2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica Hybrid model:

Unbelievable!
By Jim

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid EVT)

We are now 90 days into of ownership of the Chrysler Pacifica hybrid and we couldn't be more satisfied. Mechanics have been flawless. Road manners are impeccable. Acceleration is smooth as silk. Quality interior components abound.
This is truly an impressive vehicle.
And get this. We’ve filled with gas only twice just to keep the V-6 driven components exercised.
That said, there are at least five compelling reasons you should consider the Chrysler Pacifica hybrid:
1. Federal tax credit of $7500 (mitigates the up-front sticker price considerably)
2. Rated #3 in hybrid/electric vehicles by U.S. News & World Report. See: https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/hybrid-suvs
#1 Porsche Cayenne @ $79,900
#2 Jaguar I Pace @ $85,900
#3 Chrysler Pacifica @ $45,400
#4 Toyota Highlander @ $48,500
#5 Tesla @ $140,000
#6 Lexus RX @ $54,500
#7 Acura MDX @ $58,200
3. Made in the U.S.A
4. 33 miles on full charge or 12,045 miles per year on plug-in electric (takes 12 hours on 110; 2 hours on 220) = 12,045 miles per year!
5. Oodles of comfortable room!
One the most satisfying purchases of my lifetime.

family extremely happy and save
By Freddy florida

just buy this minivan two months ago, never drive a comfortable and luxury car, dealer delivery with a full tank i driven this beautiful machine for 3800 miles and i stil have a quarter tank, just love it, and i thanks chrysler to bring so much saving with on this minivan to our life. plus i will get $7500 tax credit on my taxes i do recommend to family members and many many friends

Saving gas is not worth risking your life!
By C.R.

5 day old 2018 hybrid Pacifica with 250 miles loses braking and power steering when engine stalls during a three point turn. Car was headed towards curb with pedestrians. Braking felt mushy at stop sign before but became unresponsive while in turn. Standing on brakes and cranking steering wheel still led to hitting curb to come to a stop. Fortunately traveling at a very slow speed. Car left family stalled with oncoming traffic on both sides. Attempted restart for 2-4 minutes while traffic continued to back up on both sides continually an increasingly dangerous situation. Car restated. Had car towed to dealership. Too terrified to drive it.

An expensive toy at $50,000
By D.P.

I used the car for one week and then it would not start anymore. There is a switch inside the hybrid battery that got stuck in the open position. Current could not flow back to the power train. I had to use a towing to send it back to the dealer. Remember a brand new car. Turns out that the whole hybrid battery had to be replaced. The repair took one month. According to the dealer, Chrysler-Detroit was trying to find the best route to fix the problem without replacing the hybrid battery. But one month? This is a strange situation considering that this is a brand new car with less than 400 miles. It seems to me that this is pinpointing to a design flaw. I filled the tank completely before the car stopped working. Gas was available. Why not shutting down the hybrid system when it stops working and go to 100% gas power train? What if the bug had occurred on the highway while I was driving? Not a pleasant thought. I bought the Chrysler Pacifica Limited for the extended security package which is quite impressive. However the basic security, a running car, is not warranted. We were planning to make long distance travels with this car. What if that sort of problem occurs while I visit Canada or any national park in the middle of nowhere? I bought a new car exactly to avoid reliability problems. This is a car designed to be driven in cities and suburbs where road assistance is easily provided. I wanted a tool. It looks like I got a toy, an expensive one.

Best minivan out there
By YY

OK, we are a minivan family. We just don't see why a family of 5 should get anything other than minivans. Previously we leased a 2012 Honda Odyssey touring. That worked well but near end of lease we had transmission problem. So we did not keep it beyond our lease. Then we leased a 2016 Kia Sedona SX. At the time, we felt that was only available minivan with all the tech (adaptive cruise, blind spot, auto high beam) and yet a 8 seater. Was super-reliable. Would have kept it but it had poor resale value - in fact the buy out was more than the actual value of the car so we passed. We just started leasing a 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. A $50K car - fully loaded, but with all the rebates and dealer discounts it was substantially cheaper (~$35K). This is the most awesome car not only in terms of value, but also of its quality interior, ride and overall refinement. Drives the first 30 miles in super quiet electric mode. We only need to get gas when we go out of town. The only complaint is 1) no driver seat memory (a pain - as we are used to his/hers seat settings; 2) no auto foldable mirror - for parking in tight garages; 3) lift gate not adjustable - I had to place foam on the back of the garage door to prevent the gate from smashing into the open garage door; 4) uncertain reliability (I see all the complaint about their Uconnect theater system - but ours has performed flawlessly); 5) uncertain resale value (but it is much more discounted to begin with - significantly cheaper than a comparably equiped Honda Odyssey Elite).