Used 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Love it...

Brian Franklin, 09/11/2016
SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I am in love with my truck. I have owned many vehicles in my day, and ZERO of them have been GM, I have heard far too many horror stories. BUT, something about this truck is different. Behind its luxurious and tough looking exterior, the interior feels like a Cadillac. Everything fits very well, the logic of controls is great, and the quality of materials blows my 2011 Honda Pilot out of the water. Under the hood it sounds like a beast, I still get excited every time I start it because it makes such an awesome noise. Im at 55,000 miles and have had only one major repair (Power steering $1100) but other than that it drives like a dream. Anyone looking for a well built, good looking, and powerful truck, look for a GMC Sierra...

GMC Z-71 4x4 All Terrain

usapatrick, 05/02/2011

We traded in a 2000 Chevy 4X4 ext cab, 5.3 loaded with over 128K trouble free miles. This truck was the obvious replacement. Better looking than the new Chevrolet, now are priced the same with higher resale value. We did not bother with Ford since their warranty and 4 more engines changes showed us instability from within. This truck now has 5000 miles and is up to 16 mpg in town, 20+ mpg hgwy. We got it loaded with leather, buckets etc except sun roof and NAV. The Z-71 4X4 All Terrain package is a bargain. The new 5.3 V8 with the 6 speed automatic is much better than the old power train. We had the dealer put in the wheel well liners, Ziebart and more chrome. Look no further, buy one!

road noise

gary warren, 03/25/2010

Drove G.M. trucks for 30 years, this is noisy one. No insulation on floor under back seat.G.M. will not fix so look before you sign papers because after you sign you are on your own.Going to buy ear plugs,another bad investment.

Fun truck to own

Linda, 07/23/2010

Our truck has the V6 in it and seems to do really well on fuel. As we own a 01 Dodge which is just terrible on fuel. The GMC is a good looking truck, even if it is while in color. A joy to drive, fast pick up and yet it moves down the road on the order of a car. Sometimes I almost forget I am driving a truck. This is a work truck so nothing much on it, well ac, auto, fm/am radio and two wheel drive but the first truck we have brought new in a long time. So we are really enjoying this one. GM had some good deals which made this all possible and so we shall be enjoying this truck for years to come.

need minor details

pierre, 09/11/2010

I owned fords for 12 years this is my first GMC. simply love the truck. however the door handle needs to be moved. Minor details. My left knee lays right up against it.And for someone w/bad knees it can get uncomfortable. it is the smoothest riding truck i have owned. But the door handle gets a low grade.