Used 2004 GMC Envoy XUV Consumer Reviews

Used Envoy XUV for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

Love it

nikkole, 05/05/2008
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this truck because I own a couple of properties and I have to occasionally lug around doors and things. So this truck isnt my everyday car but I love driving it. It is so comfy and I love the design with the fold down seats and the roll off roof. I already moved a huge cabinet and it was perfect for the job! Its also a great "dog" truck. I have 3 dogs and love to take them for drives. I havent rinsed out the back cargo area yet but I was told that was an option. You can't fit seven people but when do you drive 7 people around? Its great for people who want the utility of a pickup truck but want the "wholeness" of an SUV. I love it!

Very Nice SUV

rwedens, 02/22/2004
SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is the quitest SUV I have ever driven. Even with the rear glass down and the roof retracted there was no increase in road noise. The ride is a little soft but it takes bumps and pot holes very well. I had no trouble picking up a new dryer in it's box. Just retracted the roof and instant pickup bed. The straight six with 225 HP has plenty of power. Make sure you get the optional Driver Information System with steering wheel controls. I got 16 MPG on my third tank of gas (in 2WD HI range).

OK vehicle, but would not buy again.

heatherc, 07/27/2010
SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the XUV because it was very unique and fit our needs at the time. It was great at first, but over the past few years has had many issues. The midgate glass window shattered when raising it one time. The reargate window motor has broken twice in the past 3 years and gets stuck down (and then you can't open the rear door.) The rear door "sensor" has malfunctioned a few times where it takes me about 5 minutes of messing around with it to get the door open. And the instrument cluster is bad (according to the dealership). My speedometer and oil pressure gauges don't work. Currently debating whether to spend $1000 to get it "fixed" or buy a different vehicle.

What a great ideal of an open cargo roof

r.brown, 08/11/2005
SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great all around SUV. I needed a pickup truck to haul things every now and then. So the XUV fit the bill, almost to a T. The only problem is you need to leave the tailgate down when hauling 8ft. drywall. But it's a great vehile. I recently, sold it because, I have Range Rover as my daily SUV and I have a pickup how to haul 8ft. stuff. If the Yuhon XL was avaliabe in an XUV, I would have one.

New XUV

Dublinvet, 12/27/2003
SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

A unique SUV. A must look-see if you need a vehicle to haul large items occasionall, but have the utility to convert solely to an enclosed SUV.

12345...16