Used 2003 Oldsmobile Alero Consumer Reviews

Used Alero for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

Loving It!

Loving It!, 06/19/2008

I love this car. What I really wanted was a grand am but i couldn't get one due to my credit so i got the closest one to it. I absolutely love this car! It has about 111K on it, it has a few squeals in the front i think its just because I hit a pothole too hard and the ignition sticks a bit but nothing serious so far. I love that it has that sporty feel to it and it beats the hell out of my Mercury Tracer I had.

Great Car, so far.

Chris, 07/25/2008

I purchased my car from a private dealer that buys wrecked vehicles at auctions and repairs them. The fact that it had a salvage title made me a little weary but I couldn't complain for $4500 and only 32k miles. The only problem I've had so far is the wheel bearings at around 45k miles, could be from wreck. Although the motor is strong for a 4 banger it could use a little more power from the get go. A little tip for the gas mileage, buy a k&n air filter and use Lucas fuel injector cleaner every oil change, I was getting about 28 mpg average and now 33 mpg average. I have had a problem with hydroplaning in heavy rain even with brand new tires maybe because the car sits so low to the ground

Tough to trade in

Greg, 09/05/2008

I bought my Alero new and have had no problems with it at all. Anything that did go wrong was covered under warranty. Car has been so reliable that now 6 years into it, I'm having a hard time letting it go to trade in. I think I'm going to keep it. Handles great (I loaded the options when I ordered it). Only complaint is the V6 is a gas hog but makes up for it in the handling and power dept. Too bad Olds closed down.

Problems with Security System

voiceinharmony, 09/10/2008

I bought my car used with 25K on it. It has great power when you drive it but does not give very good gas mileage, about 28 mpg. After it hit 60K I started having problems with the Security System. Basically, my car could start. I was able to find out in the Manual that it has a Pass Lock Safety Lock. So in order to start the car you have to leave it on for 10 minutes on the ON ignition key. So far I've heard it may take $300 to fix the problem. I also have a click, click sound on my signals that won't go away.

Down with the quickness

ken, 10/01/2008

I bought my alero in march of 05, it had 73,000 miles now in Oct of 08 117456 no problems replaced front brakes a year ago tops, and one tune- up. V6, power everything 0-60 5.4sec pretty impressive. rides a little rough I thought mine did great in the snow. Unplowed country roads after 8 inches of snow never got it stuck. it is a glorified grand am i would definitely own another one

12345...18