Used 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews

Used PT Cruiser for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

I hate this car

faithygirl, 07/20/2008

I bought this car and the next day had to take it back because of it shaking. Fast forward to two years later we have had new bushings, new engine, new axle, and much much more work done to it. It still shakes in third gear they cant seem to fix it and it is not a normal shake the original dealer that we bought it from has finally said it is normal and won't have anymore to do with it. We have bought two other cars just so we don't have to drive this one anymore This is by far the worse car i have ever driven.

Never Again

JoeCool, 01/13/2009

I got rid in my Jeep Liberty for this car looking for better mileage. As it was a nice looking car and 0% the salesman talked me into it. I don't think I am getting any better mileage. I too have had with water/snow staining the seats,they look terrible. I have had my car at the dealer 5 times now over the last month. The power steering unit went out. I had also reported a leak. The first time was reported over-filling off fluid, continued leak. I believe an oil ring was replaced, still a leak. Today I am told the head gasket needs replaced. I will never buy a Cruiser/Chrysler vehicle ever. I am greatly dissapointed in what I can't wait to get rid of it!

Wouldn't do it again

Cali, 01/08/2008

I traded in my Jeep Grand Cherokee for this car/wagon. I was looking for something with good fuel economy as I drive 90% in the city. I liked the looks of the PT and the salesman talked me into it due to it having a gas "sipping" 4 cylinder. I have no idea how people are getting 17 or more mpg? I've put in new plugs, tuned it, and put in a KN high flow filter and I average 15.9 mpg with a standard commute. The shop says "to bad". I gave up 4 wheel drive, room, and v8 performance for an extra 3mpg? I've had similar problams with water staining the seats, I can't get the headrest in a comfortable spot, and the speakers already sound like they are about to blow? I would never buy one again.

Love it

anniepoo, 01/27/2008

I traded in my Jeep Grand Cherokee for this fun, zippy little car after renting one while on vacation. I have always wanted a convertible, and living in Austin, we have the perfect weather for it, seeing as we really only have about 2 weeks of winter here. It is such a blast to leave work, put the top down and take the long way home. I get lots of comments on how 'cute' it is compared to the standard 4 door model.

No Regrets So Far

Ms. Lee, 08/07/2009

This was a used car purchase. I love the style & design of the car but everything else is pretty much a disappointment. The gas mileage is poor, the seats are uncomfortable and stained, the window openers should be on the door, making a U-turn is a joke, the car shakes a bit at 65 MPH, and it is hard to see out from the back and front sloping window design (very dangerous). Luckily I have had no problems with the engine, steering or anything electrical. (keeping my fingers crossed).

cool car

cool car, 10/31/2009

i purchased this car after renting one love the ride and power rentel had 42000 miles on it i bought this one brand new at first hated it it was bad on gas but after about 25000 miles it was like some one flipped a switch 24 mpg and car is driven by two different drivers would own another one curently have 50000 miles on it

If you have a big butt like me

musemgr, 05/23/2010

Then this might not be the car for you. I traded in my luxury car for this due to the recession and I love that it's dependable and economical re gas, service and repairs. It's a little noisy (but I admit I was spoiled) but the cost differential makes up for it. Oh and don't go without Cruise control. I hate that I'm missing cc.

gas guzler

Yolanda Johnson, 08/26/2005

My biggest problem is gas. This car eats up gas.Under the hood is too compacted. Can't see anything or if anything is leaking

Stylin' and Smilin'

Gerry Grossman, 10/29/2005

The PT is a comfortable, beautifully designed sun-tanning machine. With the turbo it is fun to drive, and with the top down, it's a blast.

2005 GT/2006 Limited Owner Reviews

Brad, 05/08/2006

Have two - a 2005 GT and a 2006 Limited. The 2005 GT is truly an amazing car for the money with great build quality. Visually, the design integrates some of the best styling cues of the 30s and 40s, but the design and engineering is cutting-edge. I haven't had this much fun and performance since my 1964 GTO! The 2006 Limited gets over 25 MPG, is comfortable and a great value. Both have lots of room and a solid, quality feel.

12345...16