2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica Hybrid model:

20,000 miles in 10 months - LOVE it!
By Jerry Gentes

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid EVT)

Edmund’s got one thing I noticed wrong on their review. The 2nd row seats DO slide front and back - 5 positions in all. The only gripe on the seats is the cushioning is a bit firm. (Still love the seats in our 2001 T&C Limited the best!). But, after 20,000 miles, I LOVE this van. It gets awesome gas mileage! Just drove from IL to MA - 1160 miles - 32.8 mpg! I got 29 miles, at highway speeds, from the initial electric charge, but could not charge the battery after that. It still ran over 100 miles on electric (!), using brake regen and coasting down hills. It is all automatic - I just drive! (First 10,000 miles, highway MPG was around 27.5. At about 13,000 miles it appeared to be well broken in and began seeing 32-33 mpg highway consistently.). Also, love the Adaptive cruise control - makes stop and go slowdowns due to construction a breeze. And we decided to bring along two trim recliner chairs, 40” high. No problem! Stow the rear seat in the floor with a couple hand pulls, and the chairs both fit easily leaving 4 seating positions with luggage room. I have had some issues with recalls, but all have been handled by my Chrysler dealer with minimal hassle.

Love the PacHy!
By Mike Yu

This car is amazing. Great fuel economy (even without the battery), great features, and so comfortable. Feels like I’m driving a luxury car!

Wowzers! Bravo Pacifica!
By James

Before you plunk down the money and drive away in your next new car, do yourself a favor. Test drive and shop the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid minivan. OK! Your mom and dad drove minivans, but let me tell you, this is not their family hauler. We started out looking to replace our Honda CRV. Convinced by the 2018 CRV reviews, we were pretty certain the color of the replacement was the only choice we had to make. Then a Pacifica advertisement caught my wife's eye. First, we read the full Edmund's review. Convinced, but skeptical, we went shopping. At first, we zeroed in on the gas only version, then switched over to the plug-in hybrid. In what seemed like no time, we were sitting in front of the finance manager, anxious to get the keys! Here is what we love: quality materials inside and out, beautiful and logical instrument panel, noiseless drive train, excellent torque (aka "pick-up"), smooth/quiet/solid ride, extraordinary visibility, easy in and out, unbelievable mileage (the 30 mile range on the electric motor alone equates to10,950 miles/year!), incredible storage, hands free rear doors and tail gate and, although the price tag isn't cheap, the cost savings on annual fuel bills offsets the upfront price considerably. Here's what could better: the second row seats could be a little softer, the tires are a Korean brand - Nexen (stay tuned on these); and the frequency of repair and re-sale value have yet to be determined. All in all, the Pacifica's a home run, if not a grand slam. We love it and seeing the CRV in our Pacifica's rear view mirror!

Buggy / Bad Interface Design
By Lori G

We bought the hybrid Pacifica 6 months ago. We had never owned a Chrysler before and were a little nervous about that, but it was the only pluggable hybrid minivan on the market. That's really the only thing we like about the vehicle. We've had lots of what seem to be software bugs - inability to turn off climate control, Uconnect theater screen goes black (video player unusable), software upgrade errors, screens locked, prompting to re-enter anti-theft code again and again, etc. We called the dealer and they were unhelpful. My advice is to wait until a better car maker has an option.

A game changer
By Dr. T Rex

The Pacifica Hybrid is the first all new vehicle from FCA, and it shows in spades. This van is a joy to drive. Limousine like comfort with all the doodads. I purchased the subtle red with a beautiful mocha interior that rivals any luxury car. The seats are perfect for the mid size male. The height adjustment for the drivers seat barely suffices for the 5ft tall female driver. The lack of a memory drivers seat is a minor nuisance. The visibility is superb for such a large vehicle. The driving dynamics and the hushed sound levels and the comfortable ride make it the ideal vehicle for the over 65 tweeters who schlepp around their 90 year old parents as well as their adult children and grand children. The EVT transmission and the range blow away the gas only version. You will need to install a level 2 charger in your garage to get the most out of this vehicle. I am getting 34 mpg in combined city and highway driving. The infotainment system is second to none. I think this vehicle is a game changer and puts Chrysler back on the map. A great Uber Black Vehicle if one is so inclined. I am 65 and this is probably the last vehicle I will purchase. It exudes competence, excellent build quality, esthetics and comfort. Forget the snobby SUV. You do not have to be a vehicle snob to see the relevancy of this vehicle for everyday chores or the long distance road trip with your extended family. Kudos to Chrysler.