Used 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews

Used PT Cruiser for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

Love in Bloom

LLG, 08/22/2005

I really love this car. It is fun fun fun to drive and I love fussing over it at home like I was seventeen again and it's 1969. The dealership was totally awesome..no pressure they didn't know they were making a sale by leaving me alone with this beauty. The ease of the top is great and makes it accessible at a moments notice. I named mine "The Last Hurrah!!" Also the PT cruiser itself never really did much for me...but this convertable just said we were made for each other!!!

'06 PT Cruiser convert

rpesti, 09/12/2006

I like this "little" car. Excellent seating (i'm 240 6ft) seat a little hard, may soften up. Could be softer like the sebring seats- it's a cruiser after all. Basically, all is well but the gas mileage. I'm not a leadfoot driver but i'm getting 17 mpg/city 22 highwy. Much different than what brochures say. Purch 6/06 1850mi at 9/06. Called both dealer and mfr & they say you know -these mileage estimates are done under certain conditions & everyone will get different mpg according to their driving habits Blah,blah,blah. Seems the engine is too small for the size of this car like it's under a load and straining i have the touring ed w/ turbo. I look forword for the v6 edtion!

Fun car to drive

Russell Wells, 10/24/2006

This car is a roomy and a fun car to drive. My wife and I just love it.And I will buy a nother one.

PT Convertible in Annapolis

John K., 11/11/2006

I've put 30,000 miles on my PT convertible in 18 months and have yet to return to the dealer with problems. It's a fun car, but is very functional for a convertible. Four people can ride in comfort, you can flip the rear seats down for long cargo. The trunk lid is an issue, as you must nearly stand on your head to access the trunk. Love the car!

lovin the vanilla

doubleshotback, 03/14/2008

I just bought my 06 touring conv. a few weeks ago and have to say luuuuv this car. Its fun peppy and sharp looking. never thought i would own a white car but that cool vanilla color totally got my attention. gas mileage was a little lower than expected but ya know i can live with it and do a few minor improvements under the hood to squeeze out a few more mpgs

great little run-a-bout

sugahbear, 05/29/2008

I bought a 2001 PT in 2002 from an individual - really loved the retro- styling. It turned out to be a great buy - only had 2 warranty-covered problems. I traded it on the 2006 with 23K miles. The '06 is fantastic - nice upgrades from the '01. Mileage could be better although the '06 is better than the '01 - needs another gear - 5-spd auto. But all in all, a pleasure to own - really cheap to own. Cost me $600/year in depreciation to own the '01.

A early Christmas gift to myself.

V.White, 12/23/2016
4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got a used 2006 Pt crusier on Dec.5th of this year. It was very clean and only had 48000 mi. I just loved it . Then on the 11th of Dec. I started to hear a noise in the front end and the engine was shaking so, I figured I would have it looked at when I got my next check. Well every day it would start out ok but after the 3rd day I stopped driving it. The reason I stopped driving it was because on my way home with my dogs and I was coming up to a red light and there was a truck in front of me and I had the brakes pushed as far down as I could when the brakes did not even work and a terable grinding sound so I pulled the park brake and still hit the truck...we were ok just shaking and the truck...But what gets me is the brake light has never come on , or a airbag deploy...I will try to sell it but I will let them know of this problem and im sure to lose a good part of what I paid..Let's just say people have to die before a recall on most all parts and y his car is truly not safe.

pt loser

wintkel, 11/29/2011

dealer commited fraud, forged papers, car only got 18 mpg. poor service from chrysler and dealer, could not get warranty work done as parts not available, in the 2 years owned car windows never worked. chrysler advertised a 3 day test drive, wrong, false advertising, don't tell you if you have a trade in that does not apply. dealer called pt cruiser american, wrong, made in Mexico. dealer sold us extended warranty, why do you need this on a 39 month lease when the warranty from chrysler is 36 month, more dealer fraud.

Great car

Dick Studdard, 08/04/2006

Drove the car 10,000 miles and then the crank bearing went out on me. The crank bearing was installed wrong and caused the seal to also go causing the motor to lose all the oil. The dealer had to instal a short block in the car. The car handles great and I am very pleased with the power in the high output 4.2 turbo motor. It handles like a sport car.

Nice car

Dennis, 06/23/2008

My Pt is my go to school car. I drive 60 miles day, 40 miles interstate, 20 miles town driving, I average 28 to32 mpg at 65 mph and depending on the weather . I put a k and n air filter and bosch platinum spark plugs. This brought my mpg up 4 to 6 mpg. Love the looks and cargo space by folding up the back seats, you can haul a lot of stuff. I like the head room 4 adults can ride very comfortable, and I get around traffic easier.

12345...16