind the face plate unlike all of the other GMT360's. While it is now old, it looks a bit newer as the SAAB front end was more contemporary for 2007. Heated seats for these crazy cold winters. 18" rims The biggest treat is that this car will outhandle most vehicles on the road however when I replaced the lower profile tires with higher walls, a bit of the handling was gone. Check the skidpad numbers and you will be surprised

Leading edge of the hood collects rock chips and is now rusting. I should have installed a clear bra when I bought it but never got around to it. Have not ever had this issue to this extent on previous cars. Cockpit storage is hands down the worst I've ever had. The SAAB center console key robs you of a cupholder. Would have loved for there to have been a third row version.