Used 2003 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Sebring for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

chrysler sebring/ has been a great car/194,000 miles and going strong.

melissa0207, 02/20/2013
LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just wanted to say, i own a 2003 chrysler sebring, it still looks great, and runs great, of course ive had to do work on it, but what car 10 years old ,would you not? It is a good looking car and has 194,000 miles on it. Some people don't beleive it ,because it looks so good. this has been an exceptionally good car and still is. The only complaint i have with this car is the dash cracking!

coupe

justin, 10/03/2002
LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Graet fun car to drive. Exceptional value.

Mopar Or No Car....?

brycmtthw, 05/23/2012
LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first car. I was looking for a Chrysler or a Dodge car, full or mid size (wouldn't consider a Neon..).(Yes I know its a Mitsubishi) I had looked at Concorde, Intrepid, 300M, Sebring Sedan and a couple of the coupes. I ultimately settled on the coupe. The 2.5G is the best looking IMHO. Modern, and cleaner looking than before. The 3.0 Mitsubishi engine and the AUTO are excellent! The interior is comfortable, the Infinity stereo is awesome! But the dash, they are known for warping in the defrost area. but for the price and the mileage on the car, it was a steal! Beware that 91 octane fuel is recommended! other wise I love my Sebring!

Don't believe all you read

bruiser, 11/05/2002
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Drove everything out there, SUV's,midsize sedans and entry level luxury and for the money the Sebring is hard to beat. Nice body,tight handling,powerful engine(V-6),roomy interior and thousands less than the competition.Read all the put-downs about the Sebring but my advice is drive one and see for yourself. Compare it to the Camry,Altima and Passat and look at the handling,ride,quietness,power,interior room and the looks. THEN look at the cost.Easy decision for me.

2003 to 2013 Ten year in the making.

simnimbus, 01/06/2014
LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Since 2003, the belts, starter, radiator, idle air control unit, Tires, rear speakers, tune ups and oil changes were done over the past 10 years. Now at 130,000 mile, the struts are going to be replaced as well as the O2 sensors and the worn engine mounts. Inside the car, the visors, shift knob, automatic dimmer on the rear view mirror, steering wheel radio controls and the headlining are in need of repair. On the body, the paint on the bumper is starting to ware past the clearcoat, and the passenger side trunk in leaking and rusting inside the trunk on the underside behind the tail light. The car is a great mix of low cost performance and executive looks and middle class luxury.

Great Convert

Red, 12/25/2007
Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Fun car and noticed. Drives like a big car and handles almost like a sports car. The best (only) ragtop I've owned. I love it. Great car for the money.

Enjoying my blue coupe

Kimchee, 07/11/2004
LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have been pleased with the car, but there are a couple of buggy things about it. My car doors lock on their own after I leave the vehicle and the dealership said it can't be reprogrammed. So everytime I need to get in my car in my garage I have to unlock the doors again. I also had to have a new instrument cluster installed because the tachometer was working sporadically. The dealer couldn't set my mileage on the new odometer, so now I have miles on the odometer with the REAL miles on a sticker on the inside driver's door. Other than that, I have been pleased with the car and it really is a head turner.

I love this car

Linsey, 09/30/2007
LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this car 4 years old and I believe it still drives like it did when the first buyer bought it. It is fun and stylish. It gives the feel of a sports car without the price tag or insurance boost. Whoever designed this car needs a raise! This car is for someone who loves driving. You would have to be able to get up and down easily and not have to get to the back seat very often.

My first car

mike52583, 10/28/2012
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My parents bought me this car in July 2009 for $8252 including tax. It had just over 59k mi. My mother thought the front end was too long. I mainly liked the body style and the power-adjustable driver's seat. After 3 mo, spent over $2k on all recommended maintenance to do at 60k mi + $600 fixing transmission. Later had tie rods & engine mounts replaced; timing belt+ water pump replaced at 78.5k mi. Spent at least $4,000 in maintenance in the 38 months I owned the car. It never broke down on me. Starting the car, always heard 2 clear cranks, then engine started. Just sold it at just under 79k mi in Oct. 2012.

A Reliable, Efficient Car

Mike R, 08/19/2008
LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Our experience has been very positive. The most surprising was the excellent gas mileage - 29-30mpg regularly on the road. 24-25 in town. We consider this great for the performance of the engine. Everything has worked well except the seat heaters but that's not too much inconvenience. We taken this car everywhere and it drives well - up mountains, in the snow, in the desert, and along the coast. We've put lots of bags and gear in there when family comes to visit. We're smaller people so the lower head room doesn't bother us but it would bigger people. Electronics and power options have performed well.

This car is a beatuiful beast!

Maxx, 08/21/2008
LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

How do I put this, how about the best car in the world! I love my sebring. Nice leather seats with multi disk all power doors Windows seats and moon roof. This car is classy, sporty, and amazing. Good for all ages and probably one of the only good American made cars out there. I'd suggest the LXi and not the LX, and definitely the new bigger engine as the old one doesn't have very high acceleration for me, but its okay for my wife. Great great car, never had any problems that weren't unexpected. Has 120,000 miles and still runs like new. Thank you Chrysler

Great upscasle car

Ray Hatfield, 09/18/2009
LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I specifically went looking for a reasonably priced 2003 sedan because I think it was the last sporty Sebring produced. It was purchased with an extended B to B warranty that i have used twice to replace power seat motor and A/C evaporator. Both weren't working right when purchased at 56,000+ miles. I also had to replace factory original tires. the transmission needed a computer upgrade to fix erratic down shift problem. Other than that the car has needed nothing but oil changes. The 2.7 V6 purrs with excellent performance and decent gas mileage. I run Prolong in the oil for a 100% engine guarantee as long as I own the car, and recommend it.

really great looking sedan

Ray H, 10/30/2009
LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I went looking for this specific model car and bought it at a really great price. I added a full warranty that got my leaky evaporator fixed for nothing. Otherwise the car has been great. the previous owner did not take great care of the car, but it was in great mechanical shape except for the A/C problem and poor shifting of the transmission. Since it had less than 70,000 miles on it, I had the dealer look at it, and with a computer upgrade, now it shifts perfectly. I run Prolong in the engine and it gets around 26 mpg on the freeway at 65 mph. I cannot complain, for a 200 hop V6 engine, that is great mileage. the engine is bigger than my 95 Dodge Stratus and gets better mileage.

I'm so disappointed in Chrysler

OcalaJo, 06/25/2010
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've only owned Chrysler products (30+ yrs.); this is my last. The car is beautiful (after 7.5 yrs., the exterior is almost as beautiful as new, roomy, handles great, feels solid, the stereo is fantastic. It's a great ride--when it's working properly. But, the car spends so much time with my mechanic, I feel like it's cheating on me! Right after warranty expired, so did the transmission, and it's been one thing after another since! I've never had so many things go wrong with one car--and I've owned two others for 10+ years each! I'm really sad to be looking at other manufacturers' vehicles now.

First Convertible

kketchum, 02/08/2011
LXi FFV 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car from my dad, who luckily for me, kept it very clean and up to date on all of it's scheduled maintenance. It's been a great first convertible to own. I plan on driving it until it doesn't run anymore, which will probably quite some time from now. The leather interior, heated seats, 6 disc changer make it hard for me to find another convertible with the same features for the value that I've gotten with this car. Plus, I get lots of attention in it when the top is down - someone always needs directions! :)

Classy and Sporty with a hint of Luxury

GregginStPete, 02/15/2003
LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Today marks one month with my '03 Sebring LXI Coupe. To date I am very pleased with my purchase and also enjoy a level of exclusivity that was not expected. The Sebring is an interesting blend of Japanese components and American Design, with some German influence thrown into the mix. (Mitsubishi, Chrysler, and Mercedes). I have not seen another car like mine on the road and receive a good amount of looks from other drivers often in high-end vehicles. Overall I find the Sebring to be a sporty blend of luxury and style with a good amount of passenger and cargo room. Fit and finish are good and better than most American cars.

put to th test

Sunshyne, 06/14/2009
Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love cars! I get it from my dad he had every classic car with power while he was growing up.So i get it honest I will put a car to the test. I had a mustang GT growing up..poor car..lol! I hust recently got my sebring and she is great, alot more than I expected from a FWD car. She will take curb at 60+ and can stop on a dime. Great suspension and she is quick off the start...i din not know an automatic could bark tires in 3rd gear..love it

Good, and Reliable

tman24, 04/11/2011
LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for a year and a half. The previous owners treated it like crap, as in the oil looked like it had never been changed and the brakes ate the rotors, and there were cigarette burns in the seats. I got it for 3500 in 2009. I cleaned it out, changed the oil and brakes. Since then i haven't had any problems(short of vandalism) with the car. I bought it with 54k on it. It now has 75k and it feels better actually. You cant even feel the engine running, and shifts are smooth. I do all my own maintenance so i now know the car like the back of my hand. I feel the engine will last me at least 200k(my grandma sold hers with no problems at 150k).

The Old Man's Toy

Claude Mock, 05/25/2016

Sebrings Rock

bremensedai99, 10/30/2002
Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Driving in this vehicle is sooooo fun. While the interior design is not as good as the 2000 model, it is still a gorgeous vehicle. Drives great, looks great, sounds great.

Sebring as reliable as ever

slider5, 11/12/2002
LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Works great. Good performance.

Excellent car

Peter Larsen, 11/28/2002
LXi FFV 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have been close to 100% satisfied with my Sebring conv. True: It's not quite at Audi or BMW levels when it comes to interior plastics, but if it had cost $15000 more, it probably would have. It is very rigid (a pleasure to drive over diagonal RR- crossings !) Engine is happy to do what you ask it to, excellent. Transmission adjusts itself to shift a bit on the slow side, but that's most likely due to my agerage driving style (bumper to bumper traffic). I have had a couple of minor problems, one power window went bad after the car was rust- proofed (by the dealer). Not their fault really, and handled without discussion. Highly recommened.

Wow...impressive car.

stvkrenim, 12/13/2002
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car has a surprisingly comfortable and quiet ride, a dramatic improvement over the '96 Cirrus I used to own. The interior seems a lot nicer, too. The car's engine is peppy enough for most situations, but when you really want to get moving quickly, the 2.4L engine is somewhat taxed by the car's weight. It never really feels truly underpowered...but it never feels like it has power to spare, either.

I Love My Sebring!

Jonathan Anoldussen, 12/26/2002
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Yes, I've only had my car for a month, but truly love driving the car. The reason I only gave it a 9/10 for reliability and build quality is that there have already been a few tiny problems in the car, such as a creaking driver door and whistling vents. However, short of a 300M, I've never driven such a gorgeous car!

Never Again

luckypilot, 07/17/2011
LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

As a family we have owned our Sebring since new. It was one of those cars that would never fail for anything. Recently (within the past 6 months) if one thing has gone wrong everything has. Transmission, Cats, Head gasket, intake manifold gaskets. After nothing but Chryslers in our family since 1992, I am currently looking to buy something from another brand.

My 2003 Sebring

cooldiva, 02/21/2003
LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased my 2003 Sebring LXI 2 months ago and I am exceptionally please with the smooth ride and dazzling exterior! Now it not only looks sporty, it's looks more stylish and classier!! I also love the front grille and the reshaped hood. This car is so appealing and such a head turner! I feet so cool riding down the rode in my beautiful black LXI coupe. Thank you for the better paint because I had problems with my paint on my 1998. I also love the 4-CD in dash with the 7 speakers!!!! Also the new stainless steel look inside is such an eye catcher! So as you can see I am truly enjoying my new redesigned 2003 Coupe!

2003 Sebring

Mr. C, 07/12/2003
LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The car is fun to drive, gets excellent gas mileage, and rides very comfortably. It has plenty of power, and handles well. The interior is very roomy and seats four comfortably. Trunk space is a bit limited, but fold down rear seats reduce that problem.

I love my car

Dolores Mercer, 07/25/2003

I love driving it. It handles corners really well. Smooth

Chrysler Seibring

Dublinvet, 07/25/2003
LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love the convertible. The easiest top to put up and down that you could possibly have. The front end suspension however has and is still the weak link in the car. Chrysler still hasn't solved the poor front end suspension problem

Love it, has few probs,saved me in wreck

Lindsey, 03/03/2004
GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have only had the Sebring GTC convertible for half a year but I love the car. It was so much fun in summer. I recently got in a really bad car accident. The police told me that I was lucky to walk away. I'm not saying that the Sebring is safe, because convertibles are definitely not the safest cars to drive, but the crumple zones worked and the airbags deployed. So despite a few bruises, I walked away fine. Overall, I love it and it is so much fun. In my first wreck I get hit from behind and the guy’s car was smashed pretty badly and all I got was a small dent in the bumper. But in my head on crash, the whole engine and transmission got destroyed.

WOW

Daniella, 05/12/2003
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just got the car and it is amazing! The handling is incredible, the maneuvering so easy, and it is so smooth and quiet. The sound system is crystal clear and the entire thing feels so luxurious and safe. I am a younger driver and it is very important for me to have an extremely well made car for safety reasons. This car is so high quality it's unbelievable. So fun to drive, I find myself looking for places to go!

Don't Buy!

bronsonc, 11/08/2014
LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used from a reliable source, and boy I regret ever since. First the springs went out, Chrysler charged me 1200. Then oil started to leak, had to fix that. Then the headlights wouldn't turn off, and electronics such as the heated seats stop working. But most of all, the engine starting knocking and I had to throw it out. Parts are expensive, and Dealers a pain. Done with GM!

Me! Me! Me!

Bob JOnes, 10/24/2002
Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

A very cool and good looking car!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

wannie, 11/20/2002
Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love it. I love it. I love it. Now repeat after me. I love it. I love it. I love it.

Great little care

jscoach, 08/03/2006
LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'll probably trade it in for a hybrid, but I really love this little car.

Misfiring, took them 5 weeks

MattyPython, 10/10/2009
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car in april, no problems til august took it to the shop, they replaced over 3 thousand dollars worth of parts and it was still misfiring but only when hot. Finally after close to six weeks of it being in the shop they have the nerve to charge us four hundred bucks for some wires. These are poorly built cars.

tight

wu, 07/24/2003
LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

the ride is off da rip. i crooz and pick up mamas in it. hey it worked for me.

More fun than a Mercedes

JohnnieA, 07/24/2003
LXi FFV 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The Chrysler sebring convertible that replaced my E320 is more fun to drive and I feel actually handles better than any of my previous 3 Mercedes. It' also less expensive to run.

good car

n312pe, 07/24/2003
LXi FFV 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

this is my second chrysler convertable both have not given me any trouble at all would buy again at the end of this lease.

SEBRING

pamperdenise, 07/24/2003
Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Sebring in 2 years, my last one went to my son. Safe and fun car.Only thing that would help living in toll booth city ( chicago Area) would be the coin dish or slots where you can reach handy. I have seen the adjustable cup holders in other cars. that would be a plus in this cars new design.

Sebring Fever

Hugh Beaugez, 07/24/2003
Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Sebring convertible. It's not how many miles per galleon but how many smiles per mile you get!

I love My Sebring

mascvers, 07/24/2003
Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Sebring Convertible. This is my second one, back to back.

great car!

LadyPam, 07/24/2003
LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. It's not a compact, is very stable and gets great gas mileage.

My Sebring Convertible

Mb, 07/24/2003
LXi FFV 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a sebring convertable a year ago and have fully enjoyed the driving experience. I am slightly disapointed in the ride, not as comfortable as I thought. The "blind spot" right rear area is troublesome but bearable. The heated seats are a plus, the easy up/down top and the cover are terrific. Should have done this ten years ago.

Sebring Convertable Review

Chas. Wells, 07/24/2003
LXi FFV 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Rides well - handles well and gets good mileage. Has been reliable in the five months we have had it.

the comfort zone....

dottie, 07/24/2003
LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i was hesitating, at first, but after I took the inital test drive I was sold...it handles well and is fun to drive....

Fun Car

Allbrake, 07/24/2003
LXi FFV 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Just a real fun car, has pep when you need it, and it is reliable. It always get a second look from people, it's lines are sharp and it handles excellent

Excellent car!

elenav4, 07/24/2003
LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

A great family car. Something you can feel young in and safe!

Jim's Patroit Blue Convertible

jimmatt766, 07/24/2003
Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My decision to buy a convertible was made before I looked at the Chrysler. What brought me to the Sebring was that it was a stylish four passanger car that gave it looks and made it functional for a family. I selected Patroit blue with a cream leather interior. This car turns heads! It is fun to drive and comfortable on extended trips. There are some interior things I would change such as the location of the front cup holders. All in all I am satisfied with the purchase.

Chrysler Sebring Convertible!

snidder, 07/24/2003
LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Sebring for a year, and I love it as much as I did the very first day I drove it home.

51050