Used 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used PT Cruiser for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

My Crusier

maci93, 11/30/2007

Love to drive it. Only get around 18 miles to the gallon. Doesn't turn well in close quarters. Doubt I will keep it.

Fair Car To Drive

irontree23, 03/24/2008

The steering is not as easy to whip when you are in tight spaces, I traded my 2005 Dodge Dakota with the V8 and all of the goodies for this car I always wanted it since it was produce in 2000 but at the time it was very overpriced. The seats stain even when the snow hit it. Also very bad trade in value.

Love this car

dewyonna, 04/02/2008

I would never suggest buying a pt cruiser. 1st off the Chrysler dealer has had my car more than I have. I really do hate this car. Every time I turn around something is wrong and I am always told by the dealer that the car is fine well then in about 2 weeks the car is tore up again. I really can't wait to get sell this car and just b/c I have had bad customer service with this car I would never buy another Chrysler again. Oh, wait, and when it's raining if the rain gets on the seats it will stain big time. It has a really wide turning radius. Don't buy a PT.

Too Many Repairs

kt, 04/18/2008

Loved my cruiser for first 32,000 miles. I traveled extensively in my job so maintenance is always a priority. In 50,000 miles bushings replaced, left front wheel bearing and it's still not fixed. The other wheel bearings will need replacing which shouldn't have occurred for a much longer time. Transmission problems, over 4 RPM going 50 mph even though the dealership said it was fine. Difficult to handle on the highway which wasn't a problem in beginning. Met other 2006 owners who travel a lot experiencing similar problems. One who buys PT Cruisers said 2006 has more problems than all the other PT Cruisers he has owned. Maybe this is why they didn't put the 100,000 mile warranty.

PT l loser

sucker, 04/22/2008

Car is fun to drive but gas mileage is lousy and Chrysler's customer service sucks. I will never buy a Chrysler again because they do not respect their customers even though they make some very interesting fun cars

Gets me where I'm going

Vee, 07/24/2020
Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

That it keeps me going from A-Z and would be a perfect car for someone who wants to go to work and back, grocery shop and visit etc

Power steering belt replaced 3 times!

Pam F, 08/17/2020
4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my PT cruiser new in 2006. After a couple years it started making a loud noise when I turned the wheel to park. It got louder till one day I could hardly turn the steering wheel. Had a broken power steering belt. Cost around 300.00 to fix. Couple years later, same thing happened. It always seemed to happen in the winter when it was cold and snowy. It happened a 3rd time! Other than that I like the car. But this was a big problem with it and would not buy another. Wondering if anyone else experienced this.

51050