Used 2000 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews

$963 - $2,315

Used LS for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

lincoln LS

llsrunner, 07/30/2002

Well made car. no issues at all, still solid as a rock

SCORE !

birdmanjones, 08/01/2002

Lincoln did a great job in breaking the mid size sport sedan market. Bigger with comparable performance to the BMW 5 without the "biff" image. Also nice that it's not produced in mass numbers where they're on every corner.

Watch the valet attendents

VGreen, 08/04/2002

I've enjoyed driving my car until the valet drive decided to have fun speeding through the parking lot on a cold rainy night, but the dealership I bought it from fixed it beautifully and it drives like a dream again. With the exception of the rear window arm breaking a couple of times, there have been no (knock on wood) problems.

lincoln ls

blake, 08/03/2002

simply over priced,and extreamly over rated.i experienced nothing but costly problems and the lincoln service is not swell,unless your the type of person that like to be without a car!..lol. overall looks,id have to say the car looks sporty and classy.

great sport sedan

jodyak, 08/13/2002

I love the way this car handles. It is smalle enough to get into parking space easily but large enough to carry passengers with having the luxury of having a sports car feel. I love the way this vehicle handles curves and sticks to the road. Get for driving in the mountains or just down the highway. The interior doesn't leave a lot of leg room for taller people though.

2000 Lincoln LS - A Good Buy

Lou Master, 08/19/2002

I initially found out about this car when I received an article from Motor Trend in the mail. The article described how the car was developed. It truly caught my interest. Ended up leasing a V8 with the sport package for the 17" wheels) and the Alpine radio upgrade. Should have bought from the beginning. The first year had to have the car in the shop for several nusiance repairs (turn signal, radio hum, seat and body trim, exhaust heat shield, etc). Even though all this was covered by warranty ant they provided a loaner, it was annoying and inconvient. After this period,things have been ok.

Love-Hate relationship

JSS, 08/22/2002

I love the way the car handles and looks, but have had more than my share of problems! One rear end rebuild, 2 rear axles and bearings replaced, 4 headlight units relaced, and airbag problems, have me thinking about a replacement car already!

Lincoln Fun

viv, 08/24/2002

I love the looks of the Lincoln LS and it is fun to drive.

Great Car

Hodge, 08/23/2002

Have been unable to find any flaws with car. So far, I have not experienced any problems or disappointment. The car is fun to drive and I fell the V6 has adequate power. I have owned quite a few different makes and models and I would definitely say this is my favorite. I could ay the interior storage intially was a concern, but my previous car had a lot of storage and it was actually full of junk. I have not missed the storage except in a few instances.

I Love This Car!!!!

Lolaj42, 09/01/2002

While being totally practical with room for 4 adults AND a Child safety seat, this car is an EXCELLENT sports sedan. The handling is phenomenal, and the Select Shift Transmission is great for negotiating twisting mountian roads. Power is more than adequate with passing power in abundance. I've had absolutely no trouble in over 2.5 years of ownership and the build quality is as good as I've ever had (15 years of prior Asian brands). This car is an absolute joy to drive hard!

2000 Lincoln LS Has Some Problems

Alex1456, 09/22/2002

Good and fun car to drive, with plenty of styling, luxury and sporty feel. Unfortunately, also has design flaws including electric window (breakdown every few months), headlight seals leak and trim design are defects. Overall, not a bad luxury sport car but designers and engineers need to go back and get it right.

Worse than my 74 Fiat

Mike Bauer, 10/18/2002

Overall this car was a good idea by Ford, but a bad try, flawed in execution and design. Two transmissions replaced, several recalls, stranded us several times. Spent months at a time in the dealership garage. A real lemon. If you buy one of these used (I recommend you don't!) have them run your VIN Number and get a reapir history and make them throw in an extended warranty. Car looked good, handled well, decent performance, poor fuel economy.

Nice to look at, but VERY poor quality

BAR, 11/05/2002

Very simply, constantly in the shop from the second day of ownership. Heated seat never worked, power window stopped working, lights went out, wipers went out, trim falls off, thermostat went out, seatbelt incorrectly installed, power locks went out, and on and on. I tried to be a patriot and got really badly burned. This is NOT a luxury automobile.

Great Used Car Buy

JonP, 10/03/2002

What a great car! Good for me it depreciates fast. I have owned Bimmer's, Volvo's, SAAB's, and others and the fit finish is great. The value for the used car dollar is awesome!

Great Value

derekzane, 09/30/2002

I leased the v8 sport 2 years ago and it still feels like a new vehicle. This car has got to be one of the best luxury cars for the money on the street. I test drove the more expensive jag and mercedes sedans and did not find them noticeably better. I would strongly recommond this car to everyone. The only issues I have is the delay in acceleration and the fact I have had my rear windows worked on 3x.

LS Review

Robert User, 12/26/2002

Have had a number of anoyances with electrical system. The transmisson had to be repaired the first month. Service has been poor.

Farrell LincolnLS V8

Farrell D Hass, 12/30/2002

Great Car for 35,000. I have loved my car for 2 years. I would buy another for the quality and price.

The Lincoln LS Delivers!

ezaircon4jc, 03/01/2002

This the most fun I've had driving in a loooooong time! The LS handles beautifully. I find myself looking for reasons to drive!

Nice Looks, Poor Quality

2000 LS Owner, 01/09/2003

The car looks great and has many nice interior features and conveniences. From that perspective, I can't complain. However, I have spent way too much time taking this car to the dealership for repairs. The transmission was replaced at 22K miles. The new one is not much better. 4 Engine coils rusted out and were replaced. The build quality and materials used are definitely sub- standard. There are many rattles and vibrations and noises from the dashboard and the cabin in general. Many of them were fixed only to reappear. The car is an overall dissapointment. Last Lincoln I will buy!

A Great Automobile

dharris, 03/01/2002

I have spent over 45,000 trouble free miles in this car. During this time the car has not failed to start or act up in any other way. Dealer has replaced interior door handles and headlights (due to leaking).

Great Car but........

BANKS FAMILY, 01/20/2003

First and foremost, this is a great baby lincoln. It was perfect for my adorable wife to drive to work in and I loved seeing her in it. That being said, the build quality was shabby. It is in the shop alot for buttons falling off or power windows or headlights. Really fun to drive when on the road.

Awesome Luxury Sedan

Good Times, 03/02/2002

My brother owns a '00 LS and it is a BLAST to drive. It has that kick in the pants with agile handling. The acceleration is very responsive. As for the back window...he hasn't had any problems yet. The interior is luxurious without all the useless and confusing buttons found in the european cars. If you are looking for a comfortable sports car with room for 5 passengers, this baby is for you.

My Lincoln The Lemon

Craig2o, 01/28/2003

Please be careful buying this car, there are several Electrical Problems and Ford does not care. REPEATED PROBLEMS: Car does not start sometimes, locks fail and work off and on, windows stop working, headlights fill with water, interior lights stop working.

Great Car

azbmw18, 02/09/2003

After owning our BMW's decided to take on chance on tis car after an extended test drive. 3 years later I still love this car. Numerous long trips confirms this is drivers car.

Vroom - PUTT PUTT -Cough

Phillie Dee, 02/11/2003

European Sedan handling but road noise is too intrusive. Gas mileage is disappointing and one major problem with the Engine, when pushed at a high rpm range for normal passing,the engine breaks up and misses. Ford claimed that it's normal, but I did not buy that line of bunk, especially for a performance sedan. The Dealer is arguing with Ford about it now. We have a loaner, but Once fixed and the warranty is close to expiration, this car is history. I will go back to my full size Mercury's which offer much better value in room, comfort and reliability.

lincoln ls

hootie, 06/11/2003

Beautiful car all around, awsome handling,beautiful look,inside and out, def. a head turner..

Fun Car

gbones, 08/04/2003

A Mustang with 4 doors

Great car!!

Stuart Knoll, 08/24/2003

I am very fussy about performance, engineering and the overall package. Since this was a new design I was concerned about reliability and performance. I have not been let down and will buy another LS when the time comes, it compares to any of the higher priced European I have driven. This is a great car at a great price especially if you buy at a program car price one year to 18 months out.

Should have gotten an IMPORT!

AndyLuck, 09/06/2003

the ls was nice when i 1st purchased it. smooth, classy & stylish. thats until a month later i had to take it to the shop and ever since. i been having to take it in every other month for a problem. it seems endless. worst yet, for some reason, no other auto machanic place will service the car. not even for breaks???? there is only one lincoln dealer in this city and they stink at the repairs. the problem comes back everytime. nothing gets fixed. this car is an american headache. get an import!

Not a bad luxury car.

Mike Taylor, 09/29/2003

Great handling car, lousy center console (cant even find a place to put sunglasses or even a pen). Plastic console construction squeeks terribly. Otherwise, besides the rear window mechanisms falling apart with the windows dropping into the doors ('03 Ford has admitted design flaw and warranties window assemblies up to 50k miles). Overall, great car, fun to drive, kind of bland looking, but who cares. Resale value is surprisingly low, which if I was looking for a nice used luxury car, a '00 LS V8 with 50k miles is a steal at $16K.

Best Used Car Out There

JPF, 09/30/2003

This is the best used car for the bucks out there. Only had a buzz in the radio but found a lose wire under the rear shelf. Besides that oil and gas are the only things this car needed to go 30K miles.

Lincoln LS longterm

rgolewis, 01/11/2005

I have had my ls for 30,000 miles it now has 51,000 on it and the repair costs are starting to add up. Valve covers leak oil onto the exhaust manifold $450. Thermostat $330. Dealer took care of heated seats and window regulators while the car was under warranty. I think that most ls owners have had these same problems and if not will in the future. To bad ford has not taken care of these known problems or improve on the newer models. Overall the car handles and looks great. Fun to drive on trips best on winding mountain roads.

Josie's LS

josieb, 10/10/2003

I have a 2000 Lincoln LS V8, Ivory Parchment color with taupe interior. After driving this car for 3 years, the performance is still excellent. I get great gas mileage and have had no mechanical problems. This is a "classy" vehicle & it has proven to be very durable. I found three negative aspects about this vehicle. One, the "blind spot" between the front and rear windows; two, the cup holders will only fit a regular sized container; three, the front passenger seat does not adjust beneath the knees. I love MY LS, this is a lease vehicle and my lease. I have not found another vehicle that I like more and will either purchase this one or lease a new one.

Great looks & performance...poor quality

skparker, 10/24/2003

This is a great looking car...lots of power and super handling. But it had just too many problems to list...transmision, rear end, front suspension, it ate tires (3 sets in 72k miles...mostly hiway!). The service mgr at the dealer once told me I just had to accept the shimmy in the front end. Trim pieces (back of seats, door panels) kept falling off, the CD player would quit after a couple of hours. I just got tired of leaving it with the dealer. By the end of the lease, I couldn't WAIT to get out of it.

Fantastic Used Car

Noreen, 10/31/2003

Had this car for only a month, but admired co-worker's for a year. She adores hers and, so far, I feel the same. Immediately had a problem with headlight retaining water after car was washed, but it was still under original warranty, so dealer had it replaced pronto. Car handles beautifully, V8 is quick to respond, great trunk space including rear fold-down seats, lots of cool dash features that I haven't completely learned yet, quiet and smooth ride for its size. I have noticed it to be a sexy head-turner, even though it is exceedingly elegant. Car is everything I hoped it would be.

quirky

m_yount, 05/12/2005

I bought this car about 2 years ago. It has just the right balance of sport and luxury. I can get into traffic as quickly as I need, and It also has a very comfy ride.

On my second one....

bcgal29, 12/08/2003

This car is great. This is my second LS. My first one was a 2001 Luxury model, this one is the Sport. Car handles as good as a BMW or Jag. I love my LS and plan to get a newer model soon. This one's up to 64,000 and the only major investments have been tires and front breaks.

Excellent Luxury Sport

sax, 12/13/2003

Wanted a bimmer, but couldn't afford it. This car is great! I can't wonder why there aren't more of them on the road. An automatic chick magnet.

Value? We'll see

Fred S., 12/31/2003

Having been in the auto industry it's no secret that there is no better value then a couple year old lincoln. Neighbors think you paid 40G, but beware make sure there is plenty left on your warranty. We have six monthes of warranty left and were starting to get a bit nervous. Headliner drooping, headlight covers leaking, airbag light always coming on, both rear wheels needed bearings, numerous vibrations and rattles. But I paid 45% under MSRP, the engine has been solid, my wife is happy! and it cost me less then a Taurus.

NOT a reliable or quality vehicle

BrettCFA, 02/06/2004

I loved the look of this car and I have also found it to drive very well. HOWEVER, the problems that I have had are unbelievable. Leaking headlights, trim parts consistently falling off, rear windows failing, water in driverside door, driver seat heater didn't work, windshield wiper literally flew off first time used, heater went out twice, oil leaking from valve covers, etc... Simply not reliable. I was promised a vehicle when mine was serviced, but always got an argument from dealer.

Wonderful Trip Car

ReneLeBlanc, 02/02/2006

We bought our 2000 Lincoln LS V8 Sport model after I retired because we planned to take many more long driving trips. The Lincoln LS has not disappointed us. It is the best car I have ever owned.

my lincoln ls

ameriyens, 02/21/2004

This is my first Lincoln(LS, V8). I can't explain in words, I'm So in Love. I have friends with Mercedes, after riding in my car, They fell cheated with their cars.

Fun, but,...

SactoRed, 02/25/2004

Bought this 5 speed used w/3k (company car). Only problems have been with rear window regulators (repalced 2x). Not much low end torque but a blast to drive once I switched tires and the engine seemed to loosen up. Fit and finish better than the town car it replaced, paint also holding up better. Drove a V8 loaner and loved the extra power - missed the shifter.

Fasle Expectations

Mark, 03/28/2006

This car rode great for the first year of ownership, after that, things started falling apart. Took it to the dealer twice for transmission problems. I have replaced the tires twice to reduce road noise and interior noise from the engine is bad. Scheduled maintenance on this car is expensive, interior materials like imitation wood trim and vinyl are of the lowest quality and I can't wait to get out of it. I expected better quality from Lincoln.

problems

jthib, 03/05/2004

side impact airbag deployed just riding down the road, transmission failed at apx. 45,000mi, poor handling for its class. nice car but very overpriced and rides more like a sports car than a sedan

Good Used Car

HipHop, 03/08/2004

I was between the LS and the Lexus ES300, got a better deal on the LS so went for it - Decent power and awesome handling - There were a bunch of problems with the '00 LS's so I would recommend a newer one if funds allow, otherwise buy the extended warranty and you should be ok - I also think the car is very safe

fisherprice or ford, lego or lincoln

brian hughes, 03/12/2004

Luxury car with a toy engine.I do tend to have the best looking car on the side of the road and the flasher are the best working part on it.My car now has oil leaking around the oring gaskets onto the spark plugs.This oil causes the plugs to foul out making my car cut out.The dealer could not find this problem that makes the cab of t he car smell like burnt oil until the warrant was over then they wanted to charge me for it.The transmision jerks hard when you first put it in gear.The dual climate control get stuck turning the heat on full blast on the driver side.Pass.side heated seat don't work.Both power rear window regulators have broke.

My First Ford product

leadfoot4, 03/24/2004

I was always a GM buyer, however when they discontinued their RWD models, I was forced to look elsewhere. I had heard some things about the LS, so my interest was aroused. I took my wife to the dealership to test drive one. Although she wasn't initally won over by the rather conservative styling, she was impressed with the way the car handled. It's very sporty and responsive, yet is still very comfortable. We've had the car 4 years, and the car has just over 30,000 miles. We've had no major problems with the car. Bottom line, we really like this car, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a medium sized, sport sedan.

Hot Rod Lincoln

billy b., 04/27/2004

i love it! fun, luxurious, and handles like a dream on the back roads to my suburban home.

"My Lincoln LS Experience!"

ALPHA37, 05/02/2004

My Lincoln LS V8 dominates the road, is attractive, and classy!! Consistently.

51050