Used 2006 Maserati GranSport Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Maserati GranSport Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GranSport model:

Underrated Modern Classic! Buy while you still can
By Michael

2006 Maserati GranSport LE 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car requires a special kind of buyer. It's finniky, and the electro-hydraulic clutch takes some getting use to. You NEVER see them on the road, and they sound amazing. The torque is unreal. If you don't like a very stiff ride, consider a Formula Dynamics 18 in wheel with higher profile tire.

Incredible Value
By scinfidel

2006 Maserati GranSport LE 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

After I sold my 911 Turbo('02 996tt) I wasn't sure what I wanted.. When a friend suggested I look at a Gransport or Gran Turismo, I drove them both and loved both of them. Easy to say, the Turbo is much faster but the Gransport is just much more satisfying. I chose the Gransport for a couple reasons; 1st, at $32k it's an incredible value 2nd, it's lighter and unless you buy the 4.7, the GT feels much slower. The sound, the engine flexibility, the way it revs... it's just an awesome vehicle. You hear, usually from internet warriors who've no idea what they are talking about, that these are unreliable or poorly made but my experience has been the complete opposite. I'm not sure if there is a real downside to this car, the stereo sucks but seriously is that even worth mentioning?

What a Car!
By Gerard Collette

2006 Maserati GranSport LE 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Probably the finest car, and ear to ear smile you will get for under 40k! Ferrari engine sexy Italian interior and not your everyday sports car. After many Porsches in my life I went Italian and it's more than a fine automobile but a passion mobile!

Addictive car!
By CD-F1

2006 Maserati GranSport LE 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned this car since new for 2 years. Mine is the MC Victory edition. It is one of my favorite cars to drive if not the best. I have and had Ferrari F430, MB Amgs CLK 55, SL 55, Porsche Boxster S. You never get bored of this beauty. The sound is definitely addictive and the handling is great. I must add though that I installed aftermarket anti-roll bars as for track driving the suspension even in sport mode is more GT than Sport car biased (a little soft). I truly enjoy driving this bella machina daily to work and taking it to Lime Rock and put it through its paces! Can't get enough of it. Maserati should consider bringing a newer version of this car. (Not the Gran Turismo)

Sound, acceleration, handling.

Stiffer suspension though it will be harsh on crummy US roads.

Awesome value
By Andy

2006 Maserati GranSport LE 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have been driving this car every day to work since the end of summer. It has proven to be a totally reliable, strong performing GT which is much more fun and exciting to drive than anything German. It feels like a bargain Ferrari - which is exactly what it is. If you need four seats and a supercar you can use everyday, this is it. I own and have owned several BMWs, Ferraris and Maseratis, and the Gransport is one of the best balanced cars I've ever had. It combines strong performance, great looks and solid build quality.

Performance, super-fast gearbox, awesome noise with sports exhaust, fun fun fun to drive. Awesome handling.

11 mpg in heavy traffic could be improved. Could do with an extra 50HP, the chassis could easily take it.