Used 2000 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews

Used Suburban for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

MY THIRD BURB SINCE 1996

SLA, 07/02/2002
1500 LT 4dr SUV

THIRD SUBURBAN SINCE 96. TRADE AT 65K EVERY TWO YEARS. LIKED THE 1996 AND 1999, BUT THE 2000 PLATFORM WAS A SUBSTANTIAL IMPROVEMENT IN RIDE AND WIND NOISE. THE SECOND ROW BUCKET SEAT IS NOW A VERY "CIVILIZED" PLACE TO TRAVEL VIS A VIS THE OLD BENCH STYLE SEAT, PLUS BETTER ACCESS TO THE THIRD ROW. MINOR PROBLEMS WITH THE ELECTRIC WINDOW ACTUATORS. APPARENTLY GM GOT A BAD BATCH. I'VE GOT ALMOST 63K MILES ON THIS ONE AND IT IS AS TIGHT AND PLEASING TO DRIVE AS WHEN IT WAS NEW. THE GENERAL HAS IT JUST ABOUT RIGHT WITH THIS PLATFORM.

BIG RED

TDTRUCK, 10/25/2003
2500 LS 4dr SUV

This is one tough truk! It hauls, it tows, it hunts! The 6.0 Motor gets 10MPG with all nine seats full & pulling a 3500lb pop-up over Monarch Pass, CO (~11,500 feet) at 55 mph! Breaks are great for a truck this size

Not again

mradford, 11/10/2003
1500 LT 4dr SUV

I have the 5.3 liter engine. From the factor it used 1-2 quarts of oil per 4000 miles. Chevy says this is normal. Rattles to beat the band. Window motors have failed twice each. yada yada yada. I love the size and comfort but the quality is poor.

Fuel pump problems

LGrugin, 12/29/2003
2500 LS 4dr SUV

We traded a 1999 Suburban for a 2000 Suburban because we had had problems with the older one. After owning the second for a little over a year, the fuel pump went out. Over the past 6 months, we have had 5 fuel pumps, the latest stranding us 120 miles from home on Christmas day. The dealer cannot find out why, but says he had a Yukon that did the same. He told us he would "get rid of it" if he were us and it went out again.

What a fun, functional car!

danblocker1106, 11/11/2006
1500 LT 4dr SUV

I have owned this car for 7yrs. It has been a great car. We have 6 in our home and often take our grown children and grandchildren places and to the lake. We can fill the car with 9 people, luggage in the back and top of car. In addition we tow a large pontoon boat or a travel trailer. Gas mileage is reasonable. The service cost has been very small. I have a very bad back with chronic pain. Yet, I am very comfortable in this car. It looks great!

12345...7