Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews

Used M-Class for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...16

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Old Reliable

richard haehl, 03/31/2017
ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I have owned this car over 10 years and it has been a pleasure to own. Pretty simple compared to new cars but a very reliable vehicle with many good years left. I would not hesitate to buy one this age with high miles. My wife says it is time to sell. She just wants something new with a little more horsepower! The suspension seemed a little soft after 10 years so I put new Bilstein shocks and springs under it to improve the handling. I had new bearings put in the all wheel drive unit that Mercedes always denied having an issue with. Mercedes fix is a new $4500 unit. You can buy the bearings for about $300 and a mechanic can do the repair in less than a half day. I like the 2008 because it is the 48 state engine without the urea addition that resulted in the run flat tires in 2009.

4 out of 5 stars

4.88 out of 5 stars

My 2nd MLV8!

RockyM, 02/19/2009
ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I traded in my 2006 ML500 for this 2008ML550 because I wanted a few more options such as a hitch and backup camera. My 06ML was wonderful and I had no problems for the three years I owned it! My new 08ML550 is awesome! The extra 80 hp makes it even more powerful (ML500 was fast to me) and the gas mileage is about the same! How do they do that? The quality is top notch and this vehicle is so much fun to drive! Love it!

2008 ML 550 - Be careful Toyota fans

2008-550MLBeast, 04/26/2008
ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Nothing less than what I expected from Mercedes. You've done it again! Performance like I've never seen before. Comfort plus unbelievable speed. Not for the Toyota/Lexus girls & guys.... This is way too much vehicle for you! Thank you Mercedes- Benz!

3.5 out of 5 stars

Probably not worth the investment

spicoli2, 11/25/2011
ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this car new in October 2007. I have general dislikes about this vehicle and the cost of ownership. First, the SUV has 37k miles on it and I am on my 3rd set of tires at $1100 per set (including mounting and balancing). MBUSA says it's due to the weight of the vehicle and that the tires available are soft (whatever you do DO NOT buy Continental 4X4 contacts for this car). Second, there are many, many little things that for a MB are un acceptable like, front defroster only has one setting, which is high, then you need to play the on/off game with it when the windows fog up, the radio does not display the song or artist, the alarm makes no audio sound to indicate it is alarmed, ect

Proud Owner of ML 350

Manny, 07/07/2010
ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Back in 2008, I test drove Volvo, BMW, Audi, Acura. Finally I chose ML350. I believe in my life I have always made wrong decisions, but I have never regretted my ML350 purchase. Then I bought Audi Q7 2010 for my wife, but somehow it has failed to gain my loyalty. Even after 60,000 miles my MB drives like a newborn. Amazing SUV.

12345...16