Used 2003 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews

Used Excursion for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

The Biggest and Baddest

Excursion Lover, 01/03/2003
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

For all those that think the X is a waste of metal, What else can you haul 8 people in comfort and pull a 33ft 9000lbs trailer and have fun doing it, a Honda? I don't think so. So to all you X haters, I say bring it on!!!!!

I love my X

esther, 02/08/2003
XLT Premium 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I used to drive a Chrysler mini van and moved up for more space. Diesel is the only way to go with this X. I get better gas mileage with my X than I did with my van. 23 on highways. 19- 20 city. I love all the room and cargo space.

6.0 Powerstroke Excursion

Higgins, 02/16/2003
Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This Excursion with the new 6.0 Powerstroke is absolutely the most powerful vehicle I have ever owned. At the same time I am getting a combined mileage of about 17.5 Mpg. If you want to haul the family in a "big un" this is the vehicle. We love it.

Best Vehicle I Ever Owned

igmu, 07/30/2003
Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I have the 6.0L. Eddie Bower. I get 22MPG hwy unloaded. This truck can use biodiesel which puts out almost no pollution and saves on foreign oil imports. It make no sense to discontinue this vehicle when it is more enviromentally friendly then a Honda.

Love our X!

New Jersey, 06/05/2009
Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We use this vehicle for daily use, trips and to tow our 33ft TT. We could not be happier, Gas mileage is awesome with the Diesel. My wife loves driving this thing daily and we love the space we have when traveling. The DVD player has saved us many times on trips. Our stock tires (The Pirelli's) lasted us 85,000 miles and I am still on the stock brake pads. Buy one before they are all gone!

Big Bad Truck not a SUV

Edendp, 12/24/2002
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

Had a Lincoln Navigator before but needed more tow power. The diesel is great and I am very happy with it (the wife hates it when I start it up in the garage....)I love the rumble and the power and the milege for such a large vehicle. The ride is very trucky but this is a truck and not a suv. It pulls my triple axle boat trailer and boat (40' long and 9000lbs) with ease. Launching is a pleasure. 4 wheeling is great when hunting but tricky on tight turns in the bush

big guy car

kakis10, 09/06/2003
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

Got diesel fuel economy 17 mpg. at present only complaint vehicle had no rear sway bar. I added one from hellwig big diffence. ford warranty needs to be addressed 3yr/360000 bumper to bumper. 5yr/100000 on drive train which means diesel motor only.

DIESEL POWER THE ONLY WAY

6509481, 09/29/2003
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

LOTS OF POWER WITH THE 7.3L, UNDER FULL LOAD AND TOWING 7500LB'S, THE BABY GETS UP TO HIGHWAY SPEEDS FAST. WITH NO ONE ELSE BUT THE DRIVER ON BOARD YOU AND BLOW THE DOORS OFF ALMOST ALL SPORTS CARS AND TRUCKS OFF THE LINE AND HANDELS GREAT IN THE TURNS. LOYS OF ROOM FOR LUGGAGE BE HID THE 3RD SEAT. A MUST FOR ANY FAMILY WITH MORE THAN 2 KIDS.

6.0 Diesel Works For Me

jberg, 10/30/2003
Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I bought my Excursion in June and have put on 8200 miles since. Most use is at 75 to 80 mph on highway trips without a trailer. On those trips, I get over 20 mpg. I have a 28' transporter which I use to haul ATV's and camp in. With the loaded trailer behind it, the mpg drops down to 11. I can pull the trailer both up and down hill as fast as I care to.

My Big Black X

chip, 02/12/2003
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (7.3L 8cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

This vehicle does it ALL. I sold my RAM2500 4wd V10 and got this. The ram was good, THIS THING IS GREAT. Towing, fuel economy, power...AWESOME!! My wife was terrified to drive it at first (used to her 5 series BMW) but now I have to fight with her to drive it. She loves it. The only problem is I can't fit it in the garage. Oh well. After I lift it, it wouldn't fit in there anyway. Buy one if you're in the market.

12345...8