2019 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
12345...21

Pros
Cons

The best combination of everything!

Kwon, 07/26/2018
Touring 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm a car nut. I've looked at the prius, ioniq, Camry hybrid, Accord hybrid and the Niro. Every one of them have unique advantages over the insight. But, they also had disadvantages (brakes, styling, infotainment, price, etc.). The Insight has the best mix of every advantage and minimum disadvantages of them all. Honda did a great job of balancing every aspect of this vehicle and it shows. As far as MPG ratings go, I drove this beauty like I stole it in Sport mode (my break-in process) and still averaged 35 MPG for my first tank. Not too shabby....

Insight introspection

Mr. Pete, 12/31/2018
EX 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We live in a suburban/rural area that now has lots of traffic, but is more open than city driving. We have about 3,000 miles on our car now and in the summer we got up to 57 mpg with most tanks averaging over 50. Mileage has dropped to about 47 during the winter. We generally don't use the Eco mode as it is too gutless. We bought the EX model and miss the heated seats and leather wrapped wheel of the Touring, but still feel the EX model was right for our needs. The gas motor is noisy and drones when needed on the freeway. Seats are comfortable and the tech is adequate or better. The only negative being Honda's crummy blind side lane alert system which only alerts you via a camera on the passenger side mirror and, then, not until you signal a turn or turn on the system permanently which takes over the whole NAV screen. Our other car has a blind spot alert system that simply turns on a light on the mirror of either the driver's or passenger's side mirror and stays lit until the threat has passed. Simple and effective, c'mon Honda. Overall, this has been a great car for a daily driver which was why we got it. It's cheap to drive, looks great, performs well and is safe. It's a perfect car for local driving, but wouldn't be a first choice for a long road trip.

The best hybrid

Jerry Parchejo, 08/25/2018
Touring 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Beautiful and we'll made car. Touring trim feels and looks like a high end luxury car. The one and only downside is the engine tends to be noisy at times. Cabin is relatively quiet.

Ad
Build Your Insight

Excellent value

TC2019, 10/10/2018
EX 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We love this car. You get allot for your money with the EX model. Performance, storage, technology hit all the high marks. The Bonus is 5 Star Safety Plus Insurance safety rating. The LED headlights are amazing.

The New 4-door Honda Sedan

R. Christopher, 10/01/2018
EX 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Even though the Insight has been around for years, Honda has a winner in the new insight 4-door on a Civic frame. I have shown it off to those fellow auto enthusiast and everyone is very impressed with the look and feel of the 3rd generation Insight. Exceeds my expectations with just two weeks of use. I look forward to many years of enjoyable driving. Mileage breakdown: Commuting 50+ mpg, Highway 45 mpg. Lowest mpg per one tank of gas was 37.67 mpg which I believe was due to poor gas quality since I never had this performance again before or since. UPDATE: After 1.5 years maintaining a spreadsheet I have averaged 50+ miles per gallon. I have however noticed during the winter months the mileage sometimes drops below 50mpg as a FYI. I am very happy with my purchase.

12345...21