MSRP Starting at
$27,645

Save as much as $4,818
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

New full size truck owner

SSBroly, 01/23/2020
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I purchased my 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Big Horn as a fleet vehicle with 14k miles on it. It had everything I wanted except bed liner. I later decided to get the side steps for the kids and wife easier access. Not an ad, just trying to help others in similar situation. Purchased side steps from carid.com saved about $450, and has lifetime warranty. Bed liner from a local shop also with lifetime warranty for about $600 less than if dealer installed. I wanted to address the only 1 star review on here regarding dash brightness...you can dim the dash lights on the left side under the headlights switch. There is a slide knob/gear (?) Which turns on interior lights. If you turn it the other way, it dims the lights. The only 3 star review commented on no radio controls on the steering wheel. I found them after a week of ownership. The volume controls are on the BACK right side of wheel and the skip controls are on the back of the left side of wheel. Weird I know lol! **Back to my review** I have used this truck to tow my trailer camper (6400 pounds, 23ft long) on three different occasions. ~6.5 mpg. The 2nd trip I was towing in 45 mph winds and it handled it like a champ. At 55 mph driving over an open bridge in gusty winds I felt in control the whole time. Plenty of room for my family (wife, 4 yo son, 2 yo daughter with car seats). Cabin is very quiet, comfortable and upscale. Lots of cupholders and storage, including two coolers in the floor in the back. The engine is powerful, easy to safely merge, pass etc. Easily handled my camper. Overall amazing truck! I have only owned smaller trucks (1998 Ranger, 1996 Ranger, 2001 S10, 2002 S10 and 1984 Mazda B2000) so I was worried about parking it, driving around in traffic (narrow streets etc), but it is a breeze. There are sensors on the front and back to help along with a very detailed back up camera. CONS: Gas mileage as expected, but not as bad as I imagined (15-18 mpg). I must say I do have the off road tires installed by the prior owner so obviously that is a big factor. Not really complaining, just worst than my little 2012 civic lol. Duh right?!? SiriusXM radio was initially AMAZING however since the trial period ended and I chose not to continue it ($16.99 a month), I have been getting letters from SiriusXM with deals and promotionals ever since at least twice a week. Kind of annoying. I downloaded free apps on phone, sync on bluetooth and listen for free =) If you want it, let it lapse and not respond at first and you will get promotions for 6 months free etc afterwards. *** I have had the truck for about 5k miles so far. I will update after a year. Good luck out there!

Checks every box

Juan, 08/15/2019
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I wanted to all of my consolidated my vehicles into one that does it all. Needed to combine the utility if my old avalanche with the performance of my focus ST while still being able to haul the kids around comfortably. I looked at the new Sierra and Silverado and was impressed with the performance but not the price. Finally settled on the RAM 1500. It has more space than I'll ever need, good tow rating and that HEMI really gets going when you put your foot down. I average about 20 MPG as long as I drive sensibly the the ride quality is amazing. It did everything the new Sierra offered for less. Strongly recommend the 8.4 in infotainment system. *12k mile update* I've noticed a little vibration coming from the driver and front passenger door panels while listening to music with heavy base. The front passenger window control panel pops out weirdly easily and may be to blame. Android auto is awesome when it works but I've had more than a few days where it refuses to connect to my phone. The Uconnect is a neat gimmick but that also stops working quite often (app disconnects you). Lastly there seems to be a little rust forming on the lip around the right fog light of my chrome bumper. That last one is ridiculous and I'll have them look at it next week during my inspection. I don't regret buying the truck, I'll continue to love my time with it. Hopefully the rust issue is addressed and doesn't come back for many years

Dodge’s best kept secret

Nick, 01/20/2019
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Just bought a Classic 1500. This last run of the 4th gen 1500 will go down as Dodges best kept secret. They are giving these trucks away at a steal of a price. The Big Horn I got is equipped just perfectly for a truck. I don’t need a crazy fancy truck with tons of extras that jack the price north of 50K. I think the gen 4 1500 is the best looking Dodge ever made, I’m not a fan of the looks of the gen 5. Plus, this last run of trucks is made in USA!

It's a steal! Classic Lone Star Silver edition

Rob T, 02/21/2019
Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

18 months and 17000 miles now. Not a single complaint, nor a single problem to report. It did feel like there was a hard downshift as I drove it through a parking lot last week so I will keep a look out for further development on that. I’ve taken it in for 2 oil changes and two tire rotations. It has been an easy truck to live with on a day to day basis, easy to park and easy to maneuver. I still think the front end sensor is too sensitive, giving a full alert when I am still nearly 18 inches away from cars in the next parking stall. This is my second review after nearly 6 months of ownership. I'm still averaging 18-19 mpg with about 60% interstate / 40% in town driving (Hemi with 3.92 axle). I'm still very pleased overall with everything this trim level has to offer and the suspension continues to impress me; you don't need to put sand bags in the bed to give it a smooth ride and absorbs bumps in the road without any jitters. The park assist alarms are a nice feature but I think the settings are too conservative when pulling into tight parking spaces making way too much racket when I'm still a foot away from the other car. The dual zone auto A/C never needs to be fussed with - I keep it set at 70 in Texas and works perfectly for me. The steering is tight and goes exactly where I turn the wheel. The seats are not as comfortable as the F-150 but still very supportive and able to take long trips without fatigue. The sound of the Hemi makes up for the seats and, in my opinion, the body style looks better than either the Ford or Chevy. Overall it is way more truck than the F150 Ecoboost at a lower purchase price and very little, if any, sacrifice in real world fuel economy. One year in, I've driven just over 12000 miles and averaged 18 mpg using the Eco mode, driving about 60% highway miles. I’ve had zero problems, and zero out of pocket maintenance costs so far. Tomball, TX Dodge dealer threw in 2 free oil changes and 2 free tire rotations. The suspension on this truck is still firm with no squeaks or rattles. It feels firmly planted on the pavement in the rear with the coil suspension and the steering wheel feels light and accurate, it goes right where it's pointed without any play in the wheel. The interior is straightforward and the UConnect system with Apple Play is intuitive and easy to understand. Road noise is near non-existent with a slight rumble from the engine when accelerating. My two complaints continue to be the step up bar; and the front bumper sensor alarms.

Great truck

Mike, 07/08/2019
Tradesman 2dr Regular Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I love this truck but have to get rid of because it can not support 955lbs tongue weight of trailer I bought. Can pull it no problem weighs 7800 lbs. Man it has a lot of get up and go. 5.7 engine 395 hp. With TorqueFlite 8 Eight-Speed Automatic Transmission.

2019 RAM Classic 1500 Big Horn 4x4

John, 09/05/2019
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

This is my first RAM(Always been a Ford Guy). I LOVE this truck! I looked at Ford and Chevy and both were in the $45-$50K range for a well appointed truck. I discovered the Classic at a local dealer and decided to take a test drive...WOW! This truck so smooth and quite even at highway speeds. It handles fantastic and has plenty of go with the 395 HP Hemi V8 and a great exhaust note. THESE Classics are a steal. I bought mine for $34.5K(Sticker was $49,451) out the door. They even threw in an additional year of Bumper to Bumper warranty, Now I have 48 months instead of 36 months. They also included 4 years free maintenance and oil changes. This truck has tons of options like:Power drivers seat, Power lumbar support, Heated Seats, Heated steering wheel, Heated and power folding side view mirrors, LED entry and cargo bed lights, Power sliding rear window, 8.4" Touch panel display with U-Connect, Climate control, Auto Volume volume speed control, Voice Activated controls, Rear window defroster, Auto dimming rear view mirror, and 20" Chrome wheels.The truck only has 400 miles on it, But I am averaging 19.5 mpg city and 22 mpg highway. I am sure that will increase once broken in. If your in the market for a truck...I would jump on one of these ASAP!

I have never owned a RAM

RT, 09/16/2019
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I was shopping for a used F150 when I came across this 2019 RAM with 16K miles on it. It was a beautiful truck and drove hands down way better then the F150 (in my opinion). Plus it was better equipped than a comparable XLT. I got a Big Horn addition in 4WD. It has an amazing sound system, drives great and is very roomy. I am very satisfied with my purchase, not to mention the amazing deal I got it for.

"Never fell in love with a vehicle faster"

Donald lippold, 10/22/2019
Express 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I was looking for a used v6 pickup truck with atleast a 6 ft bed. Went to a dealership where a friend of mine (ive known her a few years now), works as a saleswoman. Told her what i wanted n she pulled 2 trucks out for me. I started with an 15 toyota tacoma( always wanted one). It was very nice with 70.000 miles n a price tag of 28,000. Then i test drove the 19 ram single cab 1500 classic.,ive always liked ram but knew they were exspensive. So after i drove it n fell in love with the immaculant response time of the v6 n perfect power delivery coming from the 8 speed transmision, i asked the price. (Expecting it somewhere around 35,000) she tells me the price of 21,200......long story short, i bought the 19 ram.. 2 things i didnt like about it..the rearend gets loose in the rain quite easily. Def would recommend dirt tires, even for strickly road use, second thing, no bluetooth in the stereo. But i did buy the express trim package, so i understand not having bluetooth. All in all, i have never fell in love with a vehicle faster. The leather seats are extremely comfortable, the trottle response is spot on, n even though i only got the 2wd model, it handled going into the woods without any problems at all. I love this truck n would recommend any one else to buy it.

It Begs To Be Driven...

Tim L., 10/08/2019
Express 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is my second lease of a Gen 4. Got the 3.6 this time and it pulls every bit as good as my previous hemi- just not as fast! Gets better mpg too!

I've always been a Chevy girl

Melissa, 01/15/2019
Tradesman 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I've never owned a Dodge before... But the deal they worked out for me was too good to pass up. Now, I'm so happy with this truck! Fits our kids comfortably, and still has the capabilities I need from a truck! Love it!

Sticking with a winner

Arden, 12/31/2019
SLT Fleet 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I had a 2014, but traded it in for another because I wanted one with low mileage, since I'm retired and love the 6,000 tour-the-country trips. Great vehicle with improvements like a backup camera, Bluetooth functions, etc. I love the comfort on long trips, with lots of bed room for bikes and inflatable paddleboards and camping gear. I'm updating after 18 mos and still love my truck; best vehicle I ever owned.

It Begs To Be Driven...

Tim L., 10/08/2019

Much better then expected

Mark, 03/14/2019
Tradesman 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Was looking for an inexpensive used truck but came across a new 2019 1550 Classic. Very very please with the purchase. Very well designed truck.

19 classic reg cab

Charles Hooper, 04/06/2020
Tradesman 2dr Regular Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Wasn’t able to replace my Town Car for my 6’5’’ 350lbs self doing sales job. I loved used town cars increasingly unavailable. Due to 45,000 a year miles ruins cars. I stumbled on Ram classic plain 4x2 brand new $22,500. Comfortable ya baby cheap and great on gas. 8 months into it at 33,000 miles. Still comfortable and 0 issues. I’m thrilled

2019 1500 Classic Crew Cab SLT

Dan Mac, 05/24/2020
SLT Fleet 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Not sure what to say, but PERFECT Truck. Looked at others for MUCH MORE $$ & so happy w/RAM.

Great truck

Bill S, 06/22/2020
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

2019 Classic model is higher rated in Consumer Reports, new model has some cool features but has not proven reliability yet. Crew cab is very roomy! Big Horn is a great package, worth it

This is a basic no frills 4x4 truck!

R. D., 12/31/2019
Tradesman 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I did not want the latest electronics, nor did I need the big v8 engine. I wanted a truck that would last well into my retirement that would do chores and haul things like boats, travel trailers and the occasional load of fresh firewood. This trucks bells and fancy whistles are a radio that is blue tooth, cruse control and it tells me if my air pressure is low and how much longer until a oil change. I know how to roll down my own windows by the hand crank and that is good enough. After six months of ownership I'm very satisfied with the 6 cylinders performance. In Colorado we can have all four seasons in the same week, and this truck has been through then all. I like the 8 foot bed. The only cons are with the bench seat it is a bit tall to get into, but I put side step on the truck and it is just fine. And in the snow with stock tires the truck runs through it very good, but the ice underneath the snow gets a bit tricky so you do need to use the 4x4 to start off. However, this is not a huge problem it is a weight to empty box issue and once you put it in 4x4 you would think you were in a jeep.lol

Very pleased

Corey Adams, 03/31/2019
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Just purchased 2 days ago and my family and I are very impressed over every aspect of the truck.

2019 Ram 1500 Lone Star Crew Cab 4x4

Michael, 03/12/2020
Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Bought this truck brand new. I had it in the shop 6 times for overheating. Dealer could not replicate the issue but it was intermittent so nothing was ever done about it. The gas tank, valve body, rear window, coolant tank, a exhaust hanger wasn’t installed right so had to be fixed, gauge cluster glass. These trucks are poorly made and will never buy another. Go buy a Toyota or Ford and save yourself many headaches of owning a Fiat product.

Nice truck but questioning 5.7 power and 8 speed

Jeff, 03/25/2019
Tradesman 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

5.7 Has plenty of get up and go but the slightest head wind or small incline or hill causes the truck to down shift dropping the gas mileage significantly. As far as the truck overall it's super quiet, and the ride is really nice for a truck. Interior is comfortable for the exception of reaching for controls. A little far from the driver especially while driving. Cant believe they did not put radio controls on the steering wheel. Heater is a little week until you've driven 15 or twenty miles. Also a little slippage in the shifting. Going to talk to the dealer about it. My truck is a 1500 Classic crew cab 5.7LT (did not show option for that above).

Chrysler still has quality control problems

Paul W, 10/10/2019
Tradesman 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought the 2019 Ram 1500 Classic because the rebates and discounts were so generous making it a bargain. Once I got it home the elation began to wane quickly. The paint job had several odd dull areas the size of golf balls so I had to buy wax and get to work immediately. Upon closer inspection I found many more flaws in the paint including hard pieces and bumps (I have the diamond black crystal). This truck was manufactured just 6 weeks before I drove it off the lot. What gets me is Chrysler has the nerve to charge extra for any color other than white and then serves you up a defective paint job. The truck comes with a spray in bed liner standard but Chrysler adds insult to injury by charging an extra $1,295 for the chrome package which for some strange reason deletes the bed liner. So now I have to go and pay someone more money to do it. The ride is somewhat mushy and bouncy, I would have preferred a more controlled experience. The interior is dated and with a sticker price of nearly $35,000 it doesn't even have a satellite radio. The huge center armrest jiggles and rattles too much. I have great concerns about the reliability over the long run. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake.

Nice truck when it works-warlock

romeojc, 04/09/2020
Warlock 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This truck is good looking, and rides really nice, but its been shutting down randomly on me and ram care has been useless, the case manager is unpleasant and my truck has been in the shop for almost a month. It is on the verge of classifying as a lemon, don't buy this truck and I say that because ram care is awful.

Finally some room!

Lee Conklin, 06/17/2020
SLT Fleet 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought the 2019Ram 1500 classic after shopping for a midsize truck. Just couldn’t stomach paying 40 grand plus for a vehicle that didn’t have much head room or room in the backseat . Didn’t pay close to that for this truck that had just over 10k miles Couldn’t be happier with the performance and the look, despite the fact it doesn’t have the new Ram grill. Has all the extras I need .

Nice truck

Teddy raggo, 01/19/2020
Tradesman 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I had a 2010 ram for 10 years. Liked it so much I had to get another. Have the 2019 classic and it is very nice

Best truck ever.

Andy67, 05/05/2020
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Very stylish truck .raw power.awesome colors . Very spacious and comfortable smooth ride.great technology .

Pretty nice

shepdog, 09/09/2020
Express 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

my first 6cyl truck. I can say being a contractor this truck has not let me down. I have pulled a trailer with 52 sheets of 12ft drywall up hill it had to give it a little more peddle but it pulled it. Most of the time I forget its a v6. This truck will straight up get up and move like no v6 i have ever driven. I was forced to stop on the freeway at night on a bend in the road. To secure cargo. My wife scared because vehicles are coming by at 70 plus miles an hour. When pulling out i was nervous. I stomped on it we hit 70 in mere seconds and had no issues getting out into traffic at speed. Never seen a v6 do that before. A year later 50k miles hasn't changed a bit. This is one hell of a truck. My other truck is a chevy 2500hd. First ever dodge and pretty impressed over all with the v6 truck. Not bad at all

Ram 2019 Limited crew cab

Whiz, 03/11/2020
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

New technology creating more problems

Blinding!!!!

Disappointed Night Driver, 11/12/2019
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

The dashboard lights are blinding at night. There is NO way to dim them. We have called the customer service department, our sales rep, and gone over the manual several times. Because we did not test drive it at night, we were not aware of the problem. I would NOT buy this model again because of this problem and the company does not seem to want to fix it. If I could choose something lower than a 1 star, I would. Otherwise, I love the Ram trucks.

Great Job and service

Nelson and Janet sosa , 05/03/2020
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

We bought a car here 3 years ago and we were so pleased that we came back this time sales rep Mauricio and finance rep Marwan took great care of us and made the transaction very smooth

Great for 90% of truck owners

Joe C, 04/09/2020
Express 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I had purchased an express 3.6 quad cab model in February 2019, a year into it and no issues .knock on wood. I always wondered if I should have got the Hemi, but in reality I don't tow and that would be where the V8 would shine, other wise I would just have a nice exhaust note and lower mpg. I have a lease, I just know if I do get another ram, I will get a crew cab as opposed to the quad, for car seats, cargo, the room is alot better.

Great truck, most of the time.

BigHappy, 07/16/2020
Big Horn 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I am the 2nd owner of a 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Quad Cab. I love how loaded it is with features, Love having all that power at my foot. I love my towing capacity. that’s the whole reason I purchased the truck. I have the 5.7 Hemi. 6’4-foot bed. Motor is equipped with E-Torque. Has a great exhaust note and is a smooth ride. Night time visibility is ok. I changed out the Halogen bulbs for some quality BRIGHT LED’s and I can see much better at night now. There is not much about the truck I don’t like. So where is the real problem? When I carry more than 3 people. You get a DEEP droning hum. The sound is clearly coming from the intake of the motor. It gets so loud at times, you can’t hear others speaking. You can mitigate this issue slightly by activating the tow/haul feature. I have attempted to contact the dealer several times about this issue but I never receive a call back. I plan on calling a different dealer to see if I have a better response. Outside of this one issue. I have no other complaints about this truck. It hauls anything I have. Tows amazingly well with my 6X12 cargo trailer. Provides a nice quiet interior and I enjoy the active display and back up camera. Front and rear object detection and collision avoidance system. It’s been a great truck.

Great ride and classy