Used 2017 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Fit for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Big punch in a little car

Paul S, 06/16/2017
EX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

I spend most of my driving on the freeway going back and forth to work so wanted a small car with good gas mileage but had to have great cargo area - the Fit hit all those areas wonderfully! I was shocked in how much room is in this small car - with the back seats down there is so much space to haul things and then flip the seats up and there is incredible room for tall things. It handles like a dream and I like the fuel economy mode that helps guide me to drive the most efficient way to maximize my MPG. My only real complaint is the lack of detailed instructions on how to use everything and the touch-screen display is not kind of clunky to get around but overall I am very impressed! [One year into my "new" Fit and I have to say I am just as impressed as I was a year ago - great car!]

GREAT AROUND TOWN CAR W/EXCELLENT FUEL ECONOMY

J Senter, 09/28/2017
LX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Only after several months of owning my 2017 Honda Fit I know that I made the right choice. The interior space is much more than it appears from the exterior. The multiple seat configurations are brilliant. If you want to make your driving experience a little more exciting, all you have to do is shift the transmission to Sport Mode and you are off and running. Great pick up with no problem merging in traffic going 80mph. The driver Big Cup holder to the left of the steering wheel is brilliantly placed and designed. The BT audio streaming is nice and works well with Pandora and the sound of the stock radio is sufficient. Visibility is excellent and the car handles well in the rain. I look forward to putting many many more miles on my new Honda Fit and with it getting 40mpg it won't cost me much to do it.

Little red rocket.

Frankie N., 01/22/2017
EX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car has been great so far. Good gas mileage, and plenty of power. Compared to the 2012 Fit which I love also "still have it" the 2017 gets a little better gas mileage, more power, and feel as if it is a little heavier car. the 2017 doesn't have the room of the 2012 but enough for me. My wife loves the Bluetooth that works with her cell phone, the backup camera, and lane watch camera. Over all I'm well pleased and my wife also which is a plus for me.

Very nice for the price. Superb mileage

Steven Kovner, 05/13/2017
EX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Small, but well-designed. Comfortable seats. Great mileage, and good performance. The car is generally quiet, but some engine noise when accelerating; quiets down afterwards. Fan can be noisy. Bluetooth/phone integration works, speakerphone is great, but some glitches using voice dialing. Interface for USB could be better. My driving is mostly highway, Massachusetts Rt 2 west of 495, 495 north of Rt. 2 to Rt 3. Anyone who drives there knows road speed is high. Car handles well, and accelerates well enough to merge easily. And that is in regular, not sport mode. (Sluggish in economy mode, but that is expected). It is a Fit - which means you can fit a lot in it. But the cargo cover is needed, but not good this year. The 2012 cover was a lot better. This one falls off its pins because it is too narrow. For commuting, though, this car is great. And I get over 37 MPG. Note the 5 miles from my usual gas station to home, on secondary roads, MPG exceeds 40.

Honda could have put more effort in design...

C Brozek, 07/01/2017
LX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Note: driving force for purchasing this vehicle was5yr overall cost of ownership...lowest initial price, low frequency/cost of repairs, lowest fuel costs, with highest safety. HITS: 1) exterior body/lights/window styling is much improved...no longer the dorky design it once suffered from; 2) fuel economy...so far 40+ highway, 34 city; 3) quantity of electronic features of its LX package are decent given the budget price-range. MISSES: 1) driver comfort...insufficient cushioning causing discomfort only remedied by aftermarket 2" foam pad; 2) interior ergonomics...USB and charging outlets on dashboard slightly out of reach and sight, center console cover (when open) makes storage awkward to access, and charging port in center console hard to access; 3) engine/road noise a bit much, more soundproofing needed. Overall, Honda could have done a better job, especially given how it touts its reputation.

meh

muphy , 09/14/2019
EX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

45k miles and 2 years old and it needed $2000 worth of work, the injectors went bad. not happy with my FIT . no car should need this much work @45k especially a HONDA !

Still Disappointed After 3 yr Mark

Murph, 02/27/2017
LX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Adding to last review: Still greatly disappointed in this car, nothing has changed, MPG still no better than what I previously posted, and the car just doesn't drive well period. If I had to do over I would NEVER purchase this car again! Everywhere I have been reading about the wonderful MPG and it was MAIN reason I purchased this car, well since buying in Feb. 2017 been having terrible MPG averaging around 26 combined and 30 if I am lucky on highway. Dealer has worked on car two times, first time found the specs were off and had to fix gave car back and still the same, next time they found issues with fuel injectors so had to replace, gave the care back, same problem. Now they don't know what to do, they suggested it was how I drove the car, yeah right, my friend took for a couple of days and she had the same MPG as I did. Had to call Honda Corp and they are working with dealer to find the issues, have to take car back again. This is my 4th Honda, all others were great, this one not so much and am very disappointed and frustrated with the whole thing! I am hoping they can fix issue, or either replace the car all together or give me full refund, it will fall under lemon law soon. I really want the car so I am hoping something can be worked out. But wanted others to know just in case anyone else is having the same issue.

Fit for a King

Fit for King, 12/08/2017
EX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 6M)

After driving over 31000 miles, I still enjoy driving this car. Getting about 42 miles per gallon on highway and 34 in the city. High speed does not seem to affect the gas mileage. Most small cars when driven at high speed you will notice a dramatic decrease in gas mileage not the case here. The best feature of this car is the great driving dynamic at high speed. The car is always composed and the ride is solid. My biggest complaint is the engine noise at high speed. The car has been dependable and reliable. Had a slight oil leak at 22000 miles a seal had to be replaced. Best small car that I have ever owned. The outstanding drive, road manners, gas mileage and handling makes this car a great value. The highway ride / drive is excellent for a small car. Excellent value for the price. The engine noise and front seat comfort are my only complaints. Can't get everything for 15000.00 dollars. I would buy this car again and highly recommend it for local travel. Only had one small oil leak issue. I was a little concerned because I have had no issues with any of the American cars that I have purchased that required a dealership repair in the last 15 years even with their cheapest cars. I have had cars from all three American brands never an issue under 50000 miles. But to it's credit, I bought the car for economy and that is where it is king. This is the first car that I have ever owned that exceeds its gas mileage expectations.

you'd be surprised what you can fit in a Honda Fit

Tom D, 07/13/2018
EX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 6M)

The Fit is a cool little econobox that in the 6 speed manual is peppy and fun to drive. There really is an amazing amount of space inside and lots of glass to provide a spacious view. Kudos to Honda for making such a little car seem so big. The laws of physics can't be denied though, so there are drawbacks. The car is very light, so bumpy roads seem a lot bumpier. Also, high speed driving comes with a bit too much road noise - there really isn't a lot of Fit between you and the road. The gas tank is only 10 gallons, but when you're getting 37 mpg highway as we are, that's enough to last for awhile. The middle trim EX has a fun sunroof, and a decent 6 speaker sound system. The 2018's have a more sophisticated infotainment systems than our '17 does, but even the '17 covers the bluetooth / usb basics.

Bought a '17 for my granddaughter. Mine's a '15

Andy Shriver, 08/09/2017
LX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

My granddaughter loves her 2017 LX CVT Fit. She reports it is super economical, claiming 40 mpg, and says the light controls make it very pleasant to drive. Not a coincidence, I gave my 2011 Sport 5MT to her husband when I bought a new 2015, and he loves his, too. My 2015 6MT has 17-inch Kosei Racing wheels with 215/45-17 Dunlop Direzza Z2 tires, and it stays with Porsches on twisty roads. I do wish it had more horsepower for passing other vehicles when sport driving. There's plenty of power for all other types of driving. In fact, its 0-60 of 7.9 seconds is nothing to be ashamed of.

Great first car!

Kristin K, 03/21/2018
EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

A couple of big things I have noticed are the buggy and slow Android auto. Its a cool feature but lord it is bulky and unresponsive. There are only 2 USB ports and if you plug your phone in just to charge it it will force you to try to use Android auto. The MPG is much lower than the estimates, but so far a around 850 miles driving in the city my average is 27.3MPG. I also have been using premium gas hoping it would help get to the 30MPG promised but haven't hit it yet. The car is also a little noisy, there is a plastic rattling sound from the parts surrounding the engine. Other than those things this car has been a lot of fun to have as my first car purchase, it's got good pickup, good brakes, the safety features are really helpful and overall pretty happy with it.

It just needs a turbo!

Kim Wilhelm, 09/06/2017
LX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 6M)

There's a harsh wind sound (Low frequency oscillation) if the windows are down on the freeway, or traveling fast.

Fitting in a Fit

Carol Theiss, 07/29/2017
EX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

It is a great car for a small person like me. I am very comfortable in it and enjoy driving it. It makes me feel young again. We all need a pick me up and the car gives it to me. Don't hesitate to try it out and see if you fit like I did. Have had my Fit a year. Still love my car, enjoy driving it. It has so much get up and go. Two years now. Never get tired of driving my Fit. One of the best decisions I have made. I have had my car over 2 years. Still love my car and enjoy driving it. Wouldn’t want any other car.

Amazing for its size and class

Allison, 07/30/2020
LX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'm used to workhorses. I used to drive manual 4WD Subaru wagons in Alaska, mountainous northern California, and off-road in the desert of Arizona. After a number of years away, I ended up with the worst used Subaru ever and stuck 100 miles from home and having to drive back and forth to help care for my elderly parents, I ended up leasing a 2017 Honda Fit. It was glorious. In three years, not one problem. Cons: road noise and the Clearcoat scratches off REALLY easily. I mean, our short fingernails left a lot of little scratches at the door handles and I've never seen that on any car I've ever owned. But I just listen to loud music on the road, and I really can't think of much else. It isn't supposed to have the power to gun it on the highway, but it did for me, if necessary. It has a much less deep storage space in back than my old wagons and yet I was able to bring home a 7 foot Christmas tree last year. I used it as a working car in a semi-rural area, picking up old fence posts, PVC pipes, and more, and it acted like a clown car - tiny but can fit a huge amount in the back. Looked for another less expensive used car but all had reviews that hated the CVT transmission made by JATCO. Honda makes its own CVT transmission so it doesn't have the same terrible reputation. I took it back yesterday and leased the same model in a 2020. Not as happy with the 2020. Honda went cheap with the new one. 2020 has worse road noise, cheap speakers, terribly grainy back-up camera, cheap windshield wipers. Stick to the 2017.

Forgot the Navi

Lidia Raposa, 05/06/2018
EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

This a nice car, only thing is the frame around the windshield makes a huge blind spot for the driver. That is my only fault with the car. Its the navigation system. Got this car in December 2017 had wonderful graphics and the whole lot and now I get a map and lucky to get any place. I am told I never had Garmin navi but Here. Well I had a loaner car 2018 Fit Navi with a Here system and it had the same sort of system as Garmin. Took two days to get a new tire by the way. But I am really disappointed that the dealer or Honda will not help me out with my navigation. Just buy a Garmin if you want navigation.

Honda hasn't figured out infotainment yet!!!

JR, 07/18/2019
EX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 6M)

So I purchase this car from a honda dealer and I'm told I can connect my phone to the screen with $100 worth of cables. That seemed ridiculous to me but I thought, ok, perhaps honda is technology challenged in understanding how cars are now connected to phones. After purchasing the car and the cables, I find that the Honda Link feature only connects your phone to bluetooth!!!!! The Honda Link FEATURE (which it's not) IS ONLY TO TELL YOU WHEN TO GET MAINTENANCE, SHOWS YOU THE GUIDES, ETC. IT DOES NOT CONNECT YOUR PHONE WITH THE CABLES TO ANYTHING IN THE CAR. EVEN IF YOU PAY $59.95 FOR THE NAVIGATION APP, IT IS USING THE DATA ON YOUR PHONE TO SHOW YOU THE MAP!!! Their infotainment feature is a radio with a screen!! You don't see what songs are playing on your phone, nothing!! You need to slap one of those phone holders over the screen to actually use your phone within this car!!! PATHETIC!!!!!

Great little big car

Don Fletcher, 09/29/2018
EX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

You should know its a great car. Well thought of inside and outside..The only thing I can think of that needs improvement is center arm rest needs to be higher.

Going through Edmund created competition

Tony P, 12/26/2016
EX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 6M)

Satisfied with my purchase at Honda of Rockwall. All sales reps were very professional.

Great Fit

Ken, 12/23/2017
EX-L 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Excellent car for the money

Good value

NT, 08/16/2017
LX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

This vehicle meets my needs and falls in my budget level.

I love my Honda Fit!

Stephanie Farkash, 01/02/2020
EX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 6M)

I love the versatility of this car. It is compact and yet they have made it super easy to fit large or tall cargo by simply flipping the seats up or down as needed. Also fits up to five people with room for their things at the back.

Great mileage

TJ, 05/31/2020
EX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 6M)

Info system is terrible. Ride is ok. You will feel and hear the road, Acceleration is fair. Comfortable seats.

Love my car!!

Cadams, 07/30/2020
LX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 6M)

I love my fuel efficient, small zippy Honda Fit. I have the LX, not the EX with the sunroof and Honda lane assist. Regardless, the backup camera on this car is stellar, it is small so it fits into small spaces and at 45MPG, I’ve only had to fill it up once in the 3 weeks I’ve had it. It has plenty of cargo and passenger space, I love the Bluetooth car option, and overall it is the best car I’ve ever had.

Everything we wanted

Jacob, 09/09/2020
LX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is incredible value. We have been impressed with the spaciousness and convenience. It has more pep than online reviews led us to believe and I personally think it even looks a bit "cooler" in person. Overall we are very very happy with the car. Sometimes its best not to overthink these things. We live in a city, dont care that much about cars (but needed one), only have the two of us to worry about, and need to roadtrip sometimes. We ended up getting a CPO Honda, very reliable and well thought of. The Fit is SUPER easy to park in the city. We have more storage than cars twice as big. Great gas milage but still comfy enough to drive on longer road trips. Honestly its exactly what we needed.

51050