Used 2003 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews

Used Excursion for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

My Big Black X

chip, 02/12/2003
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

This vehicle does it ALL. I sold my RAM2500 4wd V10 and got this. The ram was good, THIS THING IS GREAT. Towing, fuel economy, power...AWESOME!! My wife was terrified to drive it at first (used to her 5 series BMW) but now I have to fight with her to drive it. She loves it. The only problem is I can't fit it in the garage. Oh well. After I lift it, it wouldn't fit in there anyway. Buy one if you're in the market.

Luv my Excursion

RBR, 08/24/2005
Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I have the Powerstroke 6.0 diesel. Use truck for towing 32' travel trailer - works great. Interior seats are very spacious and comfortable. 20mph hwy/16 city. Towing 12 - 13 mpg. Will hate to see it discontinued.

Ultimate tow vehicle

c wallace, 02/01/2009
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

My Excurision is a 4x4 with the 6.0 diesel, as of Jan 2009 it has 83,000 miles with no major problems. This is the tow vehicle to have if you have a large family. We can put our three kids, all of their stuff, the dog, and all of me and the wife's stuff and trek out with no worries. This includes towing a holiday rambler 33 foot trailer. I have a few modification that I recommend for power and fuel economy. Because I put a two inch lift, 315 75 16 tires, and aftermarket front and rear bumpers with a front winch on it my fuel mileage decreased. I added a banks intercooler, cold air intake, power pda, and a magnaflow four inch turbo back exhaust. What a difference!

great for family

mark johnson, 08/08/2002
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

We looked for months for the vehicle that would support all of our needs....test drove every sport UT out there. We found what we wanted in the excursion. The excersion is big, well build, comfortable and powerful. The deisel out on the road is smooth and effortless. 4x4 in winter is a tremendous safty feature, inside is plush. We've taken it on a 2000 mile trip to Disney Land, two backpacking trips to the Windriver Mountains in Wyoming plus others. For the few things which have gone wrong, our dealership support has been outstanding. For large active families, who love the outdoors, we highly recommend the excursion.

The best Car Ever.

Drake~, 11/29/2002
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I love my excursion. the man a the dealership said the car got 18 on the highway and 22 in the city and I almost died. We got our 4wd limited edition for 28,270 and they paid the tax tag and title for me. And when you look at it it looks huge. But when you drive it it feels like you are driving a nissan Altima. i love my excursoin and you should looooooooooooooooooove it to!!!!!!! I swear the gas milage is true.

THE BEST EVER

AUSTIN, 02/08/2003
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I had home depot forklift a pallet of cement into my excursion. It holds 18 sheets of drywall, 75 2x4's or 750 12"X12" tiles. I can fit 5 people and five mountain bikes in sides with all gear. I tow a tractor and dump trailer with it. It safely takes me and seven guess while pulling a 21 foot 4500lb boat at 80 mph (13.5 mpg) to lake powell and the engine temp dosnt change. drove to vegas with 8 people, stoped for gas once!!! 16.8mpg

6.8 Liter 16.5 MPG HWY, 13.7 MPG City

BIG TRUCK, 04/25/2004
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I love the whole package with this Excursion. I added a Gibson Exhaust, a Pro-M 95MM MAF Meter with a conical airfilter, and a custom computer ECU upgrade. All of these have greatly added to the fuel economy of the big truck! Build quality is far better than the last 2 decades from Ford.

The Beast

Rick Rick, 04/01/2006
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I was looking for an SUV after my son was in a car wreck and suffered brain damage and a broken back, among many other injuries. I needed an SUV with enough room in it to carry my son's electric scooter while also having enough room for him to stretch out and lay down too; he's 6' 3". At the time it was very hard for him to travel more than 30 minutes without laying down.

Great luxury livery vehicle.

Dennis Duggan, 01/04/2003
XLT Value 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Fuel economy is great if you drive it right. We took it on a 2,300 mile road trip the first week. Though it takes $64.00 to fill the tank with premium gas we averaged over 16 miles to the Gallon. Owning a livery company with Lincoln town cars averaging 18-19 miles to the gallon for the size of the excursion. I think its great!!!

Better than the Sub

jim west, 09/11/2003
Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

my wife was on vacation when i got truck she said what did you get this bus for i have a 02 sub she said what did you get this thing for we go to destin fl. every mo. i said to hall my 7 grand kids to make things short she want let me drive it she says it is hers now she has not drove the sub nomore she just loves it so i will trade the sub for 04 good mi. 22 on the hiway the best truck out their

12345...8