Used 2006 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Reviews

Used Cayenne for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Best car I have ever owned

Terry frranke, 07/09/2016
4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Still great car after almost 11 years. Still looks great - classic. 125,000 miles and close to zero maintenance issues.

My Little Euro Head Turner

Jennifer Lawson Perez, 10/17/2015
Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We love ours. It runs like a champ and has that sophisticated look that one comes to expect from Porsche. We especially love how quiet it runs and the steering. We had a BMW X5 before, but this SUV is much more elegant, comfortable, stable and attractive. Asked to update this review 4/21/2016...Still love this car!

Cayenne Rocks!

smcayenne, 05/13/2011

I bought my 2006 CPO in 2010 and love it. It has been incredibly reliable and it drives like a sports sedan. It is the perfect size-plenty of room but I don't feel like I'm driving a bus. It is incredibly responsive, great acceleration and power and true 4wd.

A White Elephant

Steve B, 11/27/2017
S 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

Yes, the Cayenne S has performance, it is downhill from there. I have had the car for 14 years, currently at 165 K miles. But the repairs and regular upkeep drives me nuts. You need a new set of tires every 15,000 miles ($1500). You need new brakes every 25,000 miles ($2500), replacing the battery will cost you $1000 because the stupid battery is located under the driver seat. Here is a partial list of things that went wrong - power steering fluid leaked (bad seal), turn light bulbs in the headlight assembly would blow up every 5,000 miles - stopped replacing . The fancy terrain following headlamps don't work too well, power train shaft had to be replaced, engine vacuum problem, all eight ignition coils had to be replaced ($800), gas tank fuel pump plastic flanges cracked ($1500), even the washer fluid container cracked. I had to sue Porsche in small claims court to get them pay for the fuel pump replacement ( a recall item). If you have cash to burn , go ahead buy a Porsche - otherwise stay away.

Love this car!!

Ricki Kanter, 01/19/2016
Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned this car for ten years and could go for another ten except for I'm wanting to go electric. Just ordered my new TeslaX. I've never enjoyed driving more or felt safer than in my Porsche.

Fix the tranny

NABMAN, 07/07/2008

The Cayenne is great. High performance, fast, corners well, luxurious and well built. Excellent performance on the highway but this vehicle has one major problem- the tranny. In the city, it is not nimble enough to weave in and out of traffic. It is hard to control. Too fast or your punching it to switch gears. The acceleration is inconsistent. (I understand they changed this in the 08) The tranny takes forever to decide which gear it should go into and this creates lag. If you are accustomed to high performance cars in the city, you will feel this. Likely to save gas, the tranny shifts up too quickly and down late in normal slow city driving. I have had this reset and am told thats it

second time around

sonogun, 04/18/2014

This 2006 replaced my 2004 turbo. Strangely, it is not as peppy in that the tranny does not adapt quickly enough for your spirited driving mood. This prompted me to put it on an all wheel Dino and it is putting out on the first pull but suffers from heat sink on the second and third pull. My 2004 lost the heating pipes and the Cardon shaft along the way to 100,000 miles where it loss the fuel pumps. During that span I did two brake jobs, replacing rotors both times. My 2006 six had 60,000 when I bought it and after 20.000, I have had zero repair cost.

Porsche has paint issues!

kb, 06/15/2006

I just purchased my first Porsche. I traded a beatiful Lexus GX470 that I wish I had back. Although the Porsche is fun to drive and I like the look, I have had several issues with the flat black paint. You can breathe on the paint and it scratches. It is only two months old and looks worse than most cars that are years old. The dealership has tried to put a band- aide on it and they keep cleaning it up really pretty. I am afraid to see what this car looks like in 6 months to a year. I cannot believe that a company like Porsche would offer such a poor quality paint! This should not even be an option!

A Great SUV

NurburgDriver, 01/28/2007

I read some of the negative reviews about the Cayenne and had to respond with some qualifiers. This is the best "handling" SUV you can buy. It handles corners and drives better than any other SUV however, if you are expecting superior acceleration then please don't buy a 6 cylinder. If you buy an SUV and expect acceleration from a 6 cylinder you need to study up on "power to weight ratio". Get this truck if you want an SUV that handles and drives beautifully. Do not get this truck if you think it's a Porsche which you can take on the track. I think Porsche did a fantastic job. If you are looking for an SUV that handles great and drives very well, look no further.

Best SUV

John, 05/25/2007

I have to say this is the best SUV on the market, hands down. Ride comfort, true utility and of course the Porsche acceleration and tuned exhaust make driving the Cayenne S a must. Ergonomics are perfect, even for a guy my size (6'3" and 375#). Turning radius is much better than expected. It's takes a bit of getting used to the transmission which solidly downshifts, keeping you always in an optimum engine torque range. Very tight in corners. Options and controls are intuitive, no problem getting to know the bells and whistles without reading the owner's manual (the manly thing). Interior lighting at night is exceptionally well engineered.

12345...7