Used 1998 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Consumer Reviews

$8,995

Used SL-Class for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

SL500

Robert Reese, 03/27/2004

The SL500 is a dream vehicle. The power to weight ratio makes it a thrill to drive. Although it is a sports car it drives like a touring sedan. I can drive for hours and not feel tired of driving, like in others vehicles I have driven. It is a stylish vehicle that always turns heads. The engineering of the vehicle never ceases to amaze me. The only drawback has been the storage of the hardtop while not in use (9 months in New Orleans). The design engineers have corrected that in 2002, but I still love the body style of the 1998.

Great Car

roach, 04/12/2004

It has been fun for me to own this car for the last two years. Drives like a dream. Highly recommended

Great value - near prefect sports car

AWR, 10/12/2004

I was driving an E420 and felt it a bit lacking in, well, fun! My search included Porsches and Vettes but I decided on an SL class. New body style hit the market and these started to fall within reach of a whole new buyer's market. I sugest buying on condition rather than mileage. High miles just means you'll pay less not that you'll get less car. Repairs can be costly as with any high-end automobile. Hardtop starage is a problem for those with limited space i.e. apartment/condo dwellers. In Chicago, its off by tax day and on by halloween so you'll be storing it half the year. AMG Sorts package is the best value.

The SL to own right now.

TwoPynts, 05/24/2006

Drives like a dream with the looks and comfort one would expect from a high end Merc. I always feel like a million bucks driving this car. Great handling and easy to drive. What is not to like about this thing?!? With the latest body style now around for a few years, prices have really dropped on these cars and they are well worth the money. I for one love the stock stereo.

V-12 SL class

jake, 01/04/2007

A good ride and is very, very fast. Love the style of the body and hard top. Sweet car!