Used 2018 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews

Used Ridgeline for Sale
Select your model:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

Paragon of utility

Tom Jensen, 09/20/2017
RTL-E 4dr Crew Cab AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Are you kidding? There are so many storage options in this truck there is a concern that one might forget where one put something. The entertainment options are just as numerous. I live in the mountains, so FM radio is scarce, but AM is here, and Sirius/XM radio is here. Between the broadcast alternatives and my bluetooth iPhone music library, I never feel at a loss. The truck handles my mountain roads like a champ, with very little body roll one might assocaite with trucks. The transmission shifts at all appropriate places, never hunting for the right gear. I haven't driven it at night yet, but I understand the LED low beams are terrific, just what one needs where there are no street lamps, and curving roads shrouded in forest. I can't wait to use the bed's trunk, a unique and compelling piece of design for a truck. I had a Garmin navigation device long ago, and am pleased to see the reliable Garmin in use in this truck. It never misses a beat, and takes me right home, though other, DVD systems, apologize for being unable to provide turn by turn directions on the roads where I live. It sells itself.

Really like it

Ken, 05/14/2018
RTL-E 4dr Crew Cab AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is an all-around nice vehicle. The only drawback for me was cost. We had set our self a budget of around $35K and this one was $37K to $44K. The way the packages are set up, if you wanted any one particular item, you have to get everything else in the package with it, whether you wanted it or not. This of course picked the cost up to get what you really wanted. Other than the price, I really liked it.

Small and white, clean and bright.

Connie Marion, 08/21/2018
RTL 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I agree with Edmonds over-all review. I owned a single cab 1999 F150 20 years, from her birth, gifting her to my son when I began having difficulty with right knee. I miss knobs. Accessing audio when driving is difficult, at any age. My five grown children agree this is a safety hazard. For a truck THE HORN IS PUNY! The rear doors do not open wide enough: difficulty with child/baby seats, much less getting the baby/child in the seat. The nook under the audio system controls should have a night light. I love the storage under the bed and two separate entries. I like that the rear seat can be raised. The leather seats are hard. UPDATE: March, 2020. The leather seats have improved over three years of use. In my first review I failed to mention the absence of a/c in the front seats. Why on earth would Honda install a/c in the Pilot seats and not in a pick-up? My views have not lessened regarding back seat access. A new grandson and transportation in car seat has proved this. My recommendation for anyone considering purchasing a Ridgeline is to experiment with various objects before purchase. I continue to enjoy the truck. I haul a good bit of plants and soil and absolutely love the truck bed and trunk.

I really like this truck

D. Gaudenti, 09/02/2018
RTL-E 4dr Crew Cab AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I spent a lot of time researching this truck and others (and some SUVs and CUVs) before purchasing the Ridgeline. What I like the most about the truck is it's design, comfort, ease of driving and parking and the technology (especially the navigation). I was a little hesitant about purchasing the vehicle because I was used to driving a luxury sedan (Acura RL) which was significantly shorter and somewhat narrower than the truck. I drive a Dodge Dakota as my work truck and that is also shorter. Even though the Ridgeline is noticeably larger and I have to get used to that, it's so easy to drive it's not an issue. A couple things I would change when Honda refreshes the truck next year are the following: 1. Add a locking tailgate, 2. redo the rear doors so they open wider, 3. more responsive touch screen, 4. bring back volume and tuning knobs for the audio, 5. adjust the equalizer controls for the audio (sounds fairly muddy). That's all I can think of. Really enjoying this truck and I think I'll have it for quite some time.

No Tail Gate lock

Tom Martinez, 02/13/2018
RTL-T 4dr Crew Cab (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Can't believe that Honda engineers were so clueless as to not provide a lock for the 2 way Tail gate. I need to carry small cargo and it will not all fit into the trunk. Honda needs to re-think this and provide some work-around to owners. Lesson learned look at even the smallest detail and do not depend on the sales staff to tell you about negatives with thee vehicle.

12345...16