Used 1992 Geo Metro Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Geo Metro Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Metro model:

My fun car
By Betty Bosko

1992 Geo Metro LSi 2dr Convertible

This is a non- smoking one owner car that has been garaged for most of its 25 years. Mileage is approx 80,000 miles. It was my " change of life" car and I just outgrew it but just couldn't part with it. I'm downsizing and cutting expenses after retiring and feel it needs to go to a younger person. It is a cutie, great condition, fantastic mileage, standard shift, roof is like new. But remember it is an economy car not a luxury car.

One of the greatest cars ever
By Jeff Pritz

1992 Geo Metro XFi 2dr Hatchback

As a professional mechanic, I have found the Geo Metro hatchback, with the 3 cylinder, 5 speed manual transmission, to be the easiest, least expensive, car to repair, that I have ever owned. It is so fun to drive and very comfortable. I recently made an 11 hour trip and never squirmed around in the seat. I rented a brand new Nissan Altima and 40 minutes into my trip, my posterior felt like I was sitting on concrete. Gas mileage is fantastic. With a few simple and inexpensive modifications, I now get 65 MPG Hwy and 55 city. The first year I owned the car, I saved $2,200 (in gas), over driving my 1998 ford F150. Make sure you do not buy a rusty car. Look very carefully behind the front wheels, if you see any rust on the frame, walk away. Cars from the south are usually rust free. I truly cannot say enough nice things about this car. I buy all my parts off of Ebay. The manual transmission is much pepier than the automatic and gets the best gas mileage. Like the original VW Beetle and the Austin Mini, the Metro hatchback is a cult classic. I will never be without one.
Aug. 2018: My friend finally bought a Metro. After driving it a week, he thought the gas gauge was broken because it was hardly moving. He filled up, just to
ease his mind and about fell over when he had only used a couple of gallons. He's getting 47 mpg.

Great fuel milage
By Pete babos

1992 Geo Metro LSi 2dr Convertible

Cheak maintenance record if possible

Dream Car!
By karentoby1

1992 Geo Metro XFi 2dr Hatchback

Searched for ANY model/year metro for the past 9 months-price/condition ratio not acceptable. but luck would have it, i sold my blown engine 2001 corolla and had the money when this XFI pops up on Craigslist. other co-incidences aside-the guy shows up and the clutch is slipping-according to him it just started doing that [fat chance] and i said, "i'll give you $500"-he said ok. well i'll tell you-that car is fun as can be to drive! i put a new clutch in/tuned 'er up and my 100 mile round trip commute is a joy thinking about all that money i'm saving.

my first car
By Julia

1992 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

I got my geo metro as my first car because it was cheap and cute. It was the best decision I have ever made. I have had the car 6 months, have had to put a new set of tires on it and change the water pump. In all, not more then $300 in repairs. I love this car. And if it ever dies, which I doubt it will because it is more of a beast then my moms car, I will buy another in a heart beat. There isn't really anything I don't enjoy about this car. It is the best first car anyone can have, as long as they are reliable and wont wreck it, because they are simply awesome on gas and are on the cheap end of things when it comes to repairs. I'm glad I have my metro. =)

hmm.. the heat works awesome, the breaks are really good, the gas is responsive, i just love my car. =)

well my passengers side handle is broken and my drivers side window is off the track, but shes a 92 and as old as i am and i have my problems too, show me any car that's the same age and i will show you why my metro is better.