Used 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews

Used PT Cruiser for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

Please - where did you all get your PT?

Jo, 10/08/2006

I have had nothing but disappointment with my PT. Yes, it is cute and sporty, but the last 4 tanks of gas have gotten me 17.4, 17.3 16.4 and 16.4 miles to the gallon! I have called, had the car looked at with Chrysler giving me excuses about the engine is new, it needs to be broken in, you are not driving it right, you have to change how you drive...It is a 4-cyl car, I repeat 4-cyl car, and should be getting better mileage. I drive 50% city and 50 % highway. My parents 8 cyl Jaguar getting better mileage... The car is simply average but sells on emotion, sentimentality and looks. My only regret is that I may be waiting 1 year to trade it in for a better performing and economical car.

Used As A Designer Car

ptcrusier, 04/06/2013

The second owner which we were looking for a vehicle that is good on gas, is reliable, room, and with a look for the designers. Never had a only have had Jeep Wranglers with Chrysler and being a car and not a car person it is cool to drive at night how it lights up. The only problem is the AUX set broke when hooked into a I-PHONE but most factory stereo are junk any way. Very Happy with this car and am going to set up for company used vehicle runner/ designer cars. COST OF OUT COME EVALUATION!

New arrival

pt109, 07/08/2010

I've had less than a week and have put almost 800 miles on the the little thing. Last car was a Crown Vic so torque seems a bit on the thin side. Love the top down and quiet with top up. as far as styling goes people either love or hate them. I love it. every time I get behind the wheel I think beetle because of the body color dash and view over the hood. Ride/handling trade off seems perfect for this sporty but not sports car. I was hoping for better mileage than my Vic but so far it is about the same. Disappointing for a 4 Cylinder, but I didn't buy it because it was an econobox.

Family pet

Anonymous, 12/06/2010

We bought this car new. 180 hp turbo has get up and go. Amazingly comfortable, expecially considering exterior dimensions. Seats front and rear are comfortable. Lots of room. Easy to see out of. Ride is smooth. We take it on trips in preference to our 2005 Volvo V70 2.5T. Very reliable. Only one repair: windshield washer nozzle replaced. Dealer says front brakes look like they haven't been used. We love our Cruiser.

Lemon Lemon Lemon

Lance Bass, 07/27/2006

PT Cruisers are lemons. After only 6 months with a brand new PT Cruiser I had to have the engine replaced and the entire electrical wiring replaced. The car has spent more time in the shop than it has spent in my drive way. Do not buy a pt cruiser.

Just plain fun and an eye catcher

Tink, 08/06/2006

I LOVE my PT cruiser convertible. At first it wasn't what I wanted, but top on my list was to get a convertible and this one was the most affordable. It is purple and believe me I get lots of comments. The interior is spacious, it's easy to get into, the trunk is not bad, not huge but sufficient, gas mileage is acceptable. My biggest complaint on this model is the lever that pulls the front seat foward, my 9 yr old has a rough time with it and sometimes so do I. Overall this is a terrific car! Its not as sleek and sexy as other convertibles, what it lacks in 'looks' it makes up for in personality!

My PT Cruiser

Bob, 12/02/2006

This is my everyday drive to work car. Mine is the five-speed stick wagon. The edmunds review does not do the standard engine justice when paired with the manual trans. It has more torque and off-the-line power than the '95 Neon I used to drive. This is a nice car to drive in most any traffic with the hydraulic clutch and a nice shifter feel. This is no hot-rod by any means but it is a nice, useful flexible car.

Luvin my buggy

Cindy, 08/09/2008

I have had a Blue/gray Turbo convertible for 1 year purchased used at 6000 miles. Luv it. Like the roll over bar. VERY disappointed that Chrysler is discontinuing the convertible. Needs Improvement with gas mileage, rear visibility, turning radius. Would love GPS, self dimming rear view, and backup warning system Otherwise, everything I wanted in an economical classy convertible, a real head turner.

cute ain't always good

Harvey Clark, 10/15/2016
GT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car gets about 16 mpg city and 21 mpg hwy, and MUST have premium fuel. Repairs are VERY expensive and best done by a dealer, you will not be able to do anything yourself. The entire car is poorly engineered. The battery is half hidden under the fender and very hard to get in and out, I tried to replace it once and did $250 in damage to surrounding parts ( plastic- dealer only ). The drivers seat adjustment switch is molded into a large plastic panel on the side of the seat. If you are short enough to comfortably drive the car, then you are to short to get in and out without putting pressure on this piece. Ours has broken twice, it's $350 to replace ( dealer only ). These are just two examples.This is my wifes' car ( her 2nd ) and has only 70K miles since purchasing it new, the AC is currently out for the 5th time. When I drive the car, I tilt my head to the right to keep from touching the headliner, and still have limited forward visibility. The roof line is so low in front it is a chore to see a traffic light and I am just a little shy of 6 FT. By the way, her first PT cruiser had to have an engine replacement at 13K miles.

Love My PT GT!

blue star, 06/29/2008

According to my service adviser the PT is among a few cars that only come in for maintenance. I drive approximately 100 miles per day and she is a joy to drive. It has loads of passenger room, the rear seats fold down flat to allow a good surface to carry lots of things. The controls are easy to access, she drives smooth as silk and the stiffer suspension lets me enjoy curves. She has new Eagle Tires which are an improvement over the originals, the Turbo is responsive, fit and finish is very good, bluetooth, sirius radio and 6 CD changer. Originally I leased a Touring model to be sure, I'm sure I love this car. It's distinctive styling is a stand out but she's not just beautiful...

12345...16