Used 2000 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews

Used Neon for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Love my lil Neon.

simplyme, 05/06/2013

Love this lil thing! bought for 1800 as a commuter for school. Accidentally got a 3spd auto. but for living in a small town it does fine, I just avoid all hwy's. Parts are reasonably priced it's burnt orange manual everything cept auto obviously, but this lil nellie gets the job done no rain issues lights stay off =)

Not a bad little quirky commuter

Michael Elston, 05/08/2018
ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Dodge Neon (Plymouth also made some) about eight years ago, for $600 from a guy who had bought his wife a new car and parked the Neon beside his house. When I made my offer, it had been sitting for two years on four flats and had a dead battery. Four new tires and a battery later, I changed the oil and set about chasing about a half-tank of watery gas out of it (took a lot of alcohol). Once the bad gas was out of it, the engine ran smoothly and had good compression, despite having 159,000+ miles on it. The fuel gauge is quirky; Filling the tank brings the needle down to 'E', and it slowly rises to 'F' as you drive. I'm used to it - no need to fix. Since I have owned it, the timing belt has been replaced, front driver-side hub replaced due to whine during right turns, headlights have gotten the obligatory polish to clear up the milky look (we put men on the moon, and we can't fix this stupid problem??), and had brake pads replaced (rotors fine). Not bad maintenance for eight years. 220,000+ miles now, still getting better than 28 mpg. Not the car you want for long trips (more than 100 miles and you feel beat-up), but a great commuter, which I believe was the design intent. Starts reliably on a cold day, handles well, solid fuel economy, noisy but easily drowned out with a few more watts, overall not much to complain about.

Still going strong

MikefromOkanagan, 06/20/2016
ES 4dr Sedan

My wife got this car new and now I drive it. I average roughy 10,000 Kms (about 6200 miles) per year. My commute to work is mixed city and highway driving and the 3 speed auto box does just fine. With proper winters it's decent in the snow as well. Have had to replace some sensors and seals but nothing major and the car is 16 years old. My mechanic uses aftermarket sensors which are cheaper and have better quality seals. This one being the base with no ABS, traction control, power windows, power locks means theres less to go wrong. Still a solid basic commuter Traded her in as we found a steal of deal on a low mileage lease return. Ran perfectly on the drive to the dealer. Hope she serves her new owner as well as she did us

Been a very good car

Barry, 06/01/2010

My wife bought the car with about 60,000 miles on it about 6 years ago. Now has 144,000 and going strong. The only things I can fault manufacture quality to, are a bad oil pressure sensor and a tensioner pulley. Other than that it has been very reliable.

Sad to see it go

LuvMyNeon, 07/01/2009

I have had my Neon for over 8 years now. I love this car, most of the time. I would gladly have purchased another if Dodge hadn't stopped making them! In the 8 years I've had it, I've put 108,000 miles on it(currently at 121,000+). Other than routine maintenance, I had very few problems with this car. I replaced the front brakes twice, back brakes once, replaced the timing belt and the alternator. The car always idled a little roughly, especially when it was getting close to needing an oil change. The locks on the car did freeze frequently in the winter and the driver's lock broke completely earlier this year. I'm sad to see my baby go!

I love my Neon!

ambee3, 02/04/2006

I bought my Neon a year ago. So far I've had no problems with it, just new tires. I bought it when I wrecked my Intrepid and I needed a car in a fix. I bought my Neon for $4,500 with 27,000 miles on it. I've never cared much for Neons because I used to work at an auto parts store and people that had them would always complain about them. But it was a good deal when I needed one. A year later, I'm glad that I bought this car.

2000 Dodge Neon

leviathaan, 02/27/2014

I bought my 2000 Dodge Neon automatic with 40,000 miles on it, it currently has 259,000. No real issues, replaced all 4 struts, rotors and 1 battery in the 7 years I've owned it. It has a slight tick in the engine, but other than that nothing wrong with this one, even after hearing all the horror stories, mine is still going. It still gets 30mpg in both the summer and winter.

Awesome

parker21, 07/05/2012

What a great little car! I bought it as my first car for $300 with 149000 miles not too bad for 12 years old. It has few problems but I heard neons are easy to work on. Its also very comfortable and more interior room and features compared to the older past generation neon. Hope to have this car for a long time and get it running in time to get my license wish me luck with my new car eveyone bye! 2000 Dodge neon ES Automatic

My Neon

Tina, 04/04/2002

Never had any problems or complaints with this car! Dealer and manufacturer service has been excellent! Had lots of compliments on my car - would recommend owning a car like mine to anyone!

Gotta have one

redhottneon2k2, 04/17/2002

I was eerie about buying a Dodge Neon when in the market and accidently stumbled accross an ES Sedan with rear spoiler, Eagle LS tires, automatic, 2.0L V4. Has awesome power and easy get up and go. The only thing I have had it in the shop for was the damage done in a wreck which was easily replaced not repaired cause all the parts come off the frame and reinsures stability without having to weaken the structure. I was T-Boned on the drivers side, and can say that the car saved my life. The only other thing I was in for was a recall which took them 15 minutes to replace.

12345...8