2019 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews

$22,930

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

great car!

Bob Kenmotsu, 11/29/2018

Great looking hybrid performance

Kaelin71, 10/07/2019
Touring 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased the Insight in the Touring trim recently for my wife as she has a long daily commute. Couldn't be happier with our purchase. Averaging 46 mpg thru the 1st 1,000 miles and improving over time as we play with the driving modes and regenerative braking settings. The Touring trim level is worth the money in my opinion as it comes loaded. This is a great looking hybrid sedan(much better looking than a Prius). UPDATE: As of 4/8/2020 Still loving our Insight Touring model. MPG dropped to 40MPG during cold winter months due to use of heater and heated seats(Chicago has really cold winter). But MPG's are starting to climb back up as it's starting to warm up now as we enter Spring. Still highly recommend this car to anyone! Well worth it and much nicer styling over the Prius.

Love this car!

Virginia, 05/01/2020
Touring 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We purchased our Insight in October 2018 and have been completely satisfied. The gas mileage is amazing! Even before gas prices crashed this spring we could easily fill the tank for under $20 and have it last up to 2 weeks. We put about 20K/year on our cars so this saves us a lot of money. It's comfortable inside, rides smoothly and looks great. Low maintenance. For all of that, the price point of this car is hard to beat. We couldn't be happier.

Ad
Build Your Insight

This Honda Insight Hybrid saved my husbands life.

Mrs.Quinn, 07/31/2020
LX 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My husband just bought this car a Month ago and someone hit him hard. When the airbags went off the car called 911 for him. This car not only saved his life it is absolutely Amazing feel. It rides quiet and smooth, it’s just fun to drive. It’s Great on gas and just one of the best cars Honda has ever made. We love this car so much we would get another one. This car has everything your asking for in a sedan style.

Upscale, subtle and efficient sedan

East Coast Insight owner, 09/21/2020
Touring 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Insight after comparing it against the Buick Regal, Civic hatchback and Kia Niro—all very different, but practical FWD cars. The Insight Touring won me over with its outstanding gas mileage, handsome looks and upscale interior, especially with its light gray interior. Love the pushbutton shifting, automatic high beams and rain-sensitive wipers. Reviewers have rightly carped about the booming engine on hard acceleration and the low seating position. But my Insight is fun to drive, and feathering the accelerator minimizes the need for the engine to kick in. Handling and ride is excellent. Right-side camera that comes on with the turn signal for lane changes is handy—except when using navigation. It's easy to turn off, in those instances. The trunk is nicely sized and rear seats folds down for longer or larger loads. The touchscreen is easy to use, especially with Apple CarPlay. The console is deep and useful. What's not to like? The standard Navigation feature seems to have quit after a year—need to take it in for service. I wish the instrument panel offered a large MPH reading. Back seat legroom gets snug with 2 tall passengers in the front. Honda never provides an inside trunk handle, unfortunately. I had the dealer install the bag holder in the trunk, and should have payed for two of them. I hate the raspy, puny, timorous horn. A year into ownership, the deep blue paint still looks great, the gas mileage is still excellent, and it makes me smile to drive the Insight. I find it much more attractive than the Civic, and worth the extra cost for the hybrid drivetrain.