Used 2010 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

I've owned my Sedona for 6 years & 105k miles.
By Fowler911

2010 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2010 as a used rental car with 11,000k and now I am at almost 106k. The remaining warranty was for only 60k (only original owners get 110k), and only had to use it once to replace the fuel pump at 23k, since it was giving off a humming noise. Dealer replaced with no haggle. My trusted mechanic has been maintaining it and is impressed with it's quality. Yes, it isn't the top of the line in luxury, but we purchase our vehicles for the long haul and want reliability, comfort and safety over the high techie offerings. I know this minivan will go the distance with me for another several years and thousands of miles. My other 2 minivans (1988 Dodge Caravan & 2000 Chevy Venture) needed new transmissions at 100k, but this baby is still going strong! Mine came with Sirius radio which I just recently enrolled in, I have a single CD player and one USB port and I love the backup sensors which I've never had before. I'm sure it isn't the quietest ride around, but I truly enjoy the look and feel of this model and the cargo capacity works exceptionally well as an additional truck for my husband's upholstery business. All-in-all, I love my Sedona - it has gone the distance with literally no repairs so my investment has been well worth it. I would definitely consider buying another Kia!

Update: It is now 2 years later and my Sedona is still running great at 126k!

Step down
By eddocw

2010 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

From Oldsmobile Silhouette to this. 4 miles less per gallon of gas than my 1999 and 2004. Rides like a dump truck, loud, poor cornering, terrible in snow with good snow tires. Doors freeze shut in winter. Wiper blades clear only part of the visual field. Rear wiper can only be obtained at a dealership and lasts about six months for $ 25.00 Side mirrors poorly suited to the vehicle. Cheap arm rests that fail constantly. Worst radio in automotive history. There is nothing that could convince me to try this vehicle again.

None

Back to the drawing board.

2010 Sedona Brakes
By kia2010owner

2010 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The rotors on my Sedona 2010 always stress on a downgrade.
The whole system vibrates and sounds like it will fail. Car has less than 35,000.
Dealer told me it is the way I drive. I live on flat land with little or no traffic to stress system.
One "Goodwill Warranty" machined front brake 7/7 and rear brake 6/6.
Within 3 months I had to drive the same grade...huge vibration.
Immediately took car to dealer...Insisted I needed to replace all rotors (approx $500.)..Took to my local brake specialist...$70.00 ..machined left front rotor...pads good.
Did not need to replace rotors.
Again 6 months later brakes vibrate on a downhill grade.
Anyone else experiencing this?

Latent Battery Related Issues
By mytwocents

2010 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased in March 2010, roughly 6 months later began having unexplained occurrences of the battery dying. Dealer found nothing wrong, yet the issue persists sporadically even to this day.

Best surprise in less expensive minivan!
By rustynutz

2010 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

bought used with 33,000 from car rental, saved $$$$. Changed to mobile one oil, took a 2,000 mile trip from SA TX to Wich KS and back, plus sight seeing. Averaged 25mpg running mostly 80mph.
Pros:
Great seating, acceleration, handling, traction and braking.
good visability, low road noise, lots of storage places and plenty of drink holders.
Well placed controls, easy to access while driving. Good factory window tinting, dual A/C keeps everyone comfy.
Getting around 18 mpg in town.
Cons:
Can't think of any yet, will post later if I find any.

Great front visabilitly Electric everything for controls, well laid out. 3.8L 244 HP engine needs the traction control to keep you on the road, great power on pull out and passing!! Better than the 3.5L 2010 Dodge Charger, couldn't believe the guts this thing has! Rear camera or back up alarm, both great safety features.

Maybe a center console with cooling beverage storage between the front buckets. Change middle seats to stow and go, like rear seats.