Used 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Consumer Reviews - 302 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:

Sharp rock solid fun sport car
By John J.

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Check top condition... rear window will fall out due to glue failure after 11 years.

A Bit Outdated
By Brian

2005 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

All Crossfires are a bit outdated in terms of technology unless you upgrade the infotainment system. The SR-6 is wicked fast.. Loved the whine of the supercharged engine!!!

High Mileage No Problem
By Mark Evans

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is basically a stripped down Mercedes SLK 320. Not all dealers service this car, so check with Chrysler dealerships first. A Great car that does 1g. on the skidpad!

Great Sports Car!
By gamegirlmmr

2005 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Love this car! Has all the pick-up anyone needs. The car was made in Germany and the engine is a Mercedes. For a small car and a convertible the trunk has an unbelievable capacity. The car I bought is like new. It was beautifully maintained. A very fun car to drive!

Stevie Ray Vaughan would love this car
By Chris Vann

2005 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Caught in the Crossfire... those words have been playing repeatedly along with the heavily blues laden guitar riffs of the great Stevie Ray Vaughan. I bought this car to replace a well worn Toyota Highlander. I wanted something fun to drive and a C5 or C6 Corvette was just out of range for my cash on hand. I happily stumbled across a 2004 Crossfire in Amethyst Silver metallic and fell in love immediately. She used to be somebody's baby, and was turned out of her warm garage into the harsh desert sun for unknown shortcomings. They must have just fallen out of love, hey, it happens. She was dirty, her boot filled with the random flotsam and jetsam of life including uncashed checks and dirty socks. A few hours of derailed cleaning, a good scrubbing, and she was shining like a diamond in a goats ass. She just needed someone to love her again and she has responded accordingly. This car is truly a blast to drive. The 6 speed transmission is easy to work, clutch throw and pressure are exactly right on and the cockpit is laid out finer than your church clothes on a Saturday night. It is my first German car I have ever owned and it just makes sense, frightening really how much it makes sense. The only drawback I have discovered this far is my golf clubs do not fit in the boot. I have not come up with a solution, I'm considering building a small trailer that looks like mini Crossfire that would hold my clubs, cool and functional. I am averaging 25.8 mpg with the a/c on full blast, and a couple of quick jaunts at just over the speed limit. I do recommend using the cruise control on the highway, it is way too easy to lose yourself in the guitar riffs coming out of the speakers and allow your right foot to rest heavily on the responsive accelerator. Day by day,night after night,
Blinded by the neon lights.
Hurry here, hustlin' there,
No one's got the time to spare.
Money's tight, nothin' free,
Won't somebody come and rescue me?
I am stranded, caught in the crossfire
Stranded, caught in the crossfire.

Tooth for tooth, eye for an eye.
Sell your soul just to buy, buy, buy.
Beggin' a dollar, stealin' a dime,
Come on can't you see that I
I am stranded ,caught in the crossfire
I am stranded, caught in the crossfire.

I need some kind of kindness, some kind of sympathy oh, no
We're stranded, caught in the crossfire

Save the strong lose the weak,
Never turning the other cheek.
Trust nobody don't be no fool,
Whatever happened to the golden rule?