Used 2014 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Impala for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Impressive Impala

MJB, 10/16/2015
LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Engine and Power: The 3.6L V-6. Does the 1/4 mile in times equaling early Muscle Cars. Well worth the price to upgrade here. The car has surprising acceleration. You will have to be careful when pressing too firmly, as the car will go now. Handling: Changing lanes is quick and effortless. Passing is smooth and the car downshifts quickly and results in a pleasant rumble from the V-6. The Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval GT's do not like to hookup in the wet or snow. Had a flat on one front tire and opted to replace the front 2 tires with Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval All Seasons provided much better traction. Appointments LTZ has all the bells and whistles, however the cost for the options, in my opinion make stepping up, extremely expensive. 2LT is very nicely appointed. Peculiar that you can still get the 4 cyl engine if you get the 1LTZ. Front seats are supportive with great adjustability with the electronic controls on the left side of the seat. Exceptional roominess in the back seats. Some cars will seat 4, this cars will seat 4 taller adults without cramping anyone. In fact, this seats 5 in the way that a Ford Fusion seats 4. Instrumentation: Dash pad cover is aesthetically pleasing, very similar to the Buick Lacrosse. Instrumentation is very complete, with the ability to pick and choose what you want displayed. Steering wheel controls allow you to make calls via Bluetooth, change radio stations, adjust the volume of the radio, and use the cruise control. A very firm feeling car that has excellent power, massive amounts of cabin space, good handling, comfortable and quite ride. If you didn't know you were in a Chevy, you would think you were in a luxury import. Mileage is very good. Combined 27.8 MPG during the 38,000 miles that I have had it. Strait highway mileage is around 33.5 for me at 65-70 mpg, speeds over that mileage drops off. Rolls very smoothly when going downhill.

Brake noise

demanda1, 06/06/2014

Let me start by saying this is my 2nd 2014 Impala (someone hit & totaled my first one-it had 10k miles). I never had any issues with my first car. My new car has a constant clunking in the front passenger wheel. I took it in 3 separate times and was told it was normal. It was "backlash in the differential." It happens when you slow to about 10 mph or less, and happens every time. It is very annoying. The noise can be heard over the radio and I can feel the clunk in the brakes. I know it isn't normal because my first car didn't make that noise. They are working with GM to find out if anyone else is having the problem.

More Than I Expected....

warm2855, 10/24/2014

It's rare when you buy something and it's better than you expect....but that's just what my 2014 Chevy Impala 2LTZ delivered....quiet on the road, 29 mpg, great Bose stereo, enough power on the freeway (a little short on acceleration but not much...wish they had a v8 up front)....in short, this car, over 18000 miles, has been a pleasure to drive and service at my dealer has been great....very, very happy with this car...and I used to own the big Mercedes and BMW's...while this car isn't one of those, it is a great value....if you're looking at the German autos, add the Chevy to your shopping list.

After 30 months in the Impala

cdnbrian, 03/25/2014
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a wonderful car. I have owned this car for 4 months and have driven it 16,000 Km. The controls in this car are well planned and laid out. The voice activated controls and the controls on the steering wheel are great but unnecessary. My Champagne coloured car with the Mojave interior is striking. People look and comment all of the time. The trunk holds everything a party of 4 adults can pack and the ride is still comfortable. Winter tires are required on this car. I live in a snow belt in Ontario, Canada and with proper tires I got through more snow than many drivers will ever see. This is my 4th Chevy. The last three travelled over 1 million Km without major repairs. After driving the car for 30 months everything that I said in the first review is still true. The car gets more enjoyable to drive the longer I have it. I still find all of the controls to be place perfectly for the driver. There is no need to look when adjusting the HVAC or the sound system for anyone buying a model without the voice or steering wheel controls. I have had one warranty repair, the sun roof wouldn't open which required reprogramming of the body control module. This car handles like a much smaller vehicle. The turning radius is small so parking this car is a breeze. The fuel mileage still amazes me for a car of this size and engine power. You can use a lot of gas and of course you can also pay a lot of tickets with this much oomph from the 3.6 engine. I am completely satisfied with my Impala. I tell friends that if this car got wrecked I would likely replace it with the same model and configuration.

Love This Car!

carlover75, 08/19/2013
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our LTZ for 3 years now. Being high gloss black with chrome, it is a real head turner. Have had more people stop to admire it than any car we have ever owned. Has everything that most luxury cars have. Huge trunk with roomy back seats that fold down for easy pass through from trunk. Being black we find we mainly drive it on nice days. We traded in our 07 Corvette and the Impala gives us the feeling of a sports car with the ride and comfort of a luxury car. Really love the back up assist and heated and cooed seats. Once we saw this model we had to have one. Looked at lots of other sedans and for under $40,000 could not find one to compare.

Love my car impala 2014 ltz/ 2lz

n/a, 10/12/2015
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have 8 months with my 2014 Impala LTZ / 2LZ'm super happy though with 3 children and they will all use carseat very comfortable this car is the best I've had is very comfortable and very economical on gas and what I like This style is beautiful!

Great car

Ray Bernas, 08/06/2016
LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great styling. Good performance and fuel economy. Very comfortable. Very satisfied with it.

mirror trim keeps falling off

browzer, 04/13/2014

Ok - this is admittedly a weird problem. The exterior forward facing chrome-colored plastic mirror trim has disappeared twice from the passenger side of my 2014 Impala. There is absolutely no damage to the remaining mirror so I'm pretty sure nothing hit it. I think it just fell off by itself. anyone else experience this?

WOW!

italiangrandpa, 10/31/2013

My wife and I have owned many GM products. This Impala ranks as the BEST we have ever had. Great styling and comfort. Simply put the car is a real head turner.

Brake Noise

bryce001, 03/12/2014

We love our new 2014 Impala LT. So far it seems to be a very good car in every aspect except one...there is a distinct grinding/rubbing noise when the brakes are applied. The dealership has not been able to identify, solve the problem. GM is researching the issue. The dealership has examined all parts of the brakes and cant find any problems, yet the noise is there, it is audible and it is annoying (especially now the we are tuned in to it). I have not seen this problem identified in any of the many consumer reviews I have read?

2014 Impala LS (2.5 liter 4 cyclinder, 6 speed auto)

nkeen, 09/10/2013

I decided to take a look at the Impala when my 2006 BMW 3 series was lost in a parking lot flood and was immediately impressed with this class act from GM. I at first planned on the LT V6 but after driving the 4 cylinder on winding country roads and finding the handling balance a little better I decided that LS might fit my needs. A subsequent look at the payments after money down, and my preference for manual A/C and cloth seats settled me on that choice. So far I am delighted with the car. With a mix of highway, local and country driving I am averaging 27.5 mpg after 700 miles. and it's a very relaxed cruiser. I am quite happy to have chosen the four.

really nice car

Phil T, 07/22/2015
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the base LS model for styling and price. You get more than expected and I can only nit-pick for anything negative. Mostly I dislike the tiny temperature display on the radio. But this car is the best of 32 or 33 I have ever owned. The 4 cylinder engine has fine power and nice MPG both city and hwy. Express feature to lower all windows is a nice touch. Apparently the 2014 Impalas had two styles; the former square look with square taillights and this new style with the sculptured look and rectangular taillights - former may be cheaper in price but you would be buying outdated styling. I'm told this auto is built on a Cadillac platform and it is definitely above average - get consistent compliments about its great looks. Have 29000miles on car and it has been flawless.... Very quiet with no squeaks, rattles or vibrations. This is my update in March 2020-no changes to previous review. I bought the car as a demonstrator and the discount was almost $8000. No wonder this vehicle is recommended by Consumer Reports and TV's Motorweek! Note: the older style for 2014 was for fleet/rental cars. I keep checking the used car value and it remains very good. Did replace weather stripping on rear doors. This car is above average.

Typical GM

Michael Jock, 11/18/2017
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car has hesitated for a long time and the dealer will do nothing to fix it because it does not set off a warning light. It will cost me big money to get into it so I will just stumble along until I trade it in for a Honda or Toyota. The tires were bald at 33k miles. I looked up the stock tires on Tirerack and they are ranked near the bottom. Sometimes the Bose head unit will go blank and freeze for 10 minutes or so. No idea why. This car is typical GM, they Almost get it right......

Texas Chevrolet

Jerry Robertson, 05/22/2016
LT Eco 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Many safety features. Daylight vs dark for the previous model. Soft touch materials. More than adequate power. Very roomy and comfortable with great A/C and high level of technology compared to other cars in the same price range.

I love my car!

llaws, 09/08/2013

So far I have been highly impressed with the 2014 Chevrolet Impala! We were first introduced to it when we rented one to travel down to Harlingen, TX. When we realized Consumer Reports named it as the number one sedan, we made the decision to purchase one ourselves. We have not been disappointed in our decision.

Impressive Car

pops3000, 09/18/2013
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first car that I have owned where I opted for all the options. I did so because General Motors did a great job with the redesign of the Impala. The previous editions of the Impala were lack luster as they had very little umph in the interior and exterior. Whereas this new Impala is awesome and eye dropping. For starters the spacious interior makes this a great car to travel in. The interior materials in this car are soft and supple and the way they blended the Mojave interior in my car is just amazing. The black, gray and peanut butter colors make for an awesome visual statement. I have room aplenty now.

Many problems with infotainment ctr/electronics

alabama4, 10/17/2013
LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2LTZ for 10 weeks. It didn't take long for me to notice that the rear view camera has such low resolution that the view has no details - everything is a blur. To me this a safety issue. When I need to see what's behind me, I use the mirrors and turn around and look through the rear window. Its a shame that Chevy chose to install a very low end camera into their new Impala which has been favorably compared to the Lexus LS class. This has been a big disappointment to me because the Impala is a really wonderful vehicle. Update: In 3 months I will have had this car for 3 years. I have lowered my satisfaction level considerably. The car's performance is very good, with excellent gas mileage for its size and power. Comfort is good, but this car which is supposed to be super quiet has way too much road noise. I've ridden in cars costing MUCH less which block the road noise better. The electronics of the Impala suck. It started with the camera, which Chevy did replace when I complained to GM. But the improvement was minor. I don't understand why the cameras GM uses are so poor. There couldn't be that much difference in cost if they installed high resolution equipment. I would have been willing to pay extra for it. When I received a phone call from Detroit asking how I liked the new camera, I advised them that I if I rated the original camera at 0 and the camera I had in my Acura at 10, then the replacement was no higher than a 4. Very poor. Regarding the My Link system, radio/nav, I've had lots of trouble. The vehicle is equipped for 4 sources of media -- 3 USB and 1 SD. I listen to different kinds of music so I have all ports loaded. The radio confuses easily. I might have it set to play music from the SD, and the monitor shows the SD activated, but the music is coming from one of the USB devices. It rarely remembers where it left off when I turn off the car. When I restart the vehicle, the music starts playing from the beginning again. Asking it to play randomly -- it will pick out a few songs and play them in a loop over and over again. The car has been in service several times for this. The last time the tech told me he had been on the phone with Detroit for 2.5 hours and their best explanation was that I have been trying to play more than one device at a time. First of all, that's impossible. Only one device can be chosen. Secondly, this doesn't say much for the technical people who have chosen the equipment for these vehicles. As if this isn't enough, one last thing: the whole system shuts down periodically -- screen goes black and no sound. The only way to get it back is the turn off and restart the car, which apparently reboots the system. I have pretty much given up on expecting these problems to be corrected. Right now, the car has been at the dealer's service for 2 weeks. I don't believe they're working on the My Link problems this time. I've had some serious problems with the trunk leaking. We're not talking minor leaks. They've worked on it several times, but the leaks come back. The service department finally called me today to say that they simply cannot find the source of the leak and have turned the car over to a third party to help. Since I bought the Impala, trunk-related problems have kept the car in the service department for around 7 weeks, so far. I don't have it back yet. April 2017. Edmunds has asked me to follow up on my review of the Impala. I am very happy with many features of this car. I feel safe driving it. I appreciate the alerts which enhance safe driving. The car is comfortable and roomy and has a very large trunk. My local dealer finally got the leaks in the trunk fixed by a third party. So far so good. Nothing ever was done to correct the problems with the "infotainment" center. It was obvious that the dealer didn't want to see my car again for these problems. The infotainment team in Michigan knew about the problems and approached me to take the car back to the dealer. The car was already out of warranty, but Chev said they would pay. But all efforts (by phone and e-mail) to get an appointment with the dealer were rebuffed. Even the general manager would not return my phone calls. So I'm finished with them. And with GM. The problems trying to play music from USB or SD remain. I have gone back to basic radio and playing music from my cellphone with bluetooth link. The whole infotainment system shuts down periodically and I have to restart the car to bring it back up. Recently the system which senses the key fob in my pocket and allows me to unlock the doors does not work occasionally. I have to use the fob to unlock the doors. Also, the vehicle occasionally does not sense the fob in my pocket and will not start. The message is the fob is not detected. To start the car I have to use the remote start feature on the fob. I'm afraid I'm going to have to unload this vehicle soon before it drives me batty.

2017 Impala LTZ rocks

jukeboxeddie, 01/20/2014
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a game changer for Impala. I have owned 15 Impalas since 2000 - my wife and I get one on alternate years. Mine is the LTZ and she has a 2018 LTZ. The 2018 is by far the best yet. It does have a few flaws -- poor backup camera resolution, forward A-pillar blind spots, not great in snow/ice conditions. To me, this car is a fair-weather vehicle and not designed for Winter driving. The 20" wheels are ok but tend to work poorly in snow/ice. Radio tuning is slow and lags when switching stations. Navigation ease of use is excellent.

Drive to Reno

camille37, 05/19/2013

On break in drive to Reno car handled perfectly. On return trip ran into rain and moisture could be felt coming thru the air vents.

Snow

jeff272, 01/02/2014

I liked this car until winter came. This is by far the worst vehicle I have ever driven in snow, worse even than my Cruze, Cobalt and Grand Am. I can be on level ground on 2 inches of snow and just sit and spin. I took it to the dealer to see if they would check the tires and see what's going on, but they brushed me off and said they couldn't look at it.

Motor problems

wmailey, 05/29/2014

25000 K and cracked head replaced in the last two weeks. What's the problem with the ABS, I haven't heard anything about it. Should I be scared driving it? NOT HAPPY

Full of Defects

dsn888, 10/13/2014

Purchased new in April of 2014. 20" GM wheels rub during low speed turns. Two defective steering wheels - leather stitching falls apart. Electronic parking brake will not disengage resulting in smoking brakes and red hot rotors + fire hazard. Back-up camera display goes black when gear selecter placed in reverse. Collision alert system false alarms when no vehicles are in the road in front. Navigation system does not recognize voice commands and gets you lost. Has trouble finding adresses. The constant problems with electronics and wasted return trips to the dealership for repair make this a not recommend vehicle. Got rid of it at 7500 miles and 6 months use. Lost 50% Value.

Impala navigation

Dean Sellers, 03/06/2015
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

GM's latest navigation system: Routing "Style" provides for "Fastest", "Ecco Route" and "Shortest Route". Fastest – this directs to 4 lane roads, freeways / interstate roads – regardless of longer distances. Shortest – this directs you over unsurfaced roads. Ecco – this does pretty effective routing. There is no option to "Avoid unsurfaced roads”.

End of the line!

Ed Purmann, 06/07/2017
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my third Impala in a row, 2000, 2007 and this 2014 and I've liked each one a bit less so this will be my last. Love the styling, interior comfort and drivability but the car was recalled twice the first year although they were minor repairs, but the fuel line ruptured within the first six months, and a wheel bearing went at less then 50,000 miles. It's not very good in snow with a lot of wheel spinning on very slight inclines and am now getting a hum from the rear that is pretty annoying. Just doesn't seem as well built as the other two.

Stiff and Uncomfortable Ride

brianl19, 01/06/2014

Pros: - Great exterior design - Great interior design - Got all the little things right Cons: - Got the most important thing wrong: the ride is terribly uncomfortable. Extremely stiff ride. Feel every bump and road imperfection in the car. Enough to make me hate getting in the car to drive anywhere. Also feel much more engine vibration through steering wheel, frame, and seat than I would expect from this level of car. There is enough vibration to give me headaches on my commute to and from work. Dealership says it is normal for the car and thinks it rides smoothly. If that's GM's definition of a smooth ride, then it is time to look elsewhere.

Greart car

Jeff, 12/05/2015

This is my second Impala, I had a 2011 Ls ,now a 2014 Lt Limited and I love it

Cool Car at First

Kyle B, 04/03/2018
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Loved this car, took car of it the best I could, maintaining it at a dealer. Dut due to Chevys poor design seems I always have issues with it. In the winter it shifts hard and remote start sounds awful. After this past winter I washed it and because of the location for my detection sensors and Chevy doesn’t put a splash guard or anything down there to protect them they got wet and shorted out. Those run $350-$400. So you can fix it and possibly break it again. The new look is awesome though and the car is defiantly a head turner from the outside and inside of the car is stunning but mechanically where it’s counts it’s struggling.

the truth is

Colman Bieber, 12/17/2016
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great car, rides like a caddy, good looks and lines, quiet, great features especially in safety

Better than.....

Ed cronin, 08/27/2017
LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is very comfortable with more leg room than most cars that cost a lot more. Looks are tops. Get lots of compliments regarding . Owned a 2014 now (2017) and only had to change oil and I drive it hard.

Baseball, Apple Pie and Chevrolet

Average Joe, 09/11/2017
LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great looking, comfortable , good gas mileage,reliable. I have had zero problems with my Impala after 5 years.

Love my Chevy

John Carrion, 04/27/2018
LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This one of many Impalas that i own this one four Cylinder perform the best never had any problems with it will buy again .

Awesome large car for the money.

Bruce, 05/04/2018
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Seats are a little hard.

Spacious Car

Sharrona Jones, 06/16/2016
LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The car is very spacious. I'm not sure how reliable it is as of yet. I do have some concerns. However, it is a very stylish vehicle that has many features.

Constant problem

Joe Szymborski, 12/20/2017
LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

There's and issue with the secondary injectors and the pump. The emissions warrenty good until 150000 miles should cover it but they use a loophole to get out of fixing it this is a 800$ fix that happens once a year! Beautiful car but not worth the headache. I'll never buy Chevy again.

DON'T EVEN BOTHER

Dalton Richards, 01/29/2018
LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a 2014 Impala LT eco sedan. First off when got the car loved it! The car now has 77,000 miles and I've had nothing but problems with the car! First off battery went out when diagnose a new vehicle usually you can tell when battery is going no this car will leave you stranded from what I experienced! Second when it go cold my ABS light comes on and dings at me to service stabletrac! Next had a Intake rocker arm solenoid go out and just threw my car around for a ride. Love the car but I have had nothing but problems I am to point I wont by GM products do to this terrible terrible experience I've had with this car! Going back to Dodge!

Bad Exhaust

Ken Hatter, 06/24/2018
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

On the 2014 LTZ the exhaust pipes stop short of the ports which caused them to turn black on the outside of the ports. Chevrolet fixed this on later models but made no after market extensions for the 2014’s.

I just don’t like this car to be honesty with you

Hayden b, 05/15/2019
LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I’m 16 and my parents bought me this car because it was bigger than a Chevy Cruze or Malibu. My mom wanted me to have a relatively large car like she has, she drives a Mercedes S550 and no car can get even close to how nice that is so maybe I’m just biased. The interior of this car is cheap and the model is so low that it doesn’t even connect to my phone with Bluetooth. I can’t see out the back when I back up because the back window is so small, and then sensors in the back aren’t even remotely accurate. You can argue that the car has a nice ride, but the cons overrule the pros. I dislike this car a lot. It’s big and bulky and overall not worth paying 15,000 to 16,000 dollars for used. It takes ages for this thing to speed up and it’s switches between gears are super abrupt and jolty.

Chevy Impala

Jean-rive, 05/19/2016
LS Eco 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

waited for a deal and found it

jmorris@vertafore.com, 05/13/2017
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

don't skimp on what you want

Most roomy car since the 55 chevy

Mark, 07/25/2016
LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The seats are ok...I wished I would have upgraded to the suede version. The car is very roomy. I recently went to trade in the car and the same Chevy dealer where I purchased it, low balled me on the value. Other then that, it was a great car while we owned it.

Well pleased...

Richard Shutt, 12/13/2016
LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

You will really be surprised if you put your foot in the 3.6L v6....

Update to 3 Years and Still Lovin It

Charlie F, 01/17/2017
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Thought it was a good value when we bought it and turns out to still be the case 3 years later. Nice power, quiet comfortable ride, and good fuel economy. Still can't believe it's a Chevy. Had a few electronic glitches as Chevy worked through first year of new model but all fixed. Someone earlier complained about chrome trim on passenger side mirror coming off. Mine came off in car wash a couple of years ago but I recovered and glued it on. Update at 4 1/2 years: Repair free and still good solid car. Hope GM doesn't force me into an SUV down the line.

Awesome car

Ramon Guzman hernandez, 06/30/2019
LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Awesome gas miles and conforble ride

Remote start/ automatic shut off

JAN, 08/20/2020
LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My vehicle has been seviced for remote start problems. I left home after starting my vehicle at home leaving my remote behind drove miles into Canada shut vehicle off received a message no remote dectected immediately started the car and returned back home shut car off several times before parking in my driveway and it continued to start. A year later my vehicle iis being served for the same problems. My other problem is my vehicle does not shut down if left running.i was told the vehicle should shut off after 15\20 minutes and in addition to keep running the doors DONOT lock and the vehicle can be driven away

51050