Used 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Consumer Reviews

Used Pacifica Hybrid for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

EVERY DAY IS A THRILL

Tony Bifulco, 02/25/2018
Touring L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid EVT)

I can almost get by every day with a charge from the level one charger and not use gasoline. I go weeks at a time without stopping for gas and average 75-80 mpg local driving. Using a/c and heat cuts down on the mileage. The electronics makes you aware of maintenance needs and cars performance. The second row of seats pop out and with the third row down i fit 2 twin mattresses and box springs and frames with room to spare. My only glitch seems to be the control panel screen goes out occasionally and I have not had it back for service yet to get it checked out . Would liked to have had the memory on front seat position. The driver assist features are great. I don't see any significant change in my electric bill.

I Love this Vehicle!

hamptona, 03/05/2018
Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid EVT)

This car is a parent's dream. It is stylish, comfortable, easy to fit 4 kids, has an amazing sunroof, handsfree sliding doors, great cargo space, beautiful seats, fuel efficient, and easy and pleasant to drive. The electronic Uconnect system is awesome... when it is working. My car is just a few months old and the Electronic screen is "glitchy". It freezes, leaving me with a crying toddler, that his "show is not working." Chrysler put out a system update, but no change for us. The dealer is stumped. I love this car, but am beginning to regret the purchase. Don't you buy a new car so that you can avoid the service department? Sooo inconvenient. Update 3/2020 We have had the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid for about 2.5 yrs now. I L.O.V.E this vehicle. The UConnect issue is now fixed, no thanks to the dealer. Chrysler automatically updates the software somehow and it is now working correctly. Occasionally it will glitch, but then I just turn it off and turn it back on and it is resolved. We have 3 kids and the automatic doors are fantastic. No pulling on a heavy trunk door, just push a button. Just love all the hands free options. The seats are great and the flexibility of the third row is ideal. I can't remember what interior colors were offered when we built the car, but I would not choose black again for the carpet. It shows too much. I would rather tan or brown. Our seats are a light grey and they don't really show dirt and look great. The navigation system is good, but I usually plug in my phone and use Android auto. etc. I love not having to go to the gas station but once every couple months. We also have a Tesla, which is the bomb... as a mom who occasionally forgets to plug in the car, having the gas tank in the Pacifica as a back up is nice. Once you get the habit down of plugging in, I rarely forget, unless I park in a different spot at the house. I really really like our Pacifica and think it is the best family car.

Better than expected but not perfect

Bob, 04/08/2018
Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid EVT)

I replaced my 2005 Chrysler T&C Limited with a Pacifica Hybrid Limited. With the federal and Colorado tax credits and the mfg. and dealer discounts the car only costs me a total of $310 per month on a 36 month lease. With gas savings its even better. So to be honest the purchase was mostly financial. However the vehicle is much better than I anticipated. The electric only performance is excellent. The car weighs 600 lbs more than my old T&C but actually feels lighter, more responsive, and quicker. A delight to drive. The car is very quiet but road/tire noise and ride quality are similar to my old T&C (which is good). Wind and engine/transmission noise are non existent. Handling and acceleration are much better. Its impressive that they were able to improve the handling while not degrading the ride quality. A Level 2 charger is a must though (15+ hours vs. 2.5 hours to charge). So you need to install 240 volt service in your garage (added cost). The seats are a little to firm (my 2005 T&C front seats are more comfortable). The lack of Stow-N-Go 2nd row seats is a noticeable loss but an acceptable trade off. The dial shifter is awkward as is the Homelink in the visor (minor issues). The interior is quite luxurious (not a good as a German car but good) The touch screen is very good and the various entertainment and driving aids are excellent. The 33 mile electric range (I've actually gotten better) with a Level 2 charger covers 90% of my driving so its almost as good as a pure electric with the benefit of being able to drive long distances. And it can carry a 4x8 sheet of plywood! The combination of luxury, utility and efficiency(and eco-friendly) can't be matched by any other vehicle. If they fixed the few issues mentioned above and increased the electric range to 50+ miles this vehicle would be perfect.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Pros & Cons

Paul W., 11/30/2017
Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid EVT)

First items posted below are new. The intermittent tail gate failure to close was finally resolved with replacement of the tail gate actuator. (New 1) - Like many new cars the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid does not have a spare tire. The tire size on the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid is not stocked by most tire stores and if not repairable they can be very expensive. A tire failure can ruin a vacation or even a trip to the store. There is no room to carry a spare. (New 2) - when plugged in and charging at the higher rate with a 240 volt charger be prepared for a periodic loud fan noise under the hood when the battery/electronic cooling system fans turn on. Sounds like a jet in our garage. (New -3) - Tail gate on occasion stops and reopens when closing. Dealer reduced frequency with a tail gate calibration however the fail to close still randomly occurs. Original posts: (1) The biggest concern - will the 2018 Pacifica Hybrid be eligible for the $7500 federal tax credit? As of today the government website, https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml shows only the 2017 model with a tax credit. The dealer misled us if we don't get the tax credit. Update below - we did get the federal and state credit. (2) No driver memory seat even in the Limited model - pain when drivers need different seat & mirror settings (3) The "REAL" hybrid mpg once the stored electric charge is depleted after ~35 miles, is ~30 mpg with a mix of freeway and city (4) Tailgate opening height is not adjustable like the Odyssey - tailgate intentionally opens high for tall people and will likely hit the garage door when parked inside and then automatically close (5) Many of the controls are embedded in the display - in some cases would have preferred actual switches (6) The 120 volt charger that comes with the car will take 14 hours to charge fully depleted batteries. Will need to spend ~$600 for a 240 volt level 2 charger and have someone do the wiring for a quick 2 hour charge. (7) Very limited on storage compartments. (8) Mixed reviews on the 3rd row seat head rests and access. (9) The driver seat is not comfortable for short folks, edge of seat hits in the back of the knee joint (10) The U-Connect display has failed 8 times in two months, so far display recovers after ignition is turned off for a period of time. Failure modes include (2x) totally blank non-functional screen (ironically back-up camera display still works), (1x) back-up camera locked on and did not turn off when driving, (1x) vertical blue and white strips - could see icons but couldn't select, (4x) display asked for radio security code blocking rest of display. THE GOOD: (1) Handles well, nice interior and exterior design (2) Looks like we will get the CA environmental $1500 rebate and qualify for a CA green HOV sticker (3) UPDATE 7/2018 - We received the Federal $7500 tax credit, a CA environmental $1500 rebate check, $400 from SCE and the HOV sticker. (4) UPDATE 7/2018 - After multiple visits to Chrysler dealers and communicating with the Chrysler U-Connect rep - after 6 months Chrysler replaced our radio which had been frequently failing. Chrysler installed a refurbished replacement radio and we have had no further problems. In addition Chrysler gave us a reasonable cash compensation for our inconvenience with the radio.

Best minivan out there

YY, 09/18/2018
Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid EVT)

OK, we are a minivan family. We just don't see why a family of 5 should get anything other than minivans. Previously we leased a 2012 Honda Odyssey touring. That worked well but near end of lease we had transmission problem. So we did not keep it beyond our lease. Then we leased a 2016 Kia Sedona SX. At the time, we felt that was only available minivan with all the tech (adaptive cruise, blind spot, auto high beam) and yet a 8 seater. Was super-reliable. Would have kept it but it had poor resale value - in fact the buy out was more than the actual value of the car so we passed. We just started leasing a 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. A $50K car - fully loaded, but with all the rebates and dealer discounts it was substantially cheaper (~$35K). This is the most awesome car not only in terms of value, but also of its quality interior, ride and overall refinement. Drives the first 30 miles in super quiet electric mode. We only need to get gas when we go out of town. The only complaint is 1) no driver seat memory (a pain - as we are used to his/hers seat settings; 2) no auto foldable mirror - for parking in tight garages; 3) lift gate not adjustable - I had to place foam on the back of the garage door to prevent the gate from smashing into the open garage door; 4) uncertain reliability (I see all the complaint about their Uconnect theater system - but ours has performed flawlessly); 5) uncertain resale value (but it is much more discounted to begin with - significantly cheaper than a comparably equiped Honda Odyssey Elite). Update: March 2020 - only issue so far driver side automatic sliding door seem to not want to close completely - acting as if there is an obstacle and would then reopens - need to push button again to get it closed; gas tank would stop the pump way before tank was full and i had to repeatedly get it to go to fill the tank up completely (now I just leave the car "on" and observe the tank indicator) - fortunately not need to fill tank frequently due to mostly using electric. Otherwise the car is still great - very happy about the purchase.

12345...6