Used 1998 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Consumer Reviews

$8,995

Used SL-Class for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

sl500 is a gem, I will forever own one!

troy lair, 07/06/2016
SL500 2dr Convertible

These cars are amazing, and to buy one now, you can be sure to get a much better deal than the brand new price tag of $100K. Not alot to warn you about other than you will be at the gas station more frequently than the average car as this baby likes gas a lot. other than that, she is a beaut. for someone like me, 6.4 tall, she can be a bit snug getting in and out of the drivers side, but the passengers side is not a problem at all.

Nothing Else Compares, Nothing

John-Rodger, 09/04/2009

I am the original owner of this car, my last SL I kept for 16 yrs; I plan to keep this car, hell I plan to be buried in this car. It is a head turner, a turn taker, nothing is safer. After 10 years I still think 'wow' every time I climb in and crank it up. I don't even look at other cars on the road, and I have owned them all. PS In ten years, aside from regular service the car has been 'in the shop' ONCE

SL500 SL1 & Panoramic Roof

Barry, 09/17/2009

I had driven a 1984 380SL for a while in 1987 and fell in love! Fast forward twenty years, and I decided to go with the R129, and 1998 was the last year for the twin cam 48 valve engine, so I looked for the Sport model with a Panoramic roof. Love the car! Very glad I went this route. The hard top still feels more "open" being mostly glass, so winter is less of a drag. I just feel good driving it, anywhere, anytime. I've had a number of nice cars, but the SL is extraordinary in so many ways that I believe I will always want one. My wife and I take trips with our 45 pound Golden Retriever and even she loves it! Service is costly, but not frequent, so I highly recommend this fantastic machine!!!

not to be missed

Syl Stys, 03/24/2010

I owned a 1956 190SL while stationed in Germany when I was a much younger man and always wanted another one. Well I couldn't afford that '56 now but the modern engineering, comfort and style of my "new" SL make up for it. Sitting in this one I can see and feel the DNA connection to that beautiful '56. You will not regret owning and driving this masterpiece. Shop wisely, do your homework, then enjoy. Very affordable.

A SUPER AUTOMOBILE

WIL, 07/14/2004

This vehicle is a thrill to drive and it is everything Mercedes says it is. I was very impressed with the power and quick response. If there is any down-side...it would be shoulder/hip room; I am 6'6" about 270lbs and it's just a fit.