Used 2019 Chevrolet Trax Consumer Reviews

Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Lee zenoniani, 07/28/2018
Premier 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had the car for two years and have found the perform to be excellent. This is not s high perform car but jump up to 60 with out any effort. My mpg has been great, 30 over all and 33 on trips. Yes there is some road nois but I didn't pay 30000 either.

Still fits me to a tee!

Howard, 10/21/2018
LT 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my second Trax LT. Sure, there are still sharper, faster or more luxurious mini SUVs out there. But for its price, reliability, safety, economy, easy entry/exit and comfortable seating, the Trax fits me to a tee! My actual mixed mileage has been 35-37 consistently, over five years and 60,000 miles in all kinds of driving. Friends who ride with us in our Trax always compliment us on it, and ask questions about our satisfaction level. I tell them our satisfaction has been surprisingly high for its price. Our Chevrolet service manager tells me the Trax has been "bullet proof" in his experience, adding "I never see one in here for a repair." Okay, at the end of my review I'll admit to being an "old guy" over seventy, so maybe I'm less critical in the areas where the Trax isn't a star performer: performance, styling and ride comfort. But the other areas I've mentioned more than take up the slack. I highly recommend the Chevrolet Trax for anyone who values safety, reliability, maneuverability and low initial cost over radical styling, performance and luxurious appointments.

Little SUV - but big on value

Trenda Allen, 02/14/2019
LT 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love this car! The cabin noise is quiet, so I can talk without shouting during long trips. I have always had a soft spot for smaller SUVs anyway, and this is pure luxury after driving a 1992 Suzuki Sidekick 4wd. Loved the Suzuki too, but this has the bells and whistles that make it a comfortable drive, and quick to get around town.

LT AWD Copper Metallic

Marie, 01/31/2019
LT 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I own this car. It’s a very good car for the price range and nice options since it’s the LT model. The engine could be quieter and little more powerful but it’s not a deal breaker. I don’t suggest getting the LS model just because theres not enough options. Space is great, ride is comfortable, brakes are good, pretty copper metallic paint, decent on gas mileage. Really don’t see why it’s rated so bad.

A great car packed with features

JSmith, 07/24/2019
LT 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I purchased this vehicle and we absolutely love it for being its size its quite spacious it has good safety features it has a very intuitive touchscreen display and a lot of neat little storage compartments the seats are comfortable and the design of the Interior is very is statically Pleasing, It rides well not the best I've ever seen but for the price this car is completely worth it I would recommend 5 out of 5 stars.

2019 LT WITH ALL OPTIONS

Boowayne, 08/30/2019
LT 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I didn’t review before buying one and I’m glad I didn’t because it’s an awesome Suv has so many features and the road noise people are talking about I don’t hear any and I have sensitive hearing so unless your tires suck I don’t see what that’s all about it is smooth and quite the engine isn’t under powered at all no it’s not a Evo but has better pick up power than the v6 Suzuki also better than the lazy issue rodeo definitely a 5 star Suv Chevy did a great job.

Nice inexpensive vehicle

Steve S, 11/24/2019
LS 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My 74 year old mother bought a 2019 FWD LS. I took her to buy it because it was cheap 14.6k before TTL and trade. She likes the styling and wanted something simple with a real ignition key. I know there are better CUV’s but I was being a price shopper and wanted something safe, reliable, NEW, with a warranty. We took it on a test drive and I was surprised after reading all the mediocre reviews. It doesn’t ride like a Cadillac but what kind of ride do you expect to get from a short wheel base vehicle. I think it handles, steers decent and the power is more than adequate for city driving. I drove it the 50 miles back from the dealer when we bought it and it’s no Corvette but it didn’t feel like it was strained to keep 80+mph on the hwy. For the amount of money that we spent on it was worth every dime . I am 100% and pleasantly surprised with the Trax.

Only thing I like is Gas Mileage

Michal, 09/03/2019
LS 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We've leased the car in 2/2019, there was one recall on it for the wheels had bad welding job. My heat decids to work when it wants to. The plug-in feature for our phones in the car, decides to work when it wants to also. We have had the dealer look at all the issues and they have pretty much told me that I was crazy....and that it all works fine when it was at their shop. The seats and the space in the vehicle is very tight....if we weren't stuck for a vehicle in February, I wouldn't have leased this vehicle. If you have any other choices, I would do something else.

Overall happy!

Al G., 04/12/2020
LT 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my 2019 Trax for just over two years now. It is a fun little SUV to drive and does well in the snow with the AWD. It sits up high and the visibility is great. I wish the engine had a bit more power, but isn't a major drawback to me. The ride is stiffer (which I like, and my wife doesn't) than my wife's Honda CR-V. It is good on gas as I am averaging 28.6 mph with the AWD since buying it in Feb 2019. Overall, I am very pleased!

Better than our Cruze hands down.

Callie, 02/06/2020
LT 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The lag on the engine doesn't feel as bad as it did in our 2017 cruze. It's much more roomy and great for a small family. (3 or 4) We purchased a barely used redline edition and I couldn't be happier. It makes getting my daughter in and out of her car seat easier (safety first) and it allows more room for the front passenger and her. Its decked out with features and it gives me a nostalgic feeling reminding me of my aunts 1998 RAV4 a vehicle I truly love and wished they wouldn't have changed so much. I cant wait for a road trip in it because it can hold luggage for 3 or 4 and add a cargo shell on the luggage rack you could easily hold enough for week long trip of 5 people. It's the compact gas mileage of an sedan but the look and added space of a cross over. You're not going to get as much room as you would with an equinox or blazer but if you want the best of both worlds this car is it.

51050