Used 2003 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews

Used Excursion for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

My first fullsize SUV

A.J, 08/02/2002
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I went from a 99 explorer to this and I just love it. I have taken 8 people on a trip and all of them enjoyed the room and the DVD player. The gas mileage is not that bad as everyone would think.

Like the size, but it isn't for everyone

Installer, 09/12/2003
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Love the loadspace, gas pedal and overall size/comfort inside. With 1500 miles we lost our coolant -the factory didn't quite get the hose clamp right - a damaged hose and several days later back owning the road. Can't get past a gas station without a stop -around $65 these days if you let it get to a 1/4. Great hauler. Not for anyone on a budget -pretty sure, as an owner group, we are keeping OPEC running...

DAMN GOOD EXCURSION

Excrsn1, 08/05/2002
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

If god drove a vehicle, he would definitly drive an Excursion. In my opinion this is the greatest vehicle ever designed or thought of! Thanks Ford!

I LOVE MY BIG EXCURSION

RICHARD B, 10/30/2002
Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I LOVE THIS SUV, WHO CARES ABOUT THE GAS WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE TO DRIVE 2 CARS TO CARRY THE ENTIRE FAMILY, EVERYTHING FITS IN THIS BABY

Diesel option well worth it.

jogiba, 11/17/2002
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

The diesel option on the Excursion is well worth it since it helps it get the highest fuel mileage of any full size SUV.

Rill good with awsome sound systenm and

brjdifjgkdjflkgjdflg, 11/24/2002
XLT Value 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Rill good the best of road vehicle in any of the ford class

My dream SUV

Mikki, 01/02/2003
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I love my excursion, after test driving everything I found the excursion the only one to fit all my needs. It will pull a horse trailer, carry my dogs to dog shows, carry all my kids to school and there is plenty of room to prevent fights. I am soooo pleased. I love the looks it gets and the feeling of safety it gives my when I am hauling the kids around.

great truck

mikeraymond, 01/17/2003
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Best big suv on the road - 6.0 Diesel is GREAT - quiet & powerfull. New 5 speed transmission is also great. If more diesels were on the road, we wouldn't have a fuel crisis (30% better than gas). Ford should reconsider their decision to cancel this vehicle, since they added the new 6.0 engine & 5 speed trans. They have a real winner here.

Great Family Car

Jeffrey J., 01/20/2003
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

My family and I love our Excursion. We owned a half ton Chevy Suburban prior to the Excursion so naturally the ride of the Suburban was better but that seems to be its only advantage. The features of the Excursion are great. It appears from the outside that it would be hard to drive but once you're in it you feel like you're driving a luxury car. Only very high off the ground. It pulls my 18' ski boat like a dream.

Deisel Powered SUV

E H , 01/22/2003
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

Fun to drive, a safe well designed SUV. Mine is a 2000 model and is deisel.There's nothing it can't handel on or off road.Oh by the way for all you folks who think it's hard to park in town your wrong I'm a women and can park it better then most guys in pick up trucks. Turning ratio is far better than my last SUV a Suburban 2500. Yes I would buy another one. Also, deisel is cheaper than gas and gets better milage than the gas model. Runs smooth & quite.

12345...8