Used 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Corvette for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

An eight-month love affair...

Delta Foxtrot, 06/10/2017
Grand Sport w/2LT 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I've had my white Grand Sport convertible with 8-speed auto transmission for eight months now and I still absolutely love her. I've put 9,300 miles on her; the first 2,000 a very careful break-in, then 7,000 miles of grand touring driving: from Austin, Texas to Key West, Florida and back by way of the southern Appalachian mountains, then a quick trip from Austin to Denver and back. Plus some 'spirited' driving on the back roads around Austin. You definitely will want a good radar + laser detector, plus Waze on your smart device if you drive this machine! And after those eight months I am still head-over-heels in love with my baby (I named her "Emoji" because from the front the headlights and grill give her the look of one of those slanty-eyed happy face emoticons). This car is, in my opinion, the sweet spot of the Corvette lineup, and the culmination of seven generations of engineering. This is a supercar in everything but price. For the price of a Ferrari F12 you can buy FIVE Grand Sports and have enough left over to buy gas for all for a year each, probably, and yet lap times for each are pretty much identical (ok, in Car & Driver's Lightning Lap face-off the GS bests the F12 by several seconds around Virginia International Raceway). This is a car that is at home on twisty backroads, the Autobahn, and the racetrack, and there are not that many production cars that can come close to the performance, gas mileage, and grand touring comfort - and possibly none for the price. Very few cons, in my opinion: 1) Limited luggage capacity in the convertible, but much better in the coupe; 2) not a car for winter driving in snow/ice climates, as there are no winter/snow tires available; 3) visibility, especially on the rear quarters, could be better; 4) seats could use more lateral support for a car capable of 1.1 G lateral force when cornering on street tires (but they are miles ahead of previous generation Corvette seats, and actually do provide some lateral support!); 5) if you value privacy you will get tired of people complimenting you when stopped at traffic lights! :) Other than that there's really very little that I find annoying about this wonderful machine. Highly recommended, if you are in the market for a two-seater touring/racing/sports car. And I haven't even mentioned things like the dry-sump lubrication (keeps the engine oiled during hard cornering/accel/braking), magnetic shock absorbers (monitors road conditions and adjusts the ride 180 times a second for road/driving conditions), and phenomenal braking ability (70-0 in 136 feet on stock tires!), nor have I mentioned the vastly-improved cabin appointments, with heated/ventilated seats, passenger climate controls on the passenger vent, heads-up instrumentation, etc. etc.). Oh, and this website does not seem to allow line breaks, so sorry for the one big run-on paragraph. Respectfully, Delta Foxtrot, Austin, Texas.

Great Bang for the Buck!

Tom Sharpe, 08/14/2017
Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

The 2017 Corvette in all its forms is an incredible machine. Reviews found all over the Internet from reputable organizations rate the 2017 Corvette as one of the best values out there. The technology is incredible. On a leisurely trip of about 130 miles I averaged 30.5 m.p.g. because when being driven leisurely, four cylinders shut down and mileage improves significantly. But when you want to tap that 455 h.p. engine just get on it and the entire car comes to life instantaneously pushing you back into the seat with incredible power. Handling is what you'd expect from a Corvette - measured, responsive and very confidence-inspiring. This is an incredible muscle car with great manners when you want them with great power and agility when you want to get a little more aggressive. At its price point, I can't imagine how you can beat a C7 Corvette regardless of which model you choose.

1 month review

Joe T, 04/09/2017
Stingray w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

So far absolutely no cons. As expected great acceleration, handling and braking. Good electronics however missing lane change warning which is pretty much standard on most new vehicles. The front camera (2lt) is a great feature helping to avoid pulling in too close to a curb with it's very long and low front end. The different driving modes are a lot of fun.I was pleasantly surprised with the exceptional gas mileage in touring and eco mode. Well worth the price for a true American sports car.

Grand Sport Vette

TJ, 09/27/2016
Grand Sport w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

A bit pricey but the 2LT does give you everything you need/want in a comfortable/capable race car. It is NOT a sports car like a miata or bmw, 370Z, Mustang GT... and not a muscle car (Challenger, etc.) this is a Race car and it feels all of it. Those other cars cannot compete nor compare. A year later, still love the car, absolutely no problems with any system. Looking to replace the tires this year (pricey) but expected that. Remains a Very comfortable to drive and a Very nimble car. Two Years Later....late 2018, still low mileage. No problems with any system. Only Routine maintenance performed or needed. Still quite quick. Three years later....early 2019....still low milage, no problems with interior systems except replaced touch screen, no issue. Have replaced two tires (warrantied) still quite quick..

Still the best performance car value around.

David C, 05/24/2018
Stingray Z51 w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Not my first Corvette, but my first of the current generation. Head and shoulders better car than the previous model. Better or equal to much more expensive sports cars in terms of driving enjoyment and cost of operation, with a much lower buy in point. Truly an iconic American classic car.

Born in the USA

Stephen , 05/09/2018
Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

The only thing that made turning in my C6 tolerable was driving home with my C7. I have owned my 2017 C7 for nearly one year now. No realizability issues...knock on wood. The car is very fast, super looking inside and out and has the comfort of an everyday car. The interior is a major (did I say major?) improvement over previous models. An amazing value. In my opinion, the C7 is among the top (if not the top) corvette ever made. I have had my share of corvettes but this one is my favorite.

Still the Best I’ve had

Ken Robertson, 04/22/2018
Z06 w/2LZ 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 7M)

This is the second C7 I’ve owned. I’ve owned 7 Corvettes in all and the 2017 Z06 is by far the best one I’ve ever had. Except for the summer only tires restricting me to warm weather driving (above 40 degrees) I have nothing but good to say about this car. Now my update--I recently bought all season tires so the above restriction no longer applies. I've now got 23000 in 2 1/2 of driving this machine. Not an ounce of trouble with this car.

Buyer Beware! Bending and Cracking Wheels on C7

MadGSOwner, 02/07/2019
Grand Sport w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

The wheels on C7 Grand Sport and Z06 models are bending and cracking under normal driving conditions -- brand new or at very low miles. Instead of recalling or replacing under bumper to bumper warranty, GM is throwing owners to the wolves claiming "road damage." Wheel warranties may cover cosmetic damage, but won't necessarily cover bent or cracked wheels. If you buy one of these vehicles prepare to spend 3-4 thousand additional dollars for new wheels when the factory wheels crack or bend within the first few thousand miles. Shameful and potentially dangerous.

Bat Mobile

Tim P, 01/18/2018
Z06 w/3LZ 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 7M)

I had the 2016 Corvette Z-51 first and I purchased this one exactly one year later. This one is so much more power. The regular is probably all the power anyone could ever use on the street. This regular corvette would make a very good everyday driver. The second with all that power you would just be looking at way to much expense in tires. The tires are only good for about 15k miles. If you want the ultimate affordable car the Z06 is it. The speed it can achieve so quickly is crazy. The shear thrill and smile on your face is second to none! I have the A8 transmission and no one needs a 7 speed manual in this car. It is impossible to shift that fast. The automatic is faster 0-60mph by a few 10th's.

2017 Grand Sport A Bust!

Sarah Hash-Rodgers, 09/02/2017
Grand Sport w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Shoppers be ware - I purchased my 2017 Grand Sport, Black Rose (color) in July 2017 with 15 miles on odometer from a reputable dealer in Michigan. I drove it back to Virginia, pleased as punch! On August 31st after 900 miles, my Grand Sport is in the shop with transmission problems. The vehicle suddenly would not shift gears when parked (park to reverse). Had to be put on a rollback and take to a local Chevy/GM dealer. So far they are telling me it is not the TCM, Looking at sensors now. . . It is Labor Day Weekend . .. really wanted to be out and about with my local vette club . .. sitting at home trying to find out how many other 2017s have had this issue and thinking to myself, I just wasted $70,000. Took me 22 years to save up and make this purchase. The degree of disappointment and disbelief is indescribable. Feedback and advice is most welcome.

Outstanding machine

BB, 03/25/2018
Z06 w/3LZ 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 7M)

For the past six months I have owned my first Corvette, and I have to admit I was a bit hesitant at first about purchasing one but boy was I wrong. Even though it is American made, the quality of the car is top notch and it feels very well built. So far I have found almost zero things to complain about with this vehicle. The stock exhaust note is great because its isn't insanely loud but it is definitely loud enough and the acceleration is mind boggling. I have yet to come even close to pushing this car to the limit and in all honesty I don't think I ever will. Its surprisingly comfortable as well and if you put it into touring mode the suspension becomes very soft and supple which is something I never would have expected. If there is one thing that I can complain about, it would have to be the traction that seems almost impossible to get any time you hit the gas peddle even a little bit. It isn't necessarily touchy but you have to be very cautious and aware that the backend will get loose very quickly. Another thing that I love about my z06 is the exterior styling. The car is very sexy and sleek and if it weren't for the Corvette badge on the front, I could easily mistake it for a Ferrari. Overall I am head over heels in love with my z06 and would definitely recommend this to anyone in the market looking for supercar performance at an unbeatable price.

transmission is still a disapointment

S Robalino, 04/14/2018
Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

after many updates by the dealer (mainly new types of transmission fluid) the transmission still behaves erratically at random times, its just not fixable. This unfixable issue plus the irritating ticking noise from the engine (sounds like an old truck with a leaky exhaust), make the car a never buy again proposition - the car has now 18K miles only (after 3 years)

Lightning FAST !!

Jay Brazelton, 04/13/2017
Z06 w/3LZ 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl S/C 7M)

This Car Has Plenty of POWER & SEX APPEAL, The Blue Tooth is Really Convenient, The 8 Speed Transmission Helps with the Gas Mileage, I do wish the Stereo was just a little Stronger with the Top Down, But the Handling of the Car with the Michelin Pro Cup tires Stay Glued to the Road As long as the Traction Control is on. Its The BEST CORVETTE BY FAR, & I started driving them in 1969. Its going to be hard to Top this Z06 3LZ WHITE Convertible with the Spice Package for Under $110,000.

Heart Skipped a Beat. 1yr Better Beat Stronger

Bill Mullinix,Jr. , 04/01/2020
Grand Sport 2dr Coupe w/3LT (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

My slightly used 2017 C7 Grand Sport is Corvette number 3. My first was 1998 C5 Coupe, second is 2008 C6 Z06 427/505 Wil Cooksey Limited Edition #313. I never thought another Corvette could take my breath away until the delivery door opened and I saw for the first time my 2017 Watkins Glen Gray 3LT, C7 Grand Sport. It was absolute joy for this 72 yr. old BOOMER. Grandest of the Grand Sports and it's mine. One year ownership anniversary March 27, 2021. Enjoy it more every day. My easy escape during pandemic year! Great companion with our '08 Z06. Corvette obsessed for sure!

Loving my Admiral blue Z06 7MT 2LZ

dmaxwellh, 02/05/2018
Z06 w/2LZ 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 7M)

I have been fortunate to have owned quite a few amazing cars over the years (C5 corvette, 997.2 Carrera, GT500, ZL-1, and 991.1 Carrera), and this one is quite simply superb. The design, power, and handling are phenomenal. There is so little to find fault with! The acceleration is addictive. The carbon ceramic brakes are powerful and clean! The targa top is a welcomed feature, as is the front-parking camera. Chevrolet knocked it out of the park with the 2017 Z06.

Great Sports Car

Steve, 12/22/2018
Grand Sport w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Owned the car now for 2 years, it was purchased new. Only trip to the dealership was for the free oil changes. This has been a great car and can easily be your daily driver if you don't see a lot of snow or need seating for more than 2 people. The only real competition is the Porsche Cayman or Boxster. I found even though MSRP's are not that far apart real world pricing is. The Grand Sport's can be bought below MSRP where the Porsche's are alway's 20K more than MSRP. This is due to the high priced options found in the Porsche line up. I bought my Grand Sport for just over $60K could not find a Cayman under $80K. At the end of the day I felt the Porsche is a little better quality car but not worth the price tag especially when you factor in the maintenance. If you're into performance the Corvette will win you over when compared to the Cayman/Boxster. To match it in the Porsche line you will spend double the money and have to move up to a 911. Instead I bought a pick up truck for my neighbors to borrow and haul their stuff.

Whats not to love, It's Awesome!

Tim Becker, 01/25/2018
Grand Sport w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

The seating is snug for a 6 foot + guy, but well worth it. There is nothing else I don't like about this car. Actually it has become a positive because you feel like you are in a cockpit and one with the car.

The Magic Red Corvette Stingray

Magic Red Corvette Stingray, 11/14/2017
Stingray 2dr Coupe w/3LT (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

They don’t write songs about Volvo’s or Porsche’s, right ? The C7 Corvette in any trim form is a fine American Made quality automobile. Fast, reliable, comfortable, fun factor of 10. You feel like “king of the road” when driving a C7. The C7 in short is as close to a street legal race car as you will ever drive. Did I mention the fun factor?...the C7 is addicting to drive. Test drive one and you will see what I’m talking about. You owe it to yourself...buy a C7 Corvette and have the time of your life. A “car guys” or car gals” car.

C-Vette

Charlie Wight, 05/17/2017
Stingray w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I love her. She is a show stopper. Have not liked the lines of the Stingray since my last one (1968) until the 2017.

Fast Car

Mike, 03/01/2018
Z06 w/3LZ 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 7M)

Extremely fast and Powerful.

Little red corvette

Rubin Alan, 05/02/2018
Grand Sport w/3LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

This car is a beast and even though it has less hp than the z06 or zr1. Still a fun and comfortable car to drive.

Sweet!

Jsollmi, 05/22/2019
Stingray Z51 w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

This is my third vette, and the best! I tell everyone to not take a test drive or they will be hooked. The eight speed automatic is fun and you can run in manual mode if you like or just down shift and upshift in automatic mode. Lots of teasers are coming out on the new C8. I don't care how "good" it will be, because the C7 is truly a sweet automotive dream car that will be relevant for many years to come.

Enjoy a real sports car while I'm still young

Happy, 02/17/2018
Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I daily drive my car commuting to work every day racking up 1k miles/month. Corvette has always been a practical car with enough trunk space for vacations. I'm 48 years old and I bought a new 2017 Corvette in 6/2017 with a manual transmission. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oKsCaGj_jI I want to enjoy a real sports car while I'm still young (getting in a low car, manual transmission, eyesight and reflexes). TECHNOLOGY: Aerogel heat insulator between engine/transmission and tunnel into the cabin. Aerogel insulation is used in the 2014-2018 Corvette C7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiqjLTIcYC4 at 45:25 minutes. Carbon fiber roof/hood, magnesium seat frames, trunk closing, rev-match manual shifting, engine cylinder deactivation, aluminum chasis, composite body panels, Apple Carplay, NPP performance exhaust, head unit controls everything and you can check on your car remotely/lock/unlcok/monitor status of fluids/tire pressure, keyless entry, push button start, HUD, cooled seats, targa top, Performance data recorder, magnetic suspension that GM licensed to Ferrari, Electronic limited slip differential, 50/50 weight balance, 3300 pounds, Michelin Pilot Super Sport tire on Ferrari, Porsche, $3 million Bugatti, Run-flat tires, 1.05G lateral force in base Stingray or 1.15G in Z06 http://fastestlaps.com/lists/top-grip-kings, 90ft stopping distance from 60-0mph, 3.7 seconds 0-60mph acceleration, 15 cubic foot cargo (2nd biggest for a sports car, after 17 cubic foot Ferrari 812 Superfast), COOL FACTOR: Corvette's rear taillights are 3D (not flat like most cars) like the $300k Aston Martin Zagato.

2017 Corvette Gand Sport

Lerdo Lerdo, 04/28/2017
Grand Sport w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Its new, but so far I am enjoying the ride. Lots of power, great handling and confortable.

A Real Head Turner

Len, 01/25/2018
Grand Sport 2dr Coupe w/3LT (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Collector Edition-fabulous performance at a great price. Beautiful leather interior with many, many electronic features. I love this car!

Overseas competitors still ahead

Gene, 05/04/2018
Stingray w/3LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Overseas competitors are still ahead in technology and overall drive when it come to vehicles in this price range.

cheap made

erniebar, 05/16/2018
Grand Sport w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

the noise the tires make and there cost and room in car

Comparing my C5 to my new C7

Douglas Thompson, 02/15/2018
Stingray Z51 w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I have not driven my new Z51 LT1 coupe because Chevrolet says that you are not supposed to drive it when the temperature is below 40 degrees and I live in Minnesota so I should be able to drive it by the fourth of July. I put 9 miles on it getting it home and that is all the driving experience I have on it so far. So all I can comment on is the comfort and quality of the things used when they put the C7 together.

The best sports car for the money

Daniel, 07/24/2019

Do your own homework

Great car

Thomas Krumpter, 10/09/2017
Stingray Z51 w/3LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Took for test ride and could not resist. Purchased and have loved it from day one. Nicest car I have ever owned.

Red Rocket

Bruce E., 08/28/2018
Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

The stereo system isn't as great as the car. The infotainment screen can't be used if streaming from youtube. Reception of radio stations are poor. From time to time the stereo just goes crazy and just change stations and loose the preset stations.

Base Model Daily Driver

Paco, 03/27/2019
Stingray 2dr Coupe w/1LT (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

First time Corvette owner. I absolutely love it! Great daily driver! 7th gear gets me a little over 30 mpg freeway miles. Only negative is the 'old man's car's stigma. I live in San Diego, California and there aren't too many Corvettes on the streets but the ones you see are driven by older men.

Spend $60K and can't open the garage door

mark bakula, 07/04/2019
Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

The car is great, but someone at GM is off base. After spending $60K+, I discover that I do not have memory seats and the ability to open the garage door with homelink! The dealer forgot to tell me these things. On a trip your right foot has do where to go with the cruise control on and therefore your foot gets tried of holding it's position.

Collector Edition steals Show!

James Auger, 08/28/2020
Stingray 2dr Coupe w/3LT (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Constant Complements!

2017 Corvette Z06

Rick Herndon, 09/30/2020
Z06 2dr Coupe w/3LZ (6.2L 8cyl S/C 7M)

For the corvette buyer, buy what you want from the car and no more. That is, if you want performance for the track or luxury. The base model will give you all you need. The Z06 gives you loads of both, but for a price. Traded a ZR1 in on my 2017 Z06 and not disappointed. Took it to the track almost from the showroom and had a blast. I believe the most performance for the money, So far not many bugs and very reliable.

True performance machine

Forkbeard, 12/14/2020
Stingray 2dr Coupe w/1LT (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I got this for my wife when the lease on her BMW was up, but now I'm the one looking for any excuse to drive it. Quick, great handling! And, in this age of turbo 4s and 6s, it actually sounds like a muscle car. Yes, a Tesla will beat it off the line, and Prius will get better mileage...

51050