Used 2010 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews

$3,900

Used Accent for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Best car I've ever had

rose313, 08/22/2012

I bought my 2010 Accent GLS with 25k miles on it and I now have 40k after 9 months. This has been the best 9 months of driving I've ever had. I wanted a cheap car that was okay on gas and wouldn't fall apart. I got so much more than I expected. I have not had any serious problems. I got the headlights replaced under warranty because one was clouded and had water in it, and I got the starter replaced also under warranty. There is plenty of space for myself, my tall boyfriend, and a ton of bags and suitcases for when we go on trips. I get exactly what Edmunds suggests for gas mileage. I love the steering wheel audio controls, the XM radio, and the comfy seats. So much value in one little car!

Try to find a better built car for the $

Hyundaiman, 11/16/2010

I purchased this car brand new in 8/2010. Price before taxes was $10,400. I never owned a Hyundai before, previously I've owned Subaru's. Long story short, my last car was an OB Sport SE, I put it on Autotrader & basically sold it for what I paid for it 3 years ago when it was new. I felt like saving some money given the crazy recession & decided to get a simple commuter car. Although the Subaru is a better car in every way this little Accent has been a pleasant surprise for what it is. It's sporty looking, interior is high quality, I average 40 mpg & it's crash tests are good. So far it has been reliable & I hope that I won't have to use the warranty.Heard that Hyundai service dept stinks!!

This car may have saved my life

Karen, 02/27/2010

Two days ago I was plowed into the driver's side by a Subaru, who suffered minimal damage to his car but mine had to be totaled. I've had several people say they are amazed I managed to walk away without a single scratch or bruise. I loved this car from the moment I test drove it but in the aftermath of my accident I am hooked for life just on the safety features. If little cars are your thing, get one of these!!

Very Happy With It!

zfair89, 03/14/2012

The sticker on the car said 14400, but they are very motivated to sell cars at Hyundai. After the trade-in of my crappy Grand AM and some rebates the car was under $10000. And it is loaded! everything except for cruise control. bought it in June of 2010 and have put close to 30k on it. great value. fun to drive. great on gas. recommend to commuters and college kids.

Cruise control issue

frustratedinOntario, 03/29/2010

When using the Cruise control rpm increase by 200-300 as opposed to using your foot to control speed. At 100 kph using your foot to control speed rpm are approx 2500. If using the Cruise option, at 100 kph the rpm are at 2800! This issue happens at all speed ranges, therefore, the vehicle does not get anywhere near the fuel mileage as advertised when using the Cruise control. Dealership finds the problem real and perplexing, Hyundai Canada says there is nothing wrong? So the consumer is stuck in the middle with no answers and no repair forthcoming. Not a very good intro to Hyundai for this first time Hyundai buyer.

Little car with a HUGE bang!

Geminijcm, 04/26/2010

Before buying a new car I test drove a Civic, Mazda 3, Corolla, and the Accent. This has been the best car I have owned for the price. It was 9,970 and I drove it off the lot for about 10,500. I have owned it for about 6 months now and it amazes more each day what this car offers. It has space in front seats and back, and even the trunk is just... huge! I average about 36 mpg on both Highway and City, but if I drive mostly on highway I get around 40 mpg. The 5 speed makes you forget this car is only 110hp. Since it is a Accent Blue the only option it had was a A/C.I just bought the basic (manual windows, locks, etc) and if it doesn't bother you,this is a car you would want to check out.

Just got it.

Bill, 12/01/2009

Bought it as a tow vehicle for my RV. First tank of gas got me 38 MPG. Only has AC. Basic Accent Blue. Runs good at 65 mph. Pretty quiet. Tows well.

Frank Hyundai Awesome dealership,

pashun, 07/08/2010

This is my first Hyundai, love this little car, fun to drive, love the color ice blue, frank Hyundai is a awesome dealership, sales manager is great. Everything is centrally located, I needed to cut my payments so I traded a Toyota, (long time Toyota customer) but with all the problems with Toyota, I decided to go to Hyundai, I am a senior and just needed a car to get from point a to b, felt this would be a great car for me, like the hatchback, gets to 60 with no problems, drives smooth on freeway and takes bumps in the road nicely, got the car for 11,810 got great payments also with a $2,000 rebate. Totally happy with my new car. Test drive one you will be surprised

I am happy with my Blue Hyundai Accent

David Sumner, 05/06/2010

2010 Accent is a well designed, well priced commute car. After owning 4 Toyota vehicles (i.e., Camry, Tercel, Echo, Yaris) I took my chances and bought a Hyundai Accent. Hyundai Accent is a surprisingly nice car for a very low price. Has a good design, and is roomy inside, and very fuel efficient. I strongly recommend it to first time car buyers, college students, those who need an economical second car for long commute,and young drivers. It is well worth the price you pay, and if it lasts like my past cars, I will be very very happy with my choice.

Average car, nice price, good reliability.

He!! on wheels, 05/08/2016
GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

2010 is the last model year that used a 4 speed automatic transmission and I can see why. It's clunky transmission and to do 70 on the highway you are over 3k RPM's on the tachometer. NO CRUISE CONTROL - what a nightmare that is. Had I realized, I wouldn't have bought it or made them put in an after market one before I bought. It is a pretty solid car though, handles bumps well. Pretty reliable and cheap to own. I'm at abuot 65k miles and I'm the first owner. Addendum: Near 100k now and still going strong. Some cosmetic things - the fiberglass body component off the back of the car - on the top of the hatch has lost its' clear coat and looks dull. The rest of the finish is still good though I garaged it most of its' life. A part of the exhaust rotted through necessitating a replacement of pipe and the front suspension is making noise - likely worn struts or whatever. One of the visors had a plastic component snap causing it to sag. Still reliably starts up every time and gets good gas mileage. Count me impressed.

Glad I got the one with the sun roof

Bill, 07/02/2010

I decided to put out the extra money for the top of the line. Larger tires and sunroof. Glad I did. First sunroof I've ever owned, and it's great. Car is fun to drive, great handling, though I wouldn't want to drive it on really rough roads--too bumpy. Two door hatchback is the way to go if you don't have kids.

Blue 2010 Accent Blue

Dave H, 08/05/2010

I bought this car new in July 2010. Great gas mileage, especially since I use the manual transmission for fuel economy vs speed. Averaged 40 MPG for the first tank 50/50 city/highway and am presently at 45 MPG on this second tank. I use a ScangaugeII to monitor MPG as well as other information about the car as I drive.

Best Little Car!

2010_hyundai, 12/19/2010

After owning my F250 Ford Crew Cab with a 460 gas burner, it has been nice to get the bleeding stopped. I looked at this car many times. I also looked at the Toyota Yaris. I kept coming back to the Accent because I felt the quality was the same and the price was better. I am so pleased with everything about this car. It drives so smooth. I love the simplicity too. I plan to have this car for a long time. It's all I need in a car. The interior has a high quality feel and look to it. Lots of little storage compartments. The back seat can fit 2 adults comfortably. I may have cruise control added later.

2nd car

Richard Johnson, 11/06/2016
GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Bought for work, never had a problem, went good in snow

great car

lynne Witnauer, 03/12/2010

I get 38 mpg plenty of power more than Toyota I paid 9900 dollars for car a new radio for the car is 170 dollars warranty is the best interior and exterior very Nice plenty of room inside great design inside and out I am very happy with car

Nice but viberates

Dan, 03/19/2010

I like it feels nice to drive, comfort, average 33mph do more hwy. as much as 38. The problem I have it has a vibration more noticeable at 58 or above, took it in to get checked they didn't know what it was, said another one had that also, was checking into it, bummer to feel that on a new car

My Cute Little Hatchback

tess, 04/14/2010

Love at first sight. In fact my husband asked me to go see the car personally and see how I feel about. Love the color "Ice Blue" No radio when we purchased it, but have it installed. Anyway, try one and see it for yourself......Just get the one that has a radio already built in. It's quite lonely driving when their is none. but all in all it's beautiful little car.

Hu

Hyundai, 06/09/2010

I just purchased a new 2010 Hyundai from Rock River Hyundai in Rockford, IL. I really like the car. It drives well. It's sporty looking and comfortable. I really like the option of extending the warranty to cover almost everything for 100,000 miles along w/ the powertrain coverage. I just purchased the car this Saturday so I'm just beginning the journey. I worked w/ wonderful people at Rock River Ford especially Pat Carter so I have assurance of good people standing behind their product. That's a good feeling. Thanks Hyundai for standing behind your product!

Fast purchase!

2010 Accent, 07/05/2010

The warranty and "return if you lose your job or too sick to work" (up to 1 year) made this purchase a great deal. We test drove 2 at different dealerships and didn't hesitate on buying this. We got the 5 speed manual after reading many reviews. We drove it in city and on the freeway and it handled beautifully.

a good buy

dmk, 08/02/2010

I have a muscle car for the summers. Needed a winter/run around car. Was looking at used, for $11.000 the car was a steal. auto, a/c. Worry free driving and in a strange way, fun little car to drive.

Fun Commuter

alessing, 07/22/2012

I've owned every car imaginable, F-150's, Hummer H2's, Ford Explorers, Audi's, etc. I currently own 2 Mercedes Benz and they're great cars, just not on gas. My first Accent was a company car w/ 87k miles. It was a comfortable car, great on gas, fun to drive, but severely under-powered. The auto transmission is sloppy and makes some hard shifts and cruise control isn't available. Beyond that I needed a commuter I could drive around and my son needed something too. This was perfect. My son can drive to school and work and I can go run errands. Despite the flaws, I love this car!

Bad Fuel Economy

Bob, 06/18/2010

The car is driven 98% highway doing the speed limit of 55 mph to 65 mph I watch the tachometer for any major changes in engine speed. The gas mileage is not even close to the sticker. I average 30 to 32 mpg, the sticker states 37 to 43 mpg.

i like my car but....

chancey, 03/10/2010

the only complaint i have is a big one, i would say this car gets about twenty miles per gallon period....my ninety five escort got way better mileage

WRECKED

Jack, 09/12/2017
GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Good car, awful safety. Very sketchy to drive. Lots of reoccurring problems. Brakes were crap even though they were "good" at inspection. 0.5/10

FLIMSY DIRT MAGNET

buggycrazy, 08/30/2011

Falling apart in 7,000 miles, side mirror cover bumped when shoveling snow, fell off, numerous dings in plastic bumper and interior, seats do not move or fold down enough, windshield cracked at 7,000, flat windows catch all kinds of crud constantly, too low of clearance, stupid shield interferes with oil change, semi sunk windshield catches all kinds of crud and is prone to having the drain holes freeze up then there is a lake in the window, with the wipers frozen into it. The rear tail light assembly is placed where it just begs to be hit - and so it has! Charger will not charge when key is off so is useless to charge my equipment, but it is safe to leave it out on the street with the keys in it and unlocked-no one will steal it! I bought this thing to save money, and that was a mistake, since it is too fragile for normal use I will not fix anything anymore and will have to save money by not washing it, all that dirt camouflages all the other stuff that is breaking up and falling apart.

well built- low cost auto

silverflash, 12/14/2009

Just bought the car last week to use as my primary commute car. So far love it. Got 39mpgs!!!!! Now that was all highway at 55 (break in speeds) but still rocks! got a sweet deal on it, and it is built like a tank! much better than my 2006 civic i owned, that thing's metal was like a tin can! car is solid, drives well, peppy enough as I have the manual and a gas-sipper! It is quite cute as well and feels great even with me being 6'1 tall. Looking forward to 100,000+ miles on this baby! With gas going back up, this will be a good bet. warranty, cost, mileage, build quality- hyundai made this one right!

airbag problem

sherwood brubaker, 12/22/2009

I have a GS with 2500 miles on it. I have the ABS/power package. It is a fun little car to drive, peppier than I thought it would be. I avg 31 mi/gal. The only problem is that the passenger air bag intermittently does not recognize the passenger. The dealership does not seem to be able to find the problem.

Love It

practicalme, 02/01/2010

This is my first NEW car and I'm 51 years old. I was waiting for this car. It cost me $8,900, has a great warranty and is fun to drive.

Great Commuter Car In Tampa,FL

brians2510, 02/19/2010

Great car for heavy traffic areas. I get a little under 30 miles to the gallon due to sitting in traffic in downtown Tampa. Very comfortable and great warranty.

What I expected and needed

JeffC, 02/28/2010

I needed a second car to teach my daughter to drive in, as well as a daily commuter.I also have a 2008 Tiburon GT that I drive on nice days. I picked this up after trying to find a decent used car, however, I guess I got tired of trying to find a decent used car with low miles, so spent maybe $4,000 extra to get a brand new one, with the great warranty. Initial thoughts,it was what I expected. Engine seems to have decent pep for what it is, but I needed something that gets 30 plus mpg as I have a 60 mile commute. Sticker was $13,895, paid $11,399 plus TTL. Black with gray interior. Will need to add a radio, but that shouldn't run more than $250. So far, car seems very solid, drives nice.

Still a solid value...and fun too

Gillette, 03/07/2010

I like this car for the solidness and handling, it feels like I'm driving a higher priced car. It doesn't look or feel cheap in any way. Its pretty fun to drive around town, or out of town too, and the gas mileage gets better after break-in. I wanted a car with a long warranty, but also one that would rarely need to use it. So far, I'm totally happy with my choice.

Nice. Better than I expected

micmel2, 04/28/2010

Fun car to drive. I previously drove a Dodge Caravan, so driving this is like night and day. I like to drive small cars because it is easier for me to maneuver. Nice response. I haven't filled my tank yet, but I'm down to 1/4 tank left after driving 280 miles. Fairly inexpensive to insure because of the front and rear crumple safety zones. Very comfortable seats.

The sleek slate metallic hatchback

don, 07/18/2010

Great car great everything. On a trip I got 39 mpg. Around town I get 33-34. I shift with the selector indicator for gear!

51050