Used 2018 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews

Used Ridgeline for Sale
Select your model:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

2018 Tailgate does not lock

William Shaw, 07/10/2018
RTL 4dr Crew Cab (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We retired and I bought this truck to carry luggage and other necessities as we travel around. After having a bed cover installed, we discovered the two way tail-gate does not lock. Even the Honda dealer did not know this when we brought it in for repairs. In talking with American Honda HQ we are told that this was a business decision and there was no recourse. We would never have purchased this truck if we had known the tailgate did not lock and was designed that way. Let this be a warning to anyone thinking about buying this 2018 Honda Ridgeline. There is apparently an aftermarket solution that costs between $150-200.00 that requires a minimum of 2.5 hours installation. Honda dealers will not do the installation. This is so unlike Honda to leave a customer out on the limb. I have owned at least 6 or 7 Honda or Acura vehicles in the last 15 years and have never seen anything like this. I do plan to contact Consumer Rights on this one.

A truck for the rest of us

Byron Buck, 11/16/2017
RTL-E 4dr Crew Cab AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you have modest towing needs and value safety, comfort and efficiency in a mid sized Truck, look no further.

Best Mid Size Pickup

Richard Wood, 12/22/2017
Black Edition 4dr Crew Cab AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the best mid sized pickup on the market. It drives like a sedan and has superior finish (inside and out) to competitors. I compared to Nissan, Chevy, GMC, Ford (F150), Ram, and Jeep Cherokee / Grand Cherokee. This vehicle outperforms them all and has better features and creature comforts and gas mileage by far. If you are looking for a hardcore work truck consider a full size, but if you want a very upscale vehicle with truck capabilities do yourself a favor and check out the Honda. I even comes with a trunk/cooler and stereo built into the truck bed for tailgating. This truck also has better visibility and a far smoother ride than the others. I got the top of the line Black Edition AWD and love it.

Riding the Ridgeline

Woodchuck_Ron H., 11/14/2017
Sport 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

New cars are almost always nice—they're new. The Ridgeline has out shown my initial choice (Outback) by virtue of acceleration, cargo load, pulling capacity and overall versatility. It's been a long time since I've owned a pickup but the rationale came rushing back. The nice thing (just ask my wife) is it handles and rides like a car—crisp steering, breaking and acceleration, all with a view. Nice package—and the dealer, Lia Honda of Enfield, made it easy. Just ask for Edwin Guzman.

A HONDA PICKUP,...........REALLY?

Gary Jones, 02/13/2018
RTL-T 4dr Crew Cab SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I never considered buying a Honda Pickup. I thought they were probably very reliable but light on performance and utility. WRONG!! I researched all mid sized and 1/2 ton pickups and even had an on-line deal for a GMC Canyon until I sat in the back seat. The rear seats were uncomfortable and could never be used by adults for any distance. I checked other makes with the same result. My garage space would be entirely taken by the length of all 1/2 ton models leaving me to walk around it with the garage door up. This would not work in the winter time. So, I gave up for a short time until I read a report on the Ridgeline and despite my reservations decided to test drive one. LOVE AT FIRST DRIVE!! It was the best handling pickup I ever drove. Quick and responsive. It has decent hauling and towing capacity and all seats are comfortable. Gas mileage is great and that rear opening tailgate and lockable trunk space is genius. My only complaint is the turning radius. It took some time to get used to pulling into or backing out of tight spots or making U-turns but this is a small price to pay for such a versatile and comfortable pickup. On a scale of 10 the Ridgeline gets 9.5.

12345...16