Used 2006 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Reviews

$7,000

Used Cayenne for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Best car I have ever owned

Terry frranke, 07/09/2016
4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Still great car after almost 11 years. Still looks great - classic. 125,000 miles and close to zero maintenance issues.

My Little Euro Head Turner

Jennifer Lawson Perez, 10/17/2015
Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We love ours. It runs like a champ and has that sophisticated look that one comes to expect from Porsche. We especially love how quiet it runs and the steering. We had a BMW X5 before, but this SUV is much more elegant, comfortable, stable and attractive. Asked to update this review 4/21/2016...Still love this car!

Cayenne Rocks!

smcayenne, 05/13/2011

I bought my 2006 CPO in 2010 and love it. It has been incredibly reliable and it drives like a sports sedan. It is the perfect size-plenty of room but I don't feel like I'm driving a bus. It is incredibly responsive, great acceleration and power and true 4wd.

A White Elephant

Steve B, 11/27/2017
S 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

Yes, the Cayenne S has performance, it is downhill from there. I have had the car for 14 years, currently at 165 K miles. But the repairs and regular upkeep drives me nuts. You need a new set of tires every 15,000 miles ($1500). You need new brakes every 25,000 miles ($2500), replacing the battery will cost you $1000 because the stupid battery is located under the driver seat. Here is a partial list of things that went wrong - power steering fluid leaked (bad seal), turn light bulbs in the headlight assembly would blow up every 5,000 miles - stopped replacing . The fancy terrain following headlamps don't work too well, power train shaft had to be replaced, engine vacuum problem, all eight ignition coils had to be replaced ($800), gas tank fuel pump plastic flanges cracked ($1500), even the washer fluid container cracked. I had to sue Porsche in small claims court to get them pay for the fuel pump replacement ( a recall item). If you have cash to burn , go ahead buy a Porsche - otherwise stay away.

Love this car!!

Ricki Kanter, 01/19/2016
Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned this car for ten years and could go for another ten except for I'm wanting to go electric. Just ordered my new TeslaX. I've never enjoyed driving more or felt safer than in my Porsche.

Fix the tranny

NABMAN, 07/07/2008

The Cayenne is great. High performance, fast, corners well, luxurious and well built. Excellent performance on the highway but this vehicle has one major problem- the tranny. In the city, it is not nimble enough to weave in and out of traffic. It is hard to control. Too fast or your punching it to switch gears. The acceleration is inconsistent. (I understand they changed this in the 08) The tranny takes forever to decide which gear it should go into and this creates lag. If you are accustomed to high performance cars in the city, you will feel this. Likely to save gas, the tranny shifts up too quickly and down late in normal slow city driving. I have had this reset and am told thats it

second time around

sonogun, 04/18/2014

This 2006 replaced my 2004 turbo. Strangely, it is not as peppy in that the tranny does not adapt quickly enough for your spirited driving mood. This prompted me to put it on an all wheel Dino and it is putting out on the first pull but suffers from heat sink on the second and third pull. My 2004 lost the heating pipes and the Cardon shaft along the way to 100,000 miles where it loss the fuel pumps. During that span I did two brake jobs, replacing rotors both times. My 2006 six had 60,000 when I bought it and after 20.000, I have had zero repair cost.

Porsche has paint issues!

kb, 06/15/2006

I just purchased my first Porsche. I traded a beatiful Lexus GX470 that I wish I had back. Although the Porsche is fun to drive and I like the look, I have had several issues with the flat black paint. You can breathe on the paint and it scratches. It is only two months old and looks worse than most cars that are years old. The dealership has tried to put a band- aide on it and they keep cleaning it up really pretty. I am afraid to see what this car looks like in 6 months to a year. I cannot believe that a company like Porsche would offer such a poor quality paint! This should not even be an option!

A Great SUV

NurburgDriver, 01/28/2007

I read some of the negative reviews about the Cayenne and had to respond with some qualifiers. This is the best "handling" SUV you can buy. It handles corners and drives better than any other SUV however, if you are expecting superior acceleration then please don't buy a 6 cylinder. If you buy an SUV and expect acceleration from a 6 cylinder you need to study up on "power to weight ratio". Get this truck if you want an SUV that handles and drives beautifully. Do not get this truck if you think it's a Porsche which you can take on the track. I think Porsche did a fantastic job. If you are looking for an SUV that handles great and drives very well, look no further.

Best SUV

John, 05/25/2007

I have to say this is the best SUV on the market, hands down. Ride comfort, true utility and of course the Porsche acceleration and tuned exhaust make driving the Cayenne S a must. Ergonomics are perfect, even for a guy my size (6'3" and 375#). Turning radius is much better than expected. It's takes a bit of getting used to the transmission which solidly downshifts, keeping you always in an optimum engine torque range. Very tight in corners. Options and controls are intuitive, no problem getting to know the bells and whistles without reading the owner's manual (the manly thing). Interior lighting at night is exceptionally well engineered.

The Beast

Greg Lewis, 12/18/2007

A great vehicle for those who really want "sport" in their SUV. Strong, powerful & fast, the Cayenne S combines good steering feedback with excellent (sometimes squeaky) brakes. At 5300 lbs having all these benefits is fairly amazing. The ride is stiff, but that is a trade-off for exceptional cornering. The tiptronic is the best auto-manual tranny I have used. I really enjoy making the gear changes myself. If you want the best acceleration out of this car, changing manually is a must. I have already added precat bypass pipes, giving 17hp over stock. I am also eyeing a computer remap and perhaps a free-flow intake for another 30-HP. I've owned 1988 and 1999 Carreras. Cayenne is a true Porsche.

A pleasure to drive (6 Cyl)

Papparaz, 08/22/2010

I test drove a 4Runner and an MDX. The Cayenne was just too fun to pass up. I bought used from a dealer who provided additional 2 years CPO warranty. The tiptronic in manual mode gives adequate pep but my wife's Avalon is still faster 0-60. Passes well on the highway. Exhaust note is a nice touch - except when listening to music. No tow bar installed yet but it is planned so hope there is enough power. The park assist option is both handy and annoying but it can be turned off by pushing a button. Everyone seems to agree the cup holders are too small. Can idle rough after cold start if fuel < 93 octane. Overall I just love driving this vehicle and have had no problems after 3 months.

Very Fun Car

Harry, 09/08/2006

I replaced my BMW 2003 X5 with a Porsche Cayenne S. The power and handling are incredible. The Tiptronic shifter is similar to BMW's. I also have it on the steering wheel, which is very handy for fast acceleration or passing. The Cayenne handles better than the Sport Edition of the BMW X5 3.0 model that I had. It is better on the bumps in the road. Its cornering is better too. The sound of the engine is what is incredible about the Cayenne. It has that great Porsche sound. It is a good SUV for the family. There are some features I wished the Cayenne had that the BMW has, but in terms of handling and comfort of drive - I'll take the Cayenne S over the BMW X5 Sport Edition any day. It will be interesting what the NEW BMW X5 is like. Drive both before you buy.

Life is too short to drive uninspiring vehicles!

Zachariah A., 12/26/2016
Turbo 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

At age 52 - I am thrilled to buy this Porsche SUV. After years of owning cars for the sake of saving money - I decided to change things up, at this juncture in life. As a result, this go-anywhere, do-it-all, rocket-sled brick has unleashed hidden Adrenaline I have pent-up inside, for decades. Every drive now brings a huge, LOL smile to my face. Suddenly, spending money on something THIS FUN is now totally worth it. I plan on driving this over-the-top beast to the ground. I can now leave this Earth knowing I drove the fastest, man-made, land object I could afford. My perspective on life is now enhanced. Read all the reviews, watch all the YouTube video on this remarkable machine. There truly is NO substitute...

My 11th Porsche

Gene Bussian, 09/07/2005

In 1955 I purchased my first Porsche. I have had a 356s, a912, a 911 Targa and two RS Spyders. I raced them all. Comparing an SUV with these sports cars might seem hard, but the Cayenne S is really a Porsche at heart. It can corner and brake with ease. The ride has three adjustments with my air suspension. It is the finest automobuile I have ever owned or driven. There is no spare tire...but then could I really change 20" wheels by myself?

no baloney

william calvin, 10/05/2006

Hands down the best vehicle I ever owned. I've many luxury suv's and cars.... even Porsche's etc. But nothing can discribe excellence better than a Porche cayenne S

Love the overall car but serious money pit!

ZJ, 09/07/2018
Turbo 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall appearance and inside design are great! However, repair costs are astronomical/not designed for easy repair access and lots of plastic housings that break easily.---example: cannot just replace headlight bulb (which in itself -$150), need to replace entire headlight assy system unit ($1300). Fixed one side, week later the other side is gone -- condensation, etc. Drive shaft shot at 65k miles and oil change at $350! Although i bought (2nd owner) w/50k miles, and the car ran perfectly for 1st year, been constant repairs since then===$9k.

Fun to drive

PAUL , 01/26/2009

In the last two years I've owned two Cayenne S. Things to note the air suspension and panoramic sun roof are worth the money, plus it'll sell easier with them. The reliability however is bellow par! Plan on bringing it in monthly to change every bulb, followed by something else after that.

Best SUV for Car Enthusiasts

Mark, 10/11/2005

The Porsche Cayenne V6 gets a bad rap in the motoring press because at "only" 247hp and 229 lb. torque, there is not much power to move around 4,800 lbs. of SUV. If you know how to drive a sports car, and like to shift gears, however, I have found the V6 to be plenty of power for American roads. Keep the revs above 2,500 and save more than $15,000 over the S model and get an extra 2 mpg over V8 version. The suspension is pure Porsche. I replaced a BMW X5 3.0 with my Cayenne which is at about the same price point. I find the Porsche to be: more comfortable, better handling, a little more spacious, better offroad, and way more fun to drive. It is solid as a rock, too, and feels overengineered - 7,700 lb. towing capacity speaks for itself.

Not a good Porsche model

John, 04/02/2006

The car runs hit and miss (stalls). Its steering and overall performance are not up to Porsche standards. The radio is cheap (speakers are fine) and finding a well trained service dept. is a challenge. After communicating my concerns with the Porsche people in the corporate NA Headquarters in GA as well as the dealer and service personel I would not recomend this car. I have owned two Porsches before but it seems the company has changed in both quality and service.

Super SUV

RockDaBoat, 09/21/2007

This is what you get when you want a supercar, but are looking for versatility and comfort. It drives like a sports car, it can beat most of them out there, comfort for 5. When you're driving up the mountain for some R&R at the lake, there is no better car to get that fun drive and bring along your family and gear! Name one other besides a Maserati 4 door? Porsche is known to be one of the only reliable sport cars, think Lambo, Ferrari, Aston Martin, would you buy any of them with over 80,000 mile on them? Porsche sells with no issues with high mileage for a reason! This is the top pick when buying the SUV of your dreams!

Cayenne

Ryan Deredin, 04/15/2006

I love the Cayenne's crisp handling and exterior styling. The flexibility of the interior and the supple leather and everything is just such a great combination. It really helps to get to work in the morning when I'm in a rush. Excellent job Porsche.

Love my Cayenne

Beach, 11/03/2007

Wow! Always dreamed of a Porsche, never thinking it would be a SUV. Drives like a dream, rides smooth, sounds great and gets lots of looks. This is one fun auto to own. Maybe my next will be a little sports car!

great fun to drive, favorite car

prter w, 04/21/2006

The Cayenne S has an incredible drive, has all the power one needs, and handles like Boxster. I love it. I also own a Mercedes-Benz S-Class, a Porsche Speedster, a BMW 650 convertable, a BMW X5 and a Lincoln Navagator. Nothing compares to the Cayenne.

hotdog

fjddoc, 12/19/2005

This is one of the smoothests most well engineered vehicles I've ever driven. It performs and handles exactly like a Porsche 911, but with the weight and safety to be an every day SUV.

My "Annie"

June F., 05/14/2006

I will never own another car! The Cayenne drives solidly. It provides great handling and I feel safe in it. I can carry so much stuff in the back with the seats down, more than my husband's truck and my daughters H3. The Cayenne has great power to get out of any situation. I use this car like a workhorse and put tons of miles on it. I wish I could use regular gas in it, this is my only complaint.

Truly a Porsche!

Crazy4Carz, 04/11/2007

Amazing vehicle. As an owner of a 911 Cab and a 356 SC Sunroof Coupe, it only seemed appropriate to get a Cayenne as the household SUV. I strongly considered the Range Rover Sport as it is stunning, I just could not get past the truck like performance and handling. The Cayenne on the other hand is all Porsche. Nimble, quick and just plain fun to drive. Incredibly comfortable and aggressive looks with the titanium package. Love the features though the navigation and radio are not intuitive. Also, Porsche needs to package options as there are so many that it can be confusing. No excuse for not having mp3 aux jack as standard. Options are very robustly priced. Get one!

I absolutely love this car - now at 250K miles!

Eric Berlin , 03/04/2020
S Titanium Edition 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

I didn't intend to buy a fancy SUV but I stumbled onto this in May 2016. I was looking for a something capable for off road for my summers in Colorado. As soon as I sat in it, I knew I would drive it home. I purchased it for $13,500 with 113K miles. I stopped by the European car guy in my town and had him look it over. It was in great shape needing nothing at the time. He did warn me about the plastic engine cooling pipes that would eventually go as well as the driveshaft mount. These are well documented issues with good solutions. With good maintenance, this car has been relatively trouble free ever since. Those two issues did come up. When changing the coolant pipes, we did the water pump and alternator. I also had a wheel bearing go and the transfer case for the 4WD. We also replaced the battery at around 150K. Nothing else mechanical. I am on the original suspension and exhaust. The suspension still feels the same as the day I bought it. The engine still purrs its throaty growl like new also. Amazingly well-built machine. The interior has held up well under heavy use with a dog and child in the outdoors. The rear hatch struts also go and did on mine and needed to be replaced. The exterior has held up very well and still doesn't look dated for a 15 year old car. I have a car wash pass that allows me to wash it daily if need be, so the New England road salt hasn't affected it. I have a few small chips to paint once the weather is warmer, but without anything more than regular washing the paint looks awesome. I picked up a spare set of rims at tire rack for snow tires and have had great success in the New England winters with them. Summers I spend in Colorado and have navigated serious jeep roads to high peak trailheads to hike 14ers. The only time I got stuck was in Great Sand Dunes National Park where we just didn't have enough ground clearance for the sand. I got through the same road several times the previous year, but last time we just slid into the tire ruts and bottomed out. It is a serious towing machine as well. It has tons of towing capability. I have towed large UHaul trailers without feeling a thing. Lots of folks use their Cayenne to tow their race cars to the track. The only nagging issue I have with the car is the stereo. I am a musician and have always swapped out head units when buying older cars and intended to do the same here. Unfortunately, since the wiring of the car is fiberoptic, there are no real solutions short of a complete rewiring of the car which would have cost $2-3K. I ordered some gadget I found at Crutchfield and it cost me tons twice what I paid for it for two Porsche specialized mechanics (one an audio specialist who SWORE he could make it work) to try and make it work. The best we could get it to do was get a single channel when streaming on the rare occasion we got anything to connect. Never got the phone to work. So, I use a Bluetooth headset for phone and when I want to stream music, I use an FM modulator with adequate results. When playing CDs or the XM radio, the sound is absolutely fantastic. I only wish I could use the steering wheel controls for phone. Finally, there is a lose connection for my GPS receiver, so the in dash nav no longer works, but I use my phone anyway. Oh yeah, the navigation system is a DVD player under the passenger seat and is very dated. You can get a somewhat updated disc, but I recommend simply using WAZE on your phone. Gas mileage with premium gas is expensive, but you do get acceleration 0-60 in 6 seconds with an SUV and it is incredibly fun to drive. I consistently get 16-17 mpg and sometimes a little better on my yearly trips across the country. I drive it a lot, two months shy of 4 years since buying it, I am about to flip 250K in the next day or two. That is 137K since I bought it. Pretty amazing 4 years with it. Would be happy to do it again.

Customer Service is not top priority

tye, 07/08/2006

I too have had many paint issues with my Porsche Cayenne. The paint is way too soft. I have had the paint looked at by three professional painters and all three agree that it is a poor paint job. I have vioced my concerns to Porsche Customer Care and all they could do was have a representative call me that wanted to blaim me for the damage. I tried to call them back and they told me there was no one else to speak too. The flat paint line should be removed as an option. I have spoken to other Cayenne owners and the ones that have the metallic paint are fine. All flat colors have issues. I sympathize with the other owner I sure know what you are going through.

My Second Cayenne

Michael P, 12/02/2006

I moved up from a Cayenne V6 as I put 65,000 miles on it in 26 months and, well, I needed something new. I test drove the new Mercedes-Benz ML500 and handed the keys back to the sales guys and drove down the street and bought the Cayenne S that afternoon.

Class In Itself

kinta, 11/06/2006

The Porsche Cayenne turbo is a great SUV. It gets the looks and questions like any other Porsche. Off roading isn't its best feature though. I prefer the Range Rover over this truck and that is why I traded it in. The Cayenne had a lot of oversteer in icy conditions. The Ranger Rover isn't as fast with the super charger, but it uses the same amount of gas and is actually more comfortable. The head room is also better in the Range Rover, but build quality is better in the Cayenne Turbo. The AWD is OK in the Cayenne, but it's same as Audi's. If standing out is your game and speed is the key, get a Cayenne, but for practicality and pure off road use go for the Range Rover.

Cayenne Titanium Black

Cayenne06 , 06/02/2008

Very satisfied so far with the Cayenne. Titanium edition features second to none (for the price).

SUV Sports Car

Martin Santos, 01/10/2007

This is a sports car in an SUV's body. It is a pleasure to drive. You'll never know how fast you're going until the car behind you is flashing his red lights. The quality is typical for a Porsche. I test drove all of the new SUVs, including the 2007 BMW X5 and nothing comes close. If you're looking for a strictly utilitarian vehicle there are others that are far cheaper, but you can't beat this as far as driving pleasure and fun.

Excellent SUV

matt rinard, 10/10/2005

This is my second Porsche Cayenne S. The Germans fixed few items since the 2003 model, such as improving the horrible keyless entry. The new one is great. The seats are a total pain in the rear to fold down, you have to take off the head rest and move the front seat forward. It only takes about three minutes but it seems like forever. The build quality is great. The handling is the best out there. The downfall is it's closest competitor is the BMW free service for 3 years. The Porsche people stick it to you for the oil change...over $200 and you have to leave your car. So buy the paper filter for $15 at Porsche and go to Speedy Oil and it is only $80 but done in 15 minutes. Great car if you don't mind spending the money.

Cayenne S Excellent Family / Sports SUV

randy, 07/31/2006

I bought a Porsche Cayenne about three weeks ago and simply love it. It has great handling as well as a sports car feel. It is not the best on gas, but what V8 is these days. Unless you get lost often, the navigation system is about $2,000+ and not a lot of fun after the first week. The moonroof is nice at night. This truck provides overall great performance and it is practical as well.

Very good, but had too high expectations

MYCAY, 09/27/2009

I agree with the previous posts about light bulbs and transmission, and would add that the V6 is terribly underpowered esp. for the fuel economy. I just had one blinker bulb changed at the dealer at a cost of $80. It's not something I want to play around with myself in this car... the entire headlight assembly has to be removed to change any bulb. The engine is sadly underpowered but the transmission itself is enough to almost ruin the driving experience. I completely agree with the other reviewer who said this Japanese-made tranny does not do the job. I often wonder how Porsche engineers ever thought this engine/tranny combo was worthy of the Porsche badge because, in my opinion, it's not.

Quick and Sporty

Lance, 11/11/2006

This truck handles great and fun to drive. It has poor fuel economy, but you don't buy this vehicle worrying about the cost of gas.

Shame of German Engineering!

A Porsche Lover, 11/25/2006

This is by far the WORST SUV, or for that matter car, any company has ever made. I had a Toyota 4Runner that had better performance, acceleration, power, and gas millage than this piece of crap! Let me tell you. before this, I had the Cayenne S, and that's a completely different car than the 6-cylinder! This car has absolutely no juice! It is supposed to have 240 HP, but the acceleration and the power as worse than a 4-cylinder Ford Ranger truck! And the gas millage is about 12.8 mpg on average! Do not buy or lease this vehicle! Pay a little more, and get the Cayenne S. I am returning mine back to the dealer at whatever cost! I can;t stand it, for shame Porsche!

Not worth the money

scott, 01/24/2008

The Cayenne is a very heavy sports car to put it kindly. It's not for the daily commute unless you enjoy being bounced around like a basketball. Gas mileage is 11mpg around town with premium. The suspension is so stiff my wife's afraid to drink her coffee on our commute. We have a 4runner that can easily hold it's own with the Cayenne performance wise. My Tundra can easily keep up in a straight line. I know because I have "raced" my buddy while he drives the vehicles listed above. It currently has 17k miles and already has a tail light out. I also don't like the baby cupholders. For 70k get something with comfort and performance...it's not the Cayenne.

High Performance, Low Quality

bill sun, 11/02/2006

I bought my Cayenne six months ago. It's fun to drive and I really enjoyed it until I had to send it back to the dealership for repair recently. I test-drove BMW X5 V8, Range Rover, Lexus GS470, Acura MDX and Volvo XC90 V8 before I bought the Cayenne S, which gave me the best road experience among all. The only one I didn't test was Mercedes GL450. The reliability was fair, or even poor. The plastic trim beneath the rear door broke in two month and I had to get it repaired at the dealership. The cup holder was broken two month later. One day I found the control panel was not working, and the the 4 wheel drive was not functioning. I scheduled a service appointment on the next day, but my Cayenne wouldn't start. Before I could drop the car at the dealership. Porsche sent a service guy help me to jump start my vehicle. Now the car is in the autoshop. I guess it's a circuit and/or battery problem.

Not for the Timid

Steve, 05/29/2008

The car is very fun to drive and handles both city and highway very well. Comfortable, it's not. The car is very stiff as are the seats, and the steering is heavy. I have had a dipped beam problem that does not seem to go away, and I have had it serviced for that twice. I have also had to replace the rear cup holders twice which inexplicably jammed in the console. If you are thinking of the 6 cylinder, then buy an Acura. Porsches are meant to have 8 cylinders. It costs me about $80 to fill the tank these days, so fuel efficient it is definitely NOT.

Porsche Cayenne Reliability

Christina Chavez, 06/14/2006

I love how it drives and how efficient the Triptronic system is. It is a truly reliable vehicle and fun to drive. It beats the traditional large SUVs out of the market.

Never Knew an SUV Could be Fun to Drive!

Ian, 02/08/2006

My 2006 Porsche Cayenne S is fun to push around corners and is extremely well composed at high speeds. Its handling, acceleration, and exhaust note are fantastic! While it's not as lithe as the Boxster I traded in on it, the 50/50 weight distribution and 62/38 rear wheel power bias of the AWD system give it a real sport sedan feel. I love it, love it, love it!

Need for speed..in an SUV???

Mike, 03/29/2006

I just bought the Porsche Cayenne Turbo in titanium with black interior. I wish I would have gotten black with aluminum air intakes. The titanium doesn't look excellent with the aluminum air intakes but it does give it an aggressive look. I didn't want to wait for a Turbo S so I bought the Turbo. Its acceleration is amazing and 3 setting for ride are great (comfort, normal, sport. and ajustable ride height). It is a bit bouncey but its a 450 hp SUV!

Do Not Buy this Car!

Scott, 11/25/2006

I just bought the Cayenne 6-cylinder. It is definitely the worst luxury vehicle money can buy! You hardly have any acceleration in this truck! And you would think you would save on gas! NOOOOOOO! I get about 13.2 miles per gallon on both street and freeway! The Bose sound system sounds terrible and the navigation is a pain in the rear to work with! I paid top dollar for this vehicle and I am very disappointed! I can't return it either! So I am stuck with a slow, low performing truck for 3.5 years!

Low Mileage Cayanne S

Nigel Winsor, 01/13/2016
Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent condition with low mileage and mostly highway driven. Interior is like new.

Just for Looks!

Racer, 12/12/2006

I bought my 6-cylinder Cayenne almost a year ago. I have owned Porsches in the past, but I must say THIS IS THE WORST MODEL Porsche has ever made! The fuel economy is absolutely not acceptable. I get about 12 miles per gallon! You would expect more acceleration and power with that kind of fuel consumption, but the vehicle shows very little power and acceleration! There's a dead delay after you floor the gas pedal, and the transmission takes a long time to decide which gear to choose! I am very disappointed at this model!

What a fun Porsche

Rich, 08/20/2005

This is a great vehicle. It goes through snow and mud as easily as an asphalt parking lot. It looks pretty good, a little fat. To me, this is not a gussied up VW Touareg, nor is the VW a downmarket Porsche. The Cayenne S is the best balance of the 3. The Turbo is just unbelivably fast, but the suspension seems to have a difficult time handling all that power; even feeling a little torque steer. The V6 is just that, a V6. Go for the S. It is plenty fast for US market, and affordable when you run the numbers on a lease. Porsches hold their value, and this is a better deal than many other SUVs in this price bracket. If you know how to amortize the payments, this is the way to go.

My Cayenne

Betty Christopher, 12/25/2006

The 2006 Porsche Cayenne S Titanium Edition is an enjoyable and great driving vehicle!

Love It!

Marc, 12/05/2005

Car is extremely well put together and fun to drive, vehicle gets expensive with ala carte options that are standard with the competition. Only annoyance is that when you need to park it for an extended period the battery will drain down, there is no "long term stand bye mode". Total plus of this design is the navigation, you can disable it and drive fr weeks without seeing an annoying navigation warning. Nice job Porsche!

51050